Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compound pulleys....

Awl --

I made a setup of double compounds pulleys (National brand), with one block
having 2 sheaves side-by-side (one axle), and the other block similar.
Thus, 4 ropes are traveling between the two. There is a considerable
length of rope between the two blocks, on the order of 4 feet.

The Q is: How to keep these ropes from twisting around each other?
When the ropes twist around each other, very high friction results.

One block is fixed, the other travels, so I suppose the traveling block
could have its axle extended on both sides, and run through some kind of
channel/guide. That's the only answer I see.

Unless it's the rope I'm using that's causing problems, and mebbe aircraft
cable would be better behaved.

Idears?
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 20, 9:19*pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
Awl --

I made a setup of double compounds pulleys (National brand), with one block
having 2 sheaves side-by-side (one axle), and the other block similar.
Thus, 4 ropes are traveling between the two. * There is a considerable
length of rope between the two blocks, on the order of 4 feet.

The Q is: * How to keep these ropes from twisting around each other?
When the ropes twist around each other, very high friction results.

One block is fixed, the other travels, so I suppose the traveling block
could have its axle extended on both sides, and run through some kind of
channel/guide. *That's the only answer I see.

Unless it's the rope I'm using that's causing problems, and mebbe aircraft
cable would be better behaved.

Idears?
--
EA

Use braided rope.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:20:20 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

[...]

Ayup.

The layup causes it to lay flat and even, rather than trying to
corkscrew out of the blocks.

Thats why sailors only use braided rope.

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 20, 10:20*pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:19*pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
The Q is: * How to keep these ropes from twisting around each other?
When the ropes twist around each other, very high friction results.

EA

Use braided rope.
jsw

Braided polyester is easier to handle than nylon and plenty strong if
large enough to grip well, like 8 - 11mm. Cotton-over-synthetic sash
cord is even easier to handle but doesn't last as long outdoors.
Around here I consider 10 - 15 years it's limit for pulleys left out
in the weather, then it becomes tarp tiedowns etc. A flaw in the
sheathing causes a jam. It eventually falls apart into frizz rather
than breaking.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
[...]

You can hang it all up, get it all pretty and straight, and come back in the
morning, and it will be twisted from moisture getting into the rope. Some
ropes worse than others, particularly manila and sisal.

As suggested, use braided rope.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 21, 9:05*am, "Existential Angst" wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

On Aug 20, 10:20 pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Aug 20, 9:19 pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
The Q is: How to keep these ropes from twisting around each other?
When the ropes twist around each other, very high friction results.

EA

Use braided rope.
jsw

Braided polyester is easier to handle than nylon and plenty strong if
large enough to grip well, like 8 - 11mm. ...

What about plastic-covered aircraft cable (1/8")? *Or non-covered?

Now I'm using what I think is a yellow polyester *twisted* *rope-ish ditty,
which readily untwists, it seems. *Kinda cheap, it seems, just sorta had it
around.
--
EA

PolyESTER, not polypropylene, the cheap slippery yellow boating stuff.
Polyester looks and feels like mountaineering kernmantle. Braided
nylon is OK but more likely to burn your hands with a heavy load. Sash
cord is very nice, clothesline is a poorer, stiffer alternative.

I used uncoated 1/16" steel cable on the upper part of my chimney
cleaning brush system, as every part near the top is metal. The end I
pull on is rope, try yanking on steel cable and you will learn why. It
unwinds under load like twisted rope. Coated wire can jam in the
pulley when the coating wears through or breaks.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Ayup.

The layup causes it to lay flat and even, rather than trying to
corkscrew out of the blocks.

Thats why sailors only use braided rope.

Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/22/2010 10:54 AM, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:

Ayup.
The layup causes it to lay flat and even, rather than trying to
corkscrew out of the blocks.

Thats why sailors only use braided rope.

Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? :-)
...lew...

The material is rope. Made up for a particular purpose it becomes a
line. A hawser is a line made up for mooring or towing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 22, 10:54*am, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.

Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? *:-)
* * ...lew...

Perhaps they are at West Marine.
Try asking for braided line, sheet or hawser in Home Depot.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.

Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? *:-)
* * ...lew...

Perhaps they are at West Marine.
Try asking for braided line, sheet or hawser in Home Depot.

Which should tell you something. I made the mistake of buying some nylon rope
there. It was good for nothing except decoration, and twisted badly upon load.
Completely useless for use in a block and tackle. Even if the humidity didn't
change. Replaced it with real kernmantle line from West Marine.

Joe Gwinn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.

Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? :-)
...lew...

Perhaps they are at West Marine.
Try asking for braided line, sheet or hawser in Home Depot.

jsw

I doubt a REAL sailor would be looking at Home Depot. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doc Doc is offline

"Steve B" wrote in
:

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

I made a setup of double compounds pulleys (National brand), with one
block having 2 sheaves side-by-side (one axle), and the other block
similar. Thus, 4 ropes are traveling between the two. There is a
considerable length of rope between the two blocks, on the order of 4
feet.

The Q is: How to keep these ropes from twisting around each other?
When the ropes twist around each other, very high friction results.

Something else you can try is reeving the blocks at a right angle to each
other, that is, if you look at the blocks when you reeve them one block
should have the sides of the sheaves showing and the other should have the
grooves showing. Doing it this way, called "right angle reeving" reduces
the side friction on the rope crossing over to the other side of the block.
There are multiple google diagrams.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.
Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? *:-)
* * ...lew...

Perhaps they are at West Marine.
Try asking for braided line, sheet or hawser in Home Depot.

jsw

I doubt a REAL sailor would be looking at Home Depot. :-)
* * ...lew...

Or asking for a solution to EA's problem. I have to be pretty
desperate to pay West Marine's prices, though HD's are creeping up
there.

The last 1/2" x 100' braided nylon rope I bought came from a True
Value store. Two days later it was packed with deep-woods mud and I
was really glad for buying it, and a few of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5341&viewitem=

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.
Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? :-)
...lew...

Perhaps they are at West Marine.
Try asking for braided line, sheet or hawser in Home Depot.

jsw

I doubt a REAL sailor would be looking at Home Depot. :-)
...lew...

Blink blink...several of my sail boats have SS hardware purchased from
Home Despot.

Somethings they sell are ok for marine work..and a hell of a lot cheaper
than at the marine places (least around here)

Rope isnt one of them.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

What the hell's a real sailor anyway? Read Robb White's take on
things "marine". http://www.robbwhite.com/rescue.minor.machinery.html

Not saying I'd do it the same. I'm considering building a Rescue
Minor primarily for my wife, who loves to fish skinny water. For her,
I think I'll stick with a gearbox instead of Robb's floppy motor
mounts if just for a reasonable reverse.

Pete Keillor

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete Keillor fired this volley in
:

What the hell's a real sailor anyway?

A sailor is someone who calls twisted wire thingies "rope", and who calls
twisted fiber thingies "line" or "hawsers"; And ne'er the twain shall
meet.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:38:12 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Pete Keillor fired this volley in
:

What the hell's a real sailor anyway?

A sailor is someone who calls twisted wire thingies "rope", and who calls
twisted fiber thingies "line" or "hawsers"; And ne'er the twain shall
meet.

LLoyd

Or sheets, outhauls, halyards, etc. depending on function. I've never
used hawser, considering that a towline or mooring line for a ship,
not the size of boats I'm interested in. And I refer to a nylon
anchor rode as rope. I don't currently have a sailboat, and when I
did, my only wire was standing rigging.

I've known "sailors" who called out "ready about -- hard alee" when
coming about, then tossed their cookies in a little chop. But man,
they looked good in the topsiders and khakis.

Using any terminology has its place to provide good communications and
avoid confusion. Overuse to prove you're among the chosen generally
leads to miscommunication, more often than not.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:38:12 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Pete Keillor fired this volley in
m:

[...]

If you ever sail on a team (I did), you'd better use the right jargon. If
you call a rode a "rope," you're going to get a double-take and maybe hit
something as your crew wonders what you mean.

I'm anti-jargon, in general, but this is one place where it matters if
you're using the right word. Rope is the material from which lines are made.
Lines are *pieces* of rope which are made to be fastened to the boat at one
end or both. There are no "ropes" on a boat, but there may be rope in the
locker.

My vague recollection is that the definitions of "rope" and "line" have
changed over the centuries, but I was too young then to be sure. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

If you ever sail on a team (I did), you'd better use the right jargon. If
you call a rode a "rope," you're going to get a double-take and maybe hit
something as your crew wonders what you mean.

I'm anti-jargon, in general, but this is one place where it matters if
you're using the right word. Rope is the material from which lines are made.
Lines are *pieces* of rope which are made to be fastened to the boat at one
end or both. There are no "ropes" on a boat, but there may be rope in the
locker.

My vague recollection is that the definitions of "rope" and "line" have
changed over the centuries, but I was too young then to be sure. d8-)

Bless you, Ed.

For a moment I thought they were picking one me (again)

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
news
Ed Huntress wrote:

If you ever sail on a team (I did), you'd better use the right jargon. If
you call a rode a "rope," you're going to get a double-take and maybe hit
something as your crew wonders what you mean.

I'm anti-jargon, in general, but this is one place where it matters if
you're using the right word. Rope is the material from which lines are
made. Lines are *pieces* of rope which are made to be fastened to the
boat at one end or both. There are no "ropes" on a boat, but there may be
rope in the locker.

My vague recollection is that the definitions of "rope" and "line" have
changed over the centuries, but I was too young then to be sure. d8-)

Bless you, Ed.

For a moment I thought they were picking one me (again)

They were. Your leg is fun to pull, Richard. Both of them, in fact.

Somewhere out there may be a nitpicker, so let's point out the weird
exception -- bolt ropes, which are pieces of rope sewn into the edges of a
sail. The primary one is the luff rope.

But those just prove the rule. They are not free "ropes," nor are they
"lines." They're....bolt ropes. And many sailors call their anchor rode the
"anchor rope." But just calling it a "rope," without the adjective, can lead
to confusion.

--
Ed Huntress

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thats why sailors only use braided rope.
Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? :-)

IIRC, and from my knowledge, a hawser is any line that is more than 4" in
diameter. A rope is a length of line that has been cut to a specific length
for a specific use. A line is a length of rope that is uncut and on a
spool.

Steve, a very old rigger.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
Pete Keillor fired this volley in
:

What the hell's a real sailor anyway?

A sailor is someone who calls twisted wire thingies "rope", and who calls
twisted fiber thingies "line" or "hawsers"; And ne'er the twain shall
meet.

LLoyd

Such use of terms would indicate a heretic or a landlubber, not a sailor. A
sailor would never use such terms.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete Keillor" wrote

Using any terminology has its place to provide good communications and
avoid confusion. Overuse to prove you're among the chosen generally
leads to miscommunication, more often than not.

Pete Keillor

And if you're a pro, you call it what it is. Just as in machinist
terminology, weldor terminology, etc.

All others are hackers or wannabes.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
news
Ed Huntress wrote:

If you ever sail on a team (I did), you'd better use the right jargon. If
you call a rode a "rope," you're going to get a double-take and maybe hit
something as your crew wonders what you mean.

I'm anti-jargon, in general, but this is one place where it matters if
you're using the right word. Rope is the material from which lines are
made. Lines are *pieces* of rope which are made to be fastened to the
boat at one end or both. There are no "ropes" on a boat, but there may be
rope in the locker.

My vague recollection is that the definitions of "rope" and "line" have
changed over the centuries, but I was too young then to be sure. d8-)

Bless you, Ed.

For a moment I thought they were picking one me (again)

They were. Your leg is fun to pull, Richard. Both of them, in fact.

Well hell, if they are going to do that, pull the middle one too!

Somewhere out there may be a nitpicker, so let's point out the weird
exception -- bolt ropes, which are pieces of rope sewn into the edges of a
sail. The primary one is the luff rope.

But those just prove the rule. They are not free "ropes," nor are they
"lines." They're....bolt ropes. And many sailors call their anchor rode the
"anchor rope." But just calling it a "rope," without the adjective, can lead
to confusion.

You left out the lifts and guys, downhauls, etc ...

Whether lubbers can appreciate it or not, naming the lines by their function
does make sense.

Pulling the wrong line at the wrong time can be more than confusing -
it can cause things to break and people get hurt.

On my simple sloop, with only three sails, there are 20 control lines!

Main: halyard, topping lift, sheet, vang, traveler, and 2 reefing lines
Jib: halyard, furler halyard, down haul, two sheets, and the furling line.
Spinnaker: halyard, down haul, two sheets, and the sock control line.
Jib pole: Topping lift and guy (down haul)

(I had to stop and count them up)

That's just sail control and doesn't include messengers, signal lines,
dock lines, mooring lines, fender tails, anchor rodes, dinghy tow, lead,
towing bridle, cat o'nine tails, and the Saturday night bondage stuff...

And yes, the standing rigging is all stainless steel wire rope.

So no, I don't think it's jargon.

It's simply, "knowing the ropes"...

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 23, 10:32*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
Somewhere out there may be a nitpicker, so let's point out the weird
exception -- bolt ropes, which are pieces of rope sewn into the edges of a
sail. The primary one is the luff rope.
Ed Huntress

Rogue and pedant that am I, man-ropes are hand or foot rails.

Hardware store rope:
http://www.lehighgroup.com/fiber.htm

3/8" braided polyester rope:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_102467-258-0...54_4294937087?
productId=3110257&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__4294856654_4294937087_?
identifier=

The working load is relatively low but enough for a line you pull on.
It's fairly easy on the hands and doesn't twist when loaded.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/23/2010 11:48 PM, Steve B wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.
Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? :-)

IIRC, and from my knowledge, a hawser is any line that is more than 4" in
diameter. A rope is a length of line that has been cut to a specific length
for a specific use. A line is a length of rope that is uncut and on a
spool.

Steve, a very old rigger.

So when you take a length of "line" off a spool, and whip one end and
work a monkey-fist in the other, it becomes a "heaving rope"? Maybe
among whatever crowd you serve, but it certainly doesn't in the Navy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete fired this volley in
:

What the hell's a real sailor anyway?

A sailor is someone who calls twisted wire thingies "rope", and who calls
twisted fiber thingies "line" or "hawsers"; And ne'er the twain shall
meet.

Except when working a wire-to-rope splice.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
On 8/23/2010 11:48 PM, Steve B wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.
Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? :-)

IIRC, and from my knowledge, a hawser is any line that is more than 4" in
diameter. A rope is a length of line that has been cut to a specific
length
for a specific use. A line is a length of rope that is uncut and on a
spool.

Steve, a very old rigger.

So when you take a length of "line" off a spool, and whip one end and work
a monkey-fist in the other, it becomes a "heaving rope"? Maybe among
whatever crowd you serve, but it certainly doesn't in the Navy.

Of course not. That's backwards you silly fart. Oh, did I say that?
Sorry, got it backward. Been a long time since I've been at sea.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:15:38 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
news
Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Out of curiosity, what kind of furler do you have that uses a separate
halyard? Usually the jib head is shackled to the upper furler bearing
and a single halyard is all that's necessary. And how come a downhaul
on a furler jib?

Cheers,

John B.
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" fired this volley in
:

but it certainly doesn't in the Navy.

Yup. I don't really care what civilian racing sailors and riggers call the
stuff; I got lectured about "the straight skinny" in the Navy.

If we called it anything but what I wrote earlier (in the Navy, yes), we
got some bad crap for it.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" fired this volley in
:

xcept when working a wire-to-rope splice.

Yep... cept the racing sailors probably don't know the diff between a fid
and a marlinspike.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
"J. Clarke" fired this volley in
:

xcept when working a wire-to-rope splice.

Yep... cept the racing sailors probably don't know the diff between a fid
and a marlinspike.

LLoyd

Ah, yes we do. But not many of them can make a nice-looking long splice.
d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in news:4c73e344
:

Ah, yes we do. But not many of them can make a nice-looking long splice.
d8-)

Funny thing, that: I haven't been sailing in any capacity in about three
decades, but I still have occasion make splices, eyes, and grommets the
"classic" way -- maybe because that's the best way (still) to do it.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in news:4c73e344
:

Ah, yes we do. But not many of them can make a nice-looking long splice.
d8-)

Funny thing, that: I haven't been sailing in any capacity in about three
decades, but I still have occasion make splices, eyes, and grommets the
"classic" way -- maybe because that's the best way (still) to do it.

LLoyd

Splices, properly done, retain almost all of the strength of the rope. Knots
don't. And splices are a lot saltier-looking.

I've made a lot of eye splices in smaller (up to 5/8") rope, but I had a
heck of a time making them in the 1" mooring lines for my uncle's 42-footer.
My fid really was too small for the job. It took me about a week to make the
whole set -- springlines, etc. I guess it takes a lot of practice to work
the heavier rope.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John B. slocomb wrote:

Out of curiosity, what kind of furler do you have that uses a separate
halyard? Usually the jib head is shackled to the upper furler bearing
and a single halyard is all that's necessary. And how come a downhaul
on a furler jib?

Cheers,

John B.
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

Hi John,

It's a CDI, which has it's own pulley built in at the top of the foil.

See page 2 for the diagram.
http://www.sailcdi.com/sailpdf/FF4&6...ual%207_06.pdf

That leaves both forward halyards (I have two) free for other use.

The port one is the one I use for the spinnaker halyard,
while starboard serves as the pole toping lift.

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
. 3.70...
"J. Clarke" fired this volley in
:

xcept when working a wire-to-rope splice.

Yep... cept the racing sailors probably don't know the diff between a fid
and a marlinspike.

LLoyd

Ah, yes we do. But not many of them can make a nice-looking long splice.
d8-)

NObody does long splices any more, Ed.

Synthetics are way to slippery for that.

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
. 3.70...
"J. Clarke" fired this volley in
:

xcept when working a wire-to-rope splice.
Yep... cept the racing sailors probably don't know the diff between a
fid
and a marlinspike.

LLoyd

Ah, yes we do. But not many of them can make a nice-looking long splice.
d8-)

NObody does long splices any more, Ed.

Synthetics are way to slippery for that.

There are millions of long eye splices in nylon rope in New Jersey boats who
haven't heard that. In fact, I've never seen one give way. For that matter,
I've never seen a short eye splice, properly done, give way.

As for straight long splices, I've done those a couple of times to prove I
could do it, but I'd rather buy a new piece of rope.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
. 3.70...
"J. Clarke" fired this volley in
:

xcept when working a wire-to-rope splice.
Yep... cept the racing sailors probably don't know the diff between a
fid
and a marlinspike.

LLoyd
Ah, yes we do. But not many of them can make a nice-looking long splice.
d8-)

NObody does long splices any more, Ed.

Synthetics are way to slippery for that.

There are millions of long eye splices in nylon rope in New Jersey boats who
haven't heard that. In fact, I've never seen one give way. For that matter,
I've never seen a short eye splice, properly done, give way.

As for straight long splices, I've done those a couple of times to prove I
could do it, but I'd rather buy a new piece of rope.

Uh Huh...
And so would every body else who values his hide or boat...
(except in New Jersey? VBG!)

The long version reduces strength by 10 to 15% if done perfectly
(and 20 to 50% if done sloppy~!)

I have some laid rope - anchor rodes and mooring lines.
The rest are all braid or cored.

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb fired this volley in
m:

And so would every body else who values his hide or boat...
(except in New Jersey? VBG!)

I think I'd be more concerned with using a splice in closely-sized
sheaves and blocks. Most military gear is over-sized, over-strength, and
tough. I _think_ I understand that racing gear is sized to the absolute
minimum weight and size necessary for the job.

Splices will run in over-built equipment just fine, but when the hardware
is scarcely larger than the line, I don't think it'll work too well.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
. 3.70...
[...]

That's what I figured. But all this talk about fids and marlinspikes, and
short versus long splices, let me to believe we were talking about laid
rope.

--
Ed Huntress

Line pulleys 3 Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 9 April 24th 10 12:55 PM
Pulleys Bob La Londe Metalworking 16 January 30th 09 11:25 PM
V Belt pulleys John Rumm UK diy 3 February 20th 08 08:55 PM
die-cast pulleys Grant Erwin Metalworking 17 March 8th 05 03:28 AM
PULLEYS OR SHEAVES? Grant Erwin Metalworking 7 June 25th 04 07:08 PM