Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SSM[_2_] SSM[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone got a Milwaukee porta band for sale/trade?

On Apr 24, 9:19*pm, Martin Eastburn
wrote:
On some of the low cost horizontal bandsaws - one of the wheels
are not in line with the other.

Might try lying a bar across all four edges of the wheels.
See if there are unique adjustments.

Martin

On 4/24/2011 2:20 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I picked up an older Harbor Freight portaband saw at a yard sale..but
the blade keeps coming off. It doesnt tighten up properly. I checked the
model number..and it uses a 44 1/2" blade. The new ones, along with the
Milwaukees..all use a 44 7/8" blade..and I cant find the shorter blades..

I only paid $5 for it..shrug

I could..make up blades..but my blade welder has gone tits up. *Shrug

I missed buying a Milwaukee for $75 a few weeks ago...didnt have enough
cash on me...shrug

But I could sure use one. Mostly to cut EMT conduit with.

Gunner

I had offered you a new one at a ridiculously inexpensive
price about 9 months ago and never heard back from you.
NOW you want it?