Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Compound pulleys....

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
. 3.70...
"J. Clarke" fired this volley in
:

xcept when working a wire-to-rope splice.
Yep... cept the racing sailors probably don't know the diff between a
fid
and a marlinspike.

LLoyd

Ah, yes we do. But not many of them can make a nice-looking long splice.
d8-)

NObody does long splices any more, Ed.

Synthetics are way to slippery for that.

There are millions of long eye splices in nylon rope in New Jersey boats who
haven't heard that. In fact, I've never seen one give way. For that matter,
I've never seen a short eye splice, properly done, give way.

As for straight long splices, I've done those a couple of times to prove I
could do it, but I'd rather buy a new piece of rope.

--
Ed Huntress