DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Railway metalworking.. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/311894-railway-metalworking.html)

Phil Kangas[_3_] October 19th 10 01:06 AM

Railway metalworking..

Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

Gunner Asch[_6_] October 19th 10 02:11 AM

Railway metalworking..

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:06:42 -0400, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

THANKS!!

That was way cool!!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

[email protected] October 19th 10 04:35 AM

Railway metalworking..

On Oct 18, 5:06*pm, "Phil Kangas" wrote:
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

Wow! that was some job! Reminds me of the red ant hives when I put
poison grain on them. I wonder how long it will be before they rip it
up again?

Paul

Steve B[_10_] October 19th 10 05:10 AM

Railway metalworking..

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

Thanks, Phil. That was awesome, and a refreshing post with metal content.

Steve

Existential Angst[_2_] October 19th 10 05:58 AM

Railway metalworking..

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

What was wrong with the old track?
--
EA

Winston October 19th 10 06:24 AM

Railway metalworking..

Existential Angst wrote:
"Phil wrote in message
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

What was wrong with the old track?

Earthquake damage.
The 1907 budget finally got passed.

:)

--Winston

[email protected] October 22nd 10 11:49 AM

Railway metalworking..

wrote:

Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

That looks like a pretty dangerous job site. Those guys have to be
approaching Mach 1 in those cranes. I would be scared of getting run
over. I also can't believe how fast those workers move. Did the
company put Meth in their Gatorade? Any company would love to have
employees that can finish a job like that in 12 minutes flat.
Dave

[email protected] October 23rd 10 11:01 AM

Railway metalworking..

wrote:
Here's some action with heavy machinery and big iron.
There's even thermit welding going on! It's a long video
over ten minutes, fyi.

http://www.wimp.com/railwaytracks/

That looks like a pretty dangerous job site. Those guys have to be
approaching Mach 1 in those cranes. I would be scared of getting run
over. I also can't believe how fast those workers move. Did the
company put Meth in their Gatorade? Any company would love to have
employees that can finish a job like that in 12 minutes flat.
Dave

That's what happens when the workers are paid by the job instead of
hourly.
Karl