Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone got a Milwaukee porta band for sale/trade?

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:00:41 -0400, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked up an older Harbor Freight portaband saw at a yard sale..but
the blade keeps coming off. It doesnt tighten up properly. I checked the
model number..and it uses a 44 1/2" blade. The new ones, along with the
Milwaukees..all use a 44 7/8" blade..and I cant find the shorter blades.

I only paid $5 for it..shrug

I could..make up blades..but my blade welder has gone tits up. Shrug

I missed buying a Milwaukee for $75 a few weeks ago...didnt have enough
cash on me...shrug

But I could sure use one. Mostly to cut EMT conduit with.

Gunner

Just a WAG...

Is there enough room inside at the front end of that saw to build up the
OD of the blade idler wheel somehow? You'd prolly have to increase the
OD by about 1/2 inch.

Jeff

Jeff

There is NO idler wheel, just the driven and the "other one" G

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is