Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

The bird's eye view of this place can be seen he

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...223&FORM=MIRE1

Select "Aerial/Bird's Eye" and soom in. The roof looks pretty good.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:54:37 -0500, Ignoramus5013

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:44:26 -0500, Ignoramus5013
wrote:

The bird's eye view of this place can be seen he

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...223&FORM=MIRE1

Select "Aerial/Bird's Eye" and soom in. The roof looks pretty good.

Yah..it does.

Iggy..how far into that grove of trees does your property line extend?

Pretty far, I would say just guessing 80-100 ft.

http://loebequipment.com/images/docu...tate_Flyer.pdf

So there is room to expand if need be, down the road?

Zoning may be something to be aware of. Can you cut those trees back and
expand?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The bird's eye view of this place can be seen he

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...223&FORM=MIRE1

Select "Aerial/Bird's Eye" and soom in. The roof looks pretty good.

Yah..it does.

Iggy..how far into that grove of trees does your property line extend?

Pretty far, I would say just guessing 80-100 ft.

http://loebequipment.com/images/docu...tate_Flyer.pdf

So there is room to expand if need be, down the road?

Zoning may be something to be aware of. Can you cut those trees back and
expand?

I would cut them back for better building clearance. I cannot see why
expand now. Maybe years later.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The bird's eye view of this place can be seen he

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...223&FORM=MIRE1

Select "Aerial/Bird's Eye" and soom in. The roof looks pretty good.

Yah..it does.

Iggy..how far into that grove of trees does your property line extend?

Pretty far, I would say just guessing 80-100 ft.

http://loebequipment.com/images/docu...tate_Flyer.pdf

So there is room to expand if need be, down the road?

Zoning may be something to be aware of. Can you cut those trees back and
expand?

I would cut them back for better building clearance. I cannot see why
expand now. Maybe years later.

Of course..thats what I was asking.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:53:23 -0500, Ignoramus12523
wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Wimp. ;-)

Well, you've already learned a lot, and it didn't cost hardly
anything.

I wonder if it would be worth your while keeping in contact with local
commercial/industrial agents who could let you know when they see a
real bargain, distress sale or whatever. They make a commission
anyway, an easy sale at a low price is no skin off their back.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Wimp. ;-)

Well, you've already learned a lot, and it didn't cost hardly
anything.

I wonder if it would be worth your while keeping in contact with local
commercial/industrial agents who could let you know when they see a
real bargain, distress sale or whatever. They make a commission
anyway, an easy sale at a low price is no skin off their back.

I think that I should start looking deeper myself.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Whew, that was close. Out of curiosity, and purely for educational
purposes, you can follow what really happens to that building.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

That's probably a very good move. Methinks you're smarter than you
look, Ig.

Let us know how the auction ends, and follow it up later to see if the
purchaser got his money's worth, eh?

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

That's probably a very good move. Methinks you're smarter than you
look, Ig.

Let us know how the auction ends, and follow it up later to see if the
purchaser got his money's worth, eh?

I will try to keep an eye on it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

That's probably a very good move. *Methinks you're smarter than you
look, Ig. *

Let us know how the auction ends, and follow it up later to see if the
purchaser got his money's worth, eh?

I will try to keep an eye on it.

Pete C.

Where is your property located?

I'm currently going thru a similiar thought process to consolidate my
workshops into one single warehouse space. I've been weighing the
purchase an existing structure versus putting up a manufactured
(Morton) building on a vacant lot.

_kevin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus12065 wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Yup, I just couldn't figure out why the HELL you wanted to buy a
building an HOUR
away, with no tenant and then HOPE to find a decent tenant for the location.
If it was closer, you could store some of your "stuff" in it. Just
imagine a call
on the weekend that the water heater blew up and you had to run out
there (2 hour
round trip) to clean up a big mess before it ate the drywall. This
would get REAL
OLD real quick.

If it had a tenant, or was close enough for you to use it for various
purposes,
it might have made more sense. I almost advised you to cut your bid in
half and see
what happened.

Jon