Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ted Edwards

Readers,
Some time ago we had an elderly gentleman that followed RCM named Ted
Edwards. He was from Canada, and very wise. Any idea what became of him?
I haven't heard a peep from him in at least two years, maybe more.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It's been well over 2 years since Ted was participating regularly, Harold.

He's a very sharp guy, and well skilled in machining, among other talents.

Like so many others that no longer stop by RCM, I miss having more folks
commenting on metalworking topics daily.

Hell, I even thought you'd disappeared for a while, but you're still
checkin' in.

--
WB

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
. ..
Readers,
Some time ago we had an elderly gentleman that followed RCM named Ted
Edwards. He was from Canada, and very wise. Any idea what became of him?
I haven't heard a peep from him in at least two years, maybe more.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wild_Bill wrote:
It's been well over 2 years since Ted was participating regularly, Harold.

He's a very sharp guy, and well skilled in machining, among other talents.

Like so many others that no longer stop by RCM, I miss having more folks
commenting on metalworking topics daily.

Hell, I even thought you'd disappeared for a while, but you're still
checkin' in.

Someone else thats not been posting here for some time
Thats Ed Huntress.
Hope all is well with him.
Ted
in Dorset
UK.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ted Frater wrote:
Wild_Bill wrote:
It's been well over 2 years since Ted was participating regularly,
Harold.

He's a very sharp guy, and well skilled in machining, among other
talents.

Like so many others that no longer stop by RCM, I miss having more
folks commenting on metalworking topics daily.

Hell, I even thought you'd disappeared for a while, but you're still
checkin' in.

Someone else thats not been posting here for some time
Thats Ed Huntress.
Hope all is well with him.
Ted
in Dorset
UK.

I swapped eMail with Ed a few days ago.
He told me that all is well.
He became frustrated with the amount of
off topic traffic and decided his time was
better spent doing other things.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete Albrecht is another one who's presence is missed.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

I swapped eMail with Ed a few days ago.
He told me that all is well.
He became frustrated with the amount of
off topic traffic and decided his time was
better spent doing other things.

--Winston

That's funny!
Ed FED most of the off-topic traffic.
He just couldn't take what he was dishing out.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:06:20 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Pete Albrecht is another one who's presence is missed.

Jon

Didn't those two constantly go at it? I seem to recall Albrecht
hating offshore stuff, and Ted constantly defending the capabilities
of his 3-in-1.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/4/2011 1:47 PM, Pete Keillor wrote:

Didn't those two constantly go at it? I seem to recall Albrecht
hating offshore stuff, and Ted constantly defending the capabilities
of his 3-in-1.

Don't remember that particular conflict, but I remember Pete's thoughts
on import stuff.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
Winston wrote:

I swapped eMail with Ed a few days ago.
He told me that all is well.
He became frustrated with the amount of
off topic traffic and decided his time was
better spent doing other things.

--Winston

That's funny!
Ed FED most of the off-topic traffic.
He just couldn't take what he was dishing out.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Ed and I had an altercation and I plonked him so I haven't heard from him
since. Sometimes he was rational even in disagreement, sometimes not. I
hold no ill will and regret exchanging venomous remarks, I'm sometimes above
that, but not always...there ARE lines that should never be crossed, even
among the diametrically opposed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

CaveLamb wrote:
Winston wrote:

I swapped eMail with Ed a few days ago.
He told me that all is well.
He became frustrated with the amount of
off topic traffic and decided his time was
better spent doing other things.

--Winston

That's funny!
Ed FED most of the off-topic traffic.
He just couldn't take what he was dishing out.

I shouldn't have spoken for Ed, because
generic 'off topic' traffic wasn't ever
a problem. It was the incessant political
and religious blather that he found tiresome.
As do I.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

That's funny!
Ed FED most of the off-topic traffic.
He just couldn't take what he was dishing out.

I shouldn't have spoken for Ed, because
generic 'off topic' traffic wasn't ever
a problem. It was the incessant political
and religious blather that he found tiresome.
As do I.

Ed did tend to bite on too many trolls. I've been very guilty of that myself. I'm darn
quick with the ignore thread key now. Left Right, I really don't care. I might agree
with you but I'm doing my best to just stay out of it. Gun stuff, well it is metal
related

I've chatted with Ed recently also, he was in good spirits and we actually talked about a
metalworking topic amongst other things.

I keep hoping he comes back, he is well versed on many things and darn good at pointing to
sources of information. Besides, I think he is a rather nice guy. A bit passionate at
times but many of us are.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Winston wrote:

[...]

I'm Glad that he is well.

But, I do miss my daily fix of cogent argument and coherent sentences.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:46:07 -0500, "LibtardStupid"
wrote:

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
om...
Winston wrote:

I swapped eMail with Ed a few days ago.
He told me that all is well.
He became frustrated with the amount of
off topic traffic and decided his time was
better spent doing other things.

--Winston

That's funny!
Ed FED most of the off-topic traffic.
He just couldn't take what he was dishing out.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Ed and I had an altercation and I plonked him so I haven't heard from him
since. Sometimes he was rational even in disagreement, sometimes not. I
hold no ill will and regret exchanging venomous remarks, I'm sometimes above
that, but not always...there ARE lines that should never be crossed, even
among the diametrically opposed.

I had precisely that experience and took that same action. shrug

--
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for
anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Paul K. Dickman wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message
Winston wrote:

[...]

I have him as a friend on Facebook.
Look him up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
news:Ms6dnYajSfEf_77QnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d@earthlink. com...
Winston wrote:

[...]

You're the one that convinced me to plonk the trolls and leftists! Life on
Usenet is MUCH better without the likes of them. Now that the left lost
Congress BIG time, their posts (the few I see) smack of desperation,
disjointed thinking and venom. Ed was one of the most venomous when he
wanted to be and took it to a personal level. It seems that leftists are
incapable of debate and devolve when they aren't able to refute facts, they
go into personal attack mode rather than admit they are wrong. Oh well,
they SHOULD crawl back under their rocks now that it's apparent that
Libtardopia is a total failure.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Paul K. Dickman wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I looked forward to reading Ed's posts because
I knew that I would be entertained and a little
more educated if I read carefully.
Ed is one of the good ones, for sure.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
Pete Albrecht is another one who's presence is missed.

Jon

Oh?

I hadn't noticed.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
It's been well over 2 years since Ted was participating regularly, Harold.

He's a very sharp guy, and well skilled in machining, among other talents.

Like so many others that no longer stop by RCM, I miss having more folks
commenting on metalworking topics daily.

Hell, I even thought you'd disappeared for a while, but you're still
checkin' in.

--
WB

Thanks, WB.
Yeah, I check in as time allows, but the quality of posts has really been
compromised. Way too many dick size contests that aren't worth the time it
takes to avoid them.

Ted was brilliant----taught me something I'll likely never forget. We were
talking about ancient man, and I was commenting on some of their
accomplishments, wondering how they figured out the things they did. His
comment was that man has always been intelligent. True! Just lacking in
experiences. We tend to stand on the shoulders of those that went before
us.

Harold

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:53:19 -0800, Winston
wrote:

CaveLamb wrote:
Winston wrote:

I swapped eMail with Ed a few days ago.
He told me that all is well.
He became frustrated with the amount of
off topic traffic and decided his time was
better spent doing other things.

--Winston

That's funny!
Ed FED most of the off-topic traffic.
He just couldn't take what he was dishing out.

I shouldn't have spoken for Ed, because
generic 'off topic' traffic wasn't ever
a problem. It was the incessant political
and religious blather that he found tiresome.
As do I.

--Winston

He didn't find said blather so tiresome that he wouldn't pursue at
great length, with increasing vigor and even resort to namecalling if
a thread was prolonged by an impudent poster who persisted in refuting
his arguments with logic, usually respectful humor and cites.

The thread that seems to have torn it for Ed was the long one last
September about building a mosque near ground zero. He disappeared
after being confronted with a bullseye-relevant quote of a
Pulitzer-winning author. RCM became no longer worth his time.
He's outta here, plonked us all!

Ed deservedly got a lot of respect around here, mine included, but
perhaps not enough deference to suit him. Or perhaps he just decided
to use his time more productively than messing with us usenet cretins.
He certainly isn't the first to bail out.

There are days when I read what has been posted that day and think how
things have progressed since the metal-relevant days of Fitch,
Albrecht, TeeNut, Stephenson, Gary whatshisname, Swinney, and even
Altovoz.

I'm still making stuff out of metal. Made something useful today to
help a senior lady, a helpful device for a right-seat passenger. A
crafted solution, not a half-assed kludge. Silly stuff, piddly
projects. Bit of lathe work, bit of silver-brazing, torch-bending,
plating, coupla press fits, work that could be done by a competent
craftsman of any political or religious persuasion. It works. She's
grinning.

A political post can generate a thread with well over 100 hits while
none of my past several metalworking posts (and very few other
metal-relevant posts) have produced more than a few responses, fewer
than 10 in most cases. With Iggy, Karl T. and Gunner now and then as
notable exceptions, this group doesn't seem to be much about
metalworking these days.

All respect to Ed, I don't recall ever seeing a photo of or report
about anything he machined, welded or otherwise crafted in metal.

I haven't heard from Dr. Ted (Edwards) in quite a while. His wife was
in ill health some time ago, and I fear that Ted may also be failing,
or perhaps just checked out if he lost his wife. **** happens.

We visited Mayo today. We'll henceforth be visiting weekly rather
than monthly as we segue from pills to IV chemo for Mary. That's
actually good news: the pill chemo is working so the risk equation
tilts in favor of more aggressive treatment. The more aggressive chemo
is toxic but the disease is too, so progress with chemo does indicate
more aggressive chemo.

Also some very nice accomodations and really good meals in restaurants
fit for visiting Arabs. Ya only live once, and we're not leaving it
to my daughter that'd give it to the goddamned democrats!

It's an easy ride back and forth if weather is decent. It was a bit
dicey going down this trip with blowing snow making the road about
invisible, but the return run was easy peasey.

I walked my quicktime (as in Army, not Apple: 120 steps per minute
per FM 22-5) hour today in the skyways and subways of the Mayo
complex. That was easy: there are still parts of that system I've not
explored and I was walking briskly. Only two others were walking more
briskly, both fatassed babes pumping arms and doing their best, give
'em credit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 01:05:04 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

.. .

Winston wrote:

[...]

But I still see your posts to them under one monicker or another,
silly wabbit. STOP THAT! sigh

Usenet is MUCH better without the likes of them. Now that the left lost
Congress BIG time, their posts (the few I see) smack of desperation,
disjointed thinking and venom. Ed was one of the most venomous when he
wanted to be and took it to a personal level. It seems that leftists are
incapable of debate and devolve when they aren't able to refute facts, they
go into personal attack mode rather than admit they are wrong. Oh well,
they SHOULD crawl back under their rocks now that it's apparent that
Libtardopia is a total failure.

The only problem is that none of them realizes this, continuing to
rationalize every facet of libtard life. Amazing. My poor family
still loves The Chosen One, though my sister acks knowing nothing of
politics nor delving into ANY research to prove that her savior is
actually doing anything the libs & media say he is. deep sigh
Farkin' unreal. And the new REPs don't really seem to be following
their word so far, either. I hope Issa (from my old neck of the LoCal
woods) keeps his word and nixes _some_ gov't waste.
http://tinyurl.com/2vcxz7p

--
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for
anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one
tumble down the stairs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:
(...)

There are days when I read what has been posted that day and think how
things have progressed since the metal-relevant days of Fitch,
Albrecht, TeeNut, Stephenson, Gary whatshisname, Swinney, and even
Altovoz.

Altovoz? Really?

I'm still making stuff out of metal. Made something useful today to
help a senior lady, a helpful device for a right-seat passenger. A
crafted solution, not a half-assed kludge. Silly stuff, piddly
projects. Bit of lathe work, bit of silver-brazing, torch-bending,
plating, coupla press fits, work that could be done by a competent
craftsman of any political or religious persuasion. It works. She's
grinning.

Good on ya. I'm helping to repair machines that cut and polish
stone for countertops, etc. So far, just the occasional adapter or
bracket. Occasionally some electronic troubleshooting and repair.
It is all 'charity work' but I find it useful and fun.

A political post can generate a thread with well over 100 hits while
none of my past several metalworking posts (and very few other
metal-relevant posts) have produced more than a few responses, fewer
than 10 in most cases. With Iggy, Karl T. and Gunner now and then as
notable exceptions, this group doesn't seem to be much about
metalworking these days.

It is a much smarter, quieter, more relevant group, after I
adjusted my filters.

All respect to Ed, I don't recall ever seeing a photo of or report
about anything he machined, welded or otherwise crafted in metal.

What proportion of us use the group for 'wish fulfillment' most
of the time. (Count me in.)

Ed provided me with an interesting and accurate metallurgical
explanation of the rust spots I saw when autogenously TIGging
stainless.
That information was far more useful and welcome than any 100 MB
of name-calling.
He's gathered about half the tools he needs to do some aluminum
casting, too. AMHIKT.

I haven't heard from Dr. Ted (Edwards) in quite a while. His wife was
in ill health some time ago, and I fear that Ted may also be failing,
or perhaps just checked out if he lost his wife.

I would welcome any or all of those smart, generous people, any
time they decided to return.

**** happens.

Yup.

We visited Mayo today. We'll henceforth be visiting weekly rather
than monthly as we segue from pills to IV chemo for Mary.

Please convey our hopes and good wishes to her.

I walked my quicktime (as in Army, not Apple: 120 steps per minute
per FM 22-5) hour today in the skyways and subways of the Mayo
complex. That was easy: there are still parts of that system I've not
explored and I was walking briskly. Only two others were walking more
briskly, both fatassed babes pumping arms and doing their best, give
'em credit.

We work with what we got.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

[...]

tumble down the stairs.- Hide quoted text -

Sure, just keep shutting out everyone who doesn't agree with you. Soon
you'll be left alone, talking to yourself.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

Ed provided me with an interesting and accurate metallurgical
explanation of the rust spots I saw when autogenously TIGging
stainless.
That information was far more useful and welcome than any 100 MB
of name-calling.
He's gathered about half the tools he needs to do some aluminum
casting, too. AMHIKT.

--Winston

There's a yahoo group called "castinghobby" that's inhabitted by some very
helpful people . Ed might like to check it out - unfortunately he'll have to
sign up to read the archives , a decision of the moderators/group owner that
I don't agree with .
He might also like to check out Back Yard Metal Casting if he hasn't
already .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:

Ed provided me with an interesting and accurate metallurgical
explanation of the rust spots I saw when autogenously TIGging
stainless.
That information was far more useful and welcome than any 100 MB
of name-calling.
He's gathered about half the tools he needs to do some aluminum
casting, too. AMHIKT.

--Winston

There's a yahoo group called "castinghobby" that's inhabitted by some very
helpful people . Ed might like to check it out - unfortunately he'll have to
sign up to read the archives , a decision of the moderators/group owner that
I don't agree with .
He might also like to check out Back Yard Metal Casting if he hasn't
already .

http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/

Roger that! Thanks, Snag.
Hey Ed, if you are lurking, here ya go!

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Snag wrote:
Winston wrote:

[...]

Check out the forum too , the url is
http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/forums/

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:

Check out the forum too , the url is
http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/forums/

There is a *lot* of stuff to read.
Thanks!

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-05, Don Foreman wrote:
A political post can generate a thread with well over 100 hits while
none of my past several metalworking posts (and very few other
metal-relevant posts) have produced more than a few responses, fewer
than 10 in most cases. With Iggy, Karl T. and Gunner now and then as
notable exceptions, this group doesn't seem to be much about
metalworking these days.

Thanks. I have a lot of political opinions, but I try to keep some
balance and write about metal related fun stuff more often than about
political things.

I think of this newsgroup as a club of like minded people, when it
comes to interest in machining and various projects, and also as a
place where I can go for advice.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rangerssuck" wrote in message

Sure, just keep shutting out everyone who doesn't agree with you. Soon
you'll be left alone, talking to yourself.

When those that "disagree" are insulting, disrespectful, vicious, demeaning,
nasty and resort to personal attacks, they don't deserve to be engaged in a
discussion. It's obvious that discussion is not their goal, they are only
interested in trolling.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-05, Don Foreman wrote:
A political post can generate a thread with well over 100 hits while
none of my past several metalworking posts (and very few other
metal-relevant posts) have produced more than a few responses, fewer
than 10 in most cases. With Iggy, Karl T. and Gunner now and then as
notable exceptions, this group doesn't seem to be much about
metalworking these days.

Thanks. I have a lot of political opinions, but I try to keep some
balance and write about metal related fun stuff more often than about
political things.

Balance is important. As soon as I figure a poster is never going to post on
metalworking, I set a filter.

I think of this newsgroup as a club of like minded people, when it
comes to interest in machining and various projects, and also as a
place where I can go for advice.

United around a common thread?

Sometimes it is hard to post metalworking stuff. I made a socket today for a 90 degree
brass fitting. Nothing to brag on. Drilled the four corners so my endmill could run into
them since I can't make a 90 degree corner. Removed metal until the fitting fit.

I did all the calculating using a cad program. Drew me a machining print also. Autocad
beats the heck out of Alibre for this sort of thing. Thanks Miss Youmans for that
geometry class years ago.

Inserted fitting, use that pointy end of edge finder to set bridgeport over center of
fitting rotation. Drilled a #7 hole down thru my piece of O-1. Tapped it 1/4-20. Well,
I tried to tap it. My tap tapped one too many holes. Use punch and hammer to remove rest
of broken tap, pick up where it snapped with a new tap.

I though I'd use my nifty new slitting saw and arbor to cut off the excess material
sticking up from the mill vise when I was done. Darn thing cut using about 20 degrees of
the saw blade. I'm not versed on tweeking a slitting saw up. Hey a discussion topic, how
do you center that saw blade?

Gave up, took my work piece over to surface grinder with a 1/32" cut off wheel. Cut off
most of excess stock. Put back in mill upside down, mill off excess.

Debur.

Screw in 1/4-20 setscrew, attach a hex nut to portion sticking out of back. Take a 7/16"
socket and place over nut.

The nut and setscrew thing was just a way to center the socket I'm using for the 3/8"
square drive over center of rotation.

Clean things up really clean, wire brush, flux, heat, apply some SafetySilv 44 silver
braze and join. Go to break, let work cool.

Take work back to lathe, radius the corners a bit for safety and asthetics. Break all
sharp edges, hand to engineer.

For most of us that make things, this isn't all that exciting. The guys with slotters
would have processed it differently.

Now tips on how you dial in a slitting saw, that would be a good topic for someone to
start. Oh, I'm repeating myself.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-05, Wes wrote:
[...]

Sounds fun. Post some pictures.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-05, Wes wrote:
[...]

Had the same problem with a slitting saw. I'd like to know how you dial one
in also.

Garrett Fulton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-05, Wes wrote:

Now tips on how you dial in a slitting saw, that would be a good
topic for someone to
start. Oh, I'm repeating myself.

Sounds fun. Post some pictures.

Had the same problem with a slitting saw. I'd like to know how you
dial one in also.

Garrett Fulton

I have one that I've never used ... but it looks to me like if it's on a
close-fitting arbor it should *be* aligned/concentric. Mine's keyed to the
(now 3/4" - useta be 3MT) arbor so it can't slip . I guess I need to
actually try using it , for all I know it's also off enough to be a problem
..

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Winston wrote:

[...]

But ... but... Ed said he was a Centrist!!
And then argued for the Left for paragraphs on end.
but he argued well, and usually with minimal acrimony
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 08:49:54 +0100, "Garrett Fulton"
wrote:

Now tips on how you dial in a slitting saw, that would be a good topic for
someone to
start. Oh, I'm repeating myself.

Sounds fun. Post some pictures.

Had the same problem with a slitting saw. I'd like to know how you dial one
in also.

Garrett Fulton

You don't. Either the arbor and hole are concentric with the saw's
periphery or they aren't, assuming negligable runout on the spindle
itself.

None of mine are perfectly concentric but most are pretty close. It
doesn't seem to make any difference in performance. More important is
whether (or not) the plane of the saw is perpendicular to the spindle
axis so the slot cut will be the desired width.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Now tips on how you dial in a slitting saw, that would be a good topic
for
someone to
start. Oh, I'm repeating myself.

Sounds fun. Post some pictures.

Had the same problem with a slitting saw. I'd like to know how you dial
one
in also.

Garrett Fulton

You don't. Either the arbor and hole are concentric with the saw's
periphery or they aren't, assuming negligable runout on the spindle
itself.

None of mine are perfectly concentric but most are pretty close. It
doesn't seem to make any difference in performance. More important is
whether (or not) the plane of the saw is perpendicular to the spindle
axis so the slot cut will be the desired width.

My own fault then, as the saw is made in the US, and seems to be of good
quality. The arbor sounds like it's identical to the one Snag mentioned.
But I bought it at a flea market and it's made in Pakistan or some such. I
need a good arbor. Thanks.

Garrett

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Paul K. Dickman wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Winston:

Send him a shout out along with encouragement to renew his presence.
When you kill file the knee jerkers kicking from both wings, along
with the
racists and voluble loons, there is the meat of good information here.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Mine was made by a previous owner of my lathe . The 3MT was so he could use
it in the spindle , there was also a very light duty drawbar that was
attached to the arbor when i got the lathe . I cut it to 3/4" straight so I
could use it in an R8 collet in my mill .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward Hennessey wrote:

(...)

Winston:

Send him a shout out along with encouragement to renew his presence.
When you kill file the knee jerkers kicking from both wings, along
with the
racists and voluble loons, there is the meat of good information here.

Hi Edward,

He knows that you and I and many others would welcome
him back, any time. I understand and appreciate the
reasons that he has for shifting his focus to more
meaningful stuff, so I'm not going to harangue the guy.

I swapped eMails with another grouper who 'dropped off
the radar' a while back. I engaged in a little good -
natured encouragement to get him to post. I didn't
realize how intrusive my eMails were, but later found
out. Oops.

I'm not gonna take aim at my *other* foot.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Edward Hennessey wrote:

(...)

[...]

Yeah, "Stumpy" always had a wooden sound to it...
and "Harangutan"...too darn common these days.

In the course of an email from him, however, if any
reiteration of incoming commendations
could aid his reconsideration to re-enter the lists,
feel free to note the above. "Focus", IIRC, comes
from campfire and he is welcome at mine.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward Hennessey wrote:

(...)

Yeah, "Stumpy" always had a wooden sound to it...
and "Harangutan"...too darn common these days.

I am a 'Harangasaurus' myself.

In the course of an email from him, however, if any
reiteration of incoming commendations
could aid his reconsideration to re-enter the lists,
feel free to note the above. "Focus", IIRC, comes
from campfire and he is welcome at mine.

Sounds good.

--Winston