Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compound pulleys....

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 07:56:28 -0600, Lewis Hartswick
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Aug 22, 10:54 am, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
Thats why sailors only use braided rope.
Aren't those called "lines" or "hawsers". ???? :-)
...lew...

Perhaps they are at West Marine.
Try asking for braided line, sheet or hawser in Home Depot.

jsw

I doubt a REAL sailor would be looking at Home Depot. :-)
...lew...

Blink blink...several of my sail boats have SS hardware purchased from
Home Despot.

Somethings they sell are ok for marine work..and a hell of a lot cheaper
than at the marine places (least around here)

Rope isnt one of them.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)