DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Warehouse in a black town? Buerste? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/310009-re-warehouse-black-town-buerste.html)

Ignoramus5013 September 14th 10 09:44 PM

Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

The bird's eye view of this place can be seen he

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...223&FORM=MIRE1

Select "Aerial/Bird's Eye" and soom in. The roof looks pretty good.

Gunner Asch[_6_] September 15th 10 04:55 AM

Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:54:37 -0500, Ignoramus5013

On 2010-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:44:26 -0500, Ignoramus5013
wrote:

The bird's eye view of this place can be seen he

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...223&FORM=MIRE1

Select "Aerial/Bird's Eye" and soom in. The roof looks pretty good.

Yah..it does.

Iggy..how far into that grove of trees does your property line extend?

Pretty far, I would say just guessing 80-100 ft.

http://loebequipment.com/images/docu...tate_Flyer.pdf

So there is room to expand if need be, down the road?

Zoning may be something to be aware of. Can you cut those trees back and
expand?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

Ignoramus5013 September 15th 10 06:17 AM

wrote:

The bird's eye view of this place can be seen he

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...223&FORM=MIRE1

Select "Aerial/Bird's Eye" and soom in. The roof looks pretty good.

Yah..it does.

Iggy..how far into that grove of trees does your property line extend?

Pretty far, I would say just guessing 80-100 ft.

http://loebequipment.com/images/docu...tate_Flyer.pdf

So there is room to expand if need be, down the road?

Zoning may be something to be aware of. Can you cut those trees back and
expand?

I would cut them back for better building clearance. I cannot see why
expand now. Maybe years later.

Gunner Asch[_6_] September 15th 10 07:17 AM

Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

wrote:

The bird's eye view of this place can be seen he

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...223&FORM=MIRE1

Select "Aerial/Bird's Eye" and soom in. The roof looks pretty good.

Yah..it does.

Iggy..how far into that grove of trees does your property line extend?

Pretty far, I would say just guessing 80-100 ft.

http://loebequipment.com/images/docu...tate_Flyer.pdf

So there is room to expand if need be, down the road?

Zoning may be something to be aware of. Can you cut those trees back and
expand?

I would cut them back for better building clearance. I cannot see why
expand now. Maybe years later.

Of course..thats what I was asking.

Ignoramus12523 September 15th 10 08:53 PM

Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Spehro Pefhany September 15th 10 09:43 PM

Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:53:23 -0500, Ignoramus12523
wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Wimp. ;-)

Well, you've already learned a lot, and it didn't cost hardly
anything.

I wonder if it would be worth your while keeping in contact with local
commercial/industrial agents who could let you know when they see a
real bargain, distress sale or whatever. They make a commission
anyway, an easy sale at a low price is no skin off their back.

Ignoramus12523 September 15th 10 10:08 PM

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Wimp. ;-)

Well, you've already learned a lot, and it didn't cost hardly
anything.

I wonder if it would be worth your while keeping in contact with local
commercial/industrial agents who could let you know when they see a
real bargain, distress sale or whatever. They make a commission
anyway, an easy sale at a low price is no skin off their back.

I think that I should start looking deeper myself.

Pete Keillor September 15th 10 10:15 PM

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Whew, that was close. Out of curiosity, and purely for educational
purposes, you can follow what really happens to that building.

Pete Keillor

Larry Jaques[_3_] September 16th 10 04:03 PM

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

That's probably a very good move. Methinks you're smarter than you
look, Ig. ;)

Let us know how the auction ends, and follow it up later to see if the
purchaser got his money's worth, eh?

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in

Ignoramus12065 September 16th 10 07:16 PM

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

That's probably a very good move. Methinks you're smarter than you
look, Ig. ;)

Let us know how the auction ends, and follow it up later to see if the
purchaser got his money's worth, eh?

I will try to keep an eye on it.

karchiba[_2_] September 16th 10 07:22 PM

Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

That's probably a very good move. *Methinks you're smarter than you
look, Ig. *;)

Let us know how the auction ends, and follow it up later to see if the
purchaser got his money's worth, eh?

I will try to keep an eye on it.

Pete C.

Where is your property located?

I'm currently going thru a similiar thought process to consolidate my
workshops into one single warehouse space. I've been weighing the
purchase an existing structure versus putting up a manufactured
(Morton) building on a vacant lot.

_kevin

Jon Elson September 17th 10 05:03 AM

Ignoramus12065 wrote:

Just an update. I decided not to bid. I think that if I win it would
be because I am the biggest sucker. I will return the certified
check.

Yup, I just couldn't figure out why the HELL you wanted to buy a
building an HOUR
away, with no tenant and then HOPE to find a decent tenant for the location.
If it was closer, you could store some of your "stuff" in it. Just
imagine a call
on the weekend that the water heater blew up and you had to run out
there (2 hour
round trip) to clean up a big mess before it ate the drywall. This
would get REAL
OLD real quick.

If it had a tenant, or was close enough for you to use it for various
purposes,
it might have made more sense. I almost advised you to cut your bid in
half and see
what happened.

Jon