Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Railway metalworking..

Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:06:42 -0400, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

THANKS!!

That was way cool!!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 18, 5:06*pm, "Phil Kangas" wrote:
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

Wow! that was some job! Reminds me of the red ant hives when I put
poison grain on them. I wonder how long it will be before they rip it
up again?

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

Thanks, Phil. That was awesome, and a refreshing post with metal content.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

What was wrong with the old track?
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Existential Angst wrote:
"Phil wrote in message
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

What was wrong with the old track?

Earthquake damage.
The 1907 budget finally got passed.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

That looks like a pretty dangerous job site. Those guys have to be
approaching Mach 1 in those cranes. I would be scared of getting run
over. I also can't believe how fast those workers move. Did the
company put Meth in their Gatorade? Any company would love to have
employees that can finish a job like that in 12 minutes flat.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

That looks like a pretty dangerous job site. Those guys have to be
approaching Mach 1 in those cranes. I would be scared of getting run
over. I also can't believe how fast those workers move. Did the
company put Meth in their Gatorade? Any company would love to have
employees that can finish a job like that in 12 minutes flat.
Dave

That's what happens when the workers are paid by the job instead of
hourly.
Karl