Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone got a Milwaukee porta band for sale/trade?

On Apr 25, 3:44*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:28:18 -0700 (PDT), SSM
wrote:

On Apr 24, 9:19*pm, Martin Eastburn
wrote:
On some of the low cost horizontal bandsaws - one of the wheels
are not in line with the other.

Might try lying a bar across all four edges of the wheels.
See if there are unique adjustments.

Martin

On 4/24/2011 2:20 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I picked up an older Harbor Freight portaband saw at a yard sale..but
the blade keeps coming off. It doesnt tighten up properly. I checked the
model number..and it uses a 44 1/2" blade. The new ones, along with the
Milwaukees..all use a 44 7/8" blade..and I cant find the shorter blades.

I only paid $5 for it..shrug

I could..make up blades..but my blade welder has gone tits up. *Shrug

I missed buying a Milwaukee for $75 a few weeks ago...didnt have enough
cash on me...shrug

But I could sure use one. Mostly to cut EMT conduit with.

Gunner

I had offered you a new one at a ridiculously inexpensive
price about 9 months ago and never heard back from you.
NOW you want it?

Im still recovering from the stroke of 2 yrs ago. If I indeed got the
message, and I honestly dont remember it, Im sorry if I didnt reply back
to you.

My memory is getting better..but..shrug. As a side note..I forgot that I
owned this for over a year....

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Van#

The guy who owns the shop where its parked, asked me about it..and I
said..."van? *What van?" *and when he looked at me funny..and walked me
out to the back lot...it came slamming back to me like a ton of iron.

How the hell does one forget one owns a 1 ton van, free and clear?

Last week a guy called me to repair a machine. *The name sounded
familiar...kinda sorta..and when I drove there...I suddenly remembered
Id been taking care of this guy for 10 yrs, though on a very irregular
basis.

As Ive stated repeatedly..going out back and digging through the Stacks
O Stuff..I keep finding all sorts of Neat ****! that I didnt remember
ever getting.

How much are you asking?

And thanks for remembering.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is

Gummer, the pity card you play expired long ago.

Have you remembered yet that you are a lifelong Democrat?

Or have you remembered to pay all your creditors yet?

TMT