Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Compound pulleys....

On Aug 23, 9:56*am, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Aug 22, 10:54 am, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.
Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? *:-)
* * ...lew...

Perhaps they are at West Marine.
Try asking for braided line, sheet or hawser in Home Depot.

jsw

I doubt a REAL sailor would be looking at Home Depot. :-)

Or asking for a solution to EA's problem. I have to be pretty
desperate to pay West Marine's prices, though HD's are creeping up
there.

The last 1/2" x 100' braided nylon rope I bought came from a True
Value store. Two days later it was packed with deep-woods mud and I
was really glad for buying it, and a few of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5341&viewitem=

jsw