Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default On Topic- Lets get rid of Cliff

Hawke wrote:

On 3/3/2010 3:54 PM, Wes wrote:
wrote:

But you post more on politics than you do on metalworking. Guess what?
So do most people and that includes the people bitching right now.

What were your recent metalworking projects?

Wes

I just welded a patch panel on my CJ5. Did you want to hear all about
it? I didn't think so.

Go a head. Ya got two votes now.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

On 3/3/2010 3:54 PM, Wes wrote:
wrote:

But you post more on politics than you do on metalworking. Guess what?
So do most people and that includes the people bitching right now.

What were your recent metalworking projects?

Wes

I just welded a patch panel on my CJ5. Did you want to hear all about
it? I didn't think so.

Do you hammer-weld with O/A, old-style, or do you use MIG?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-03, Robert wrote:
"Jon wrote in message

[ ... ]

I have had "Cliff" killfilled for several years now, and do not see any of
his posts.

How does one go about killfilling in RCM? I am using Outlook Exress in Giganews reader.

It is the same for any usenet newsgroup, and is specific to the
newsreader which you are using. Some offer much more powerful
killfiling capabilities than others.

You want to know how to killfile someone? It's real simple and you don't
have to know anything. It's like the idea people have about safeties on
guns. They say the only safety you need on a gun is the operator. If you
keep your finger off the trigger until the correct time to shoot you'll
never have a problem; so who needs a mechanical safety? On the newsgroup
all you do is use your mouse or your eyes. When you come across a post
that you don't want to read you just pass over it or you just delete it.
Simple, huh? It's a lot better method than trying to eliminate everyone
you don't agree with the way right wingers like to do.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-04, wrote:

I just welded a patch panel on my CJ5. Did you want to hear all about
it? I didn't think so.

I would like to hear about that, personally.

You're kidding, right? I mean, what is there to say about cutting a
piece of sheet metal to the size of your hole and tack welding it in
place? There's nothing to it. But if you really want to know what I did
was remove a secondary gas tank that was under the driver's seat in my
CJ5. I felt that a Jeep is dangerous enough that I don't need five
gallons of fuel right under my ass that would go off like a bomb in an
accident. But this left a good sized hole in the body on the drivers
side near the door. Not much report about repairing it though. Getting
the paint to match is going to be a lot more difficult.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

On 3/3/2010 3:54 PM, Wes wrote:
wrote:

But you post more on politics than you do on metalworking. Guess what?
So do most people and that includes the people bitching right now.

What were your recent metalworking projects?

Wes

I just welded a patch panel on my CJ5. Did you want to hear all about
it? I didn't think so.

Do you hammer-weld with O/A, old-style, or do you use MIG?

Mig, of course. But that's my point. Using MY MIG welder (Miller 210) to
put a patch in the body of a jeep is so boring and simple that I
wouldn't even bother mentioning it. When I have a project that really
takes some skill that would be different. When I was taking a welding
class at the local community college the instructor said that a chimp
could MIG weld. His one caveat was that you had to set up the machine
for him. I believe him.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , Hawke
wrote:

You need to give some thought to how much you would actually have to say
if you kept to strictly metalworking topics. Most people here do
projects as a hobby, which means they are not doing new things every day
and they have long periods when they do little or nothing metal related.
If they stuck strictly to metalwork they would make a couple of posts
and then go away because they wouldn't have anything else to comment on.
If you make all the posts strictly about metalworking do you know how
small this newsgroup would be, and do you know how little you would
contribute?

While it's true that many people here post about metalworking *and* on
non-related topics, there are two regulars here who _almost never_ post
anything related to metalworking, whose posts are almost always left-wing
political rants of one sort or another -- and whose posts the group would
IMHO
be better off without.

One of those regulars is the subject of this thread.

The other one is you.

Not to mention the spillover into other groups, their posted **** attracts
the flies, so to speak, like me. I couldn't care less about metalworking and
would have never even known that this group exists if it wasn't for
cross-posting spammers like Cliff, Hack and TMT, whose main focus appear to
be gay fisting, political ignorance, and gun grabbing, respectfully in that
order.

Before these 3 amigos started cross-spamming into my groups,
rec.metalworking was an insignificant and irrelevant newsgroup to all issues
pertaining to me. Let's restore rec.metalworking to it's rightful place.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Make that double kidos, Doug.

Bob Swinney

wrote:

[...]

Kudos, Doug.

Triple kudos.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Off Topic- Lets get rid of -tards

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
If everyone stuck to metalworking, only, the group would improve
immensely, since the people who presently leave in disgust when they
come here to discuss metalworking would not have reason to leave, and
jackasses who never or rarely post about metalworking (roughly two
leftards, fifteen or so rightards, plus one or two "how do they even
connect to the web"-tards that are more clueless than political) would
probably dry up and blow away; or at least limit their output to
metalworking when their political crap gets no response whatever, from
anyone.

In short, if you simply post about metalworking, that's a good thing. If
you want to post about politics, there are groups for that, go there,
post there, argue there - don't do it here, nobody here will miss your
keen political insight, whichever direction you lean, wingnut, or rant.

This will never happen, since all the -tards are -tards and can't manage
to stop being -tards. But it would be really nice. We should try it.

Since this isn't metalworking, I'm going to stop posting in this thread.
Everyone else should give it a try, too.

Yep, now if only you metalworking-tards could only figure out how to find
the proper political newsgroup to post to, Usenet could go back to being and
efficient place for exchange of ideas in the properly categorized areas. It
seems that it's the stupid political ****s who abuse this, it's often said
that when you are too stupid to learn anything else in life, take up
political science.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Click "message" at the top. Slide down. Click
"block sender".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Robert Swinney" wrote in
message
How does one go about killfilling in RCM? I am
using Outlook Exress in Giganews reader.

Bob Swinney

Oh great. The top-poster who still hasn't figured out how to quote properly
is giving his 2 cents worth.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-06, Burled Frau wrote:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish in this newsgroup?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus27796" wrote in message
I killfile everything crossposted to survivalism, Cliff and a few more
left wing and right wing kooks. My criteria is that the person whom I
killfiling has nothing to contribute. It works out fairly well.

I cannot killfile crossposts to alt.machines.cnc, for obvious
reasons.

Instead of killfiling posts crossposted to survivalism, please just trim
survivalism out of your reply. This would help immensely by stopping the
spam in survivalism. We really don't appreciate your spamming community that
spawned the likes of Cliff and Hack, and the freak with two mommies.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

But you post more on politics than you do on metalworking. Guess what?
So do most people and that includes the people bitching right now.

What were your recent metalworking projects?

Wes

I recall Hack posting about a Titanium dildo he was working on that he was
looking forward to shoving up his ass.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-04, wrote:

I just welded a patch panel on my CJ5. Did you want to hear all about
it? I didn't think so.

I would like to hear about that, personally.

You're kidding, right? I mean, what is there to say about cutting a piece
of sheet metal to the size of your hole and tack welding it in place?
There's nothing to it. But if you really want to know what I did was
remove a secondary gas tank that was under the driver's seat in my CJ5. I
felt that a Jeep is dangerous enough that I don't need five gallons of
fuel right under my ass that would go off like a bomb in an accident. But
this left a good sized hole in the body on the drivers side near the door.
Not much report about repairing it though. Getting the paint to match is
going to be a lot more difficult.

Hawke

Try to stay on-topic bozo. When he said he wanted to hear about it, he meant
for you to start your own thread. Didmn't you learn how to use a newsreader
in your poli-hack school?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Mar 3, 6:58 am, Dave__67 wrote:
I'm serious, if this was a meatspace community, the Cliffs would be
ejected by the community.

Let's come up with some real-world sanctions/repercussions, get rid of
him, and then go after the next a-hole who takes his place.

Lets go after this ****er- it's time to draw a line, and when someone
crosses that line, get rid of 'em. Make coming here sufficiently
painful he stops coming.

First step- his real-world contact info. Someone's gotta have it.

Dave

Are you going to take out Gunner too?

TMT

No. Gunner has added more useful metal information to the group then the
three of you cross-posting spammer combined.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-06, Burled Frau wrote:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish in this newsgroup?

Raise awareness and stop the cross-posting from your group into ours. It's
not as if we just showed up here, we were properly invited, dragging and
screaming. If you don't do something to keep your spawn on a short leash, we
may even get used to this place. Just keep your political hack discussions
here in r.c.m where they belong, and trim out our group when you crosspost.
Thanks for asking and for your consideration.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 3, 10:36*pm, Hawke wrote:
On 3/3/2010 9:15 AM, Steve B wrote:

"Robert *wrote in message
How does one go about killfilling in RCM? *I am using Outlook Exress in
Giganews reader.

On my OE, I have the message line highlighted. *Go up to MESSAGE, select the
BLOCK SENDER from drop down menu. *Select YES when it asks if you want to
filter that person. *POOF, GONE. *But they will probably morph in a short
time, so you will have to do it again.

I go through, and if someone is questionable, I look to see how many posts
they make on actual metalwork. *If they don't make any or many, they go.
But some guys here know a lot about metalworking, and like to get into the
political mud wrestling, too. *So it's a judgment call. *When someone posts
something so stupid or offensive or profane that I know what kind of a
person they are, I have a one strike rule, thinking that it's likely that
they will never say anything meaningful, and if they ever do, I won't miss
much.

HTH

Steve

You need to give some thought to how much you would actually have to say
if you kept to strictly metalworking topics. Most people here do
projects as a hobby, which means they are not doing new things every day
and they have long periods when they do little or nothing metal related.
If they stuck strictly to metalwork they would make a couple of posts
and then go away because they wouldn't have anything else to comment on.
If you make all the posts strictly about metalworking do you know how
small this newsgroup would be, and do you know how little you would
contribute? I bet the majority of your posts have no metalworking
content. The truth of the matter is there is not enough metal content to
keep everyone interested so the topics go a lot more to current events.
I think it adds to the group. A lot of metalworking subjects people post
about have no interest except for a few people. You restrict the group
to just metalworking and you wind up with a very tiny group. Some people
would be happy with that but from the way it is now most would not like
that.

Hawke

But this group is suppose to be just metalworking. And way back in
the past posts on metalworking were the majority of what was posted.
And if it were that way again, it would not be a tiny group. Many
people no longer read or post here because there are so much off topic
posts. I can think of three that posted on metalworking that no
longer read the group. People that posted things I liked to read.

I think we ought to ask Cliff to leave RCM off the groups when he
starts a thread on anything that is not on topic. Since he is the
most prolific poster that would be a good start. Then look at the rcm
statistics and find who is then the most prolific poster. And if it
is someone that posts only OT items, ask them to please not include
RCM in the groups their messages are posted to.

Dan

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert wrote in message
[...]

And leave survivalism off their off topic posts as well.

Perhaps someone would be willing to point out some of the Political
newsgroups for Hack, and then maybe he could test his theories there, by
spamming those groups with metalworking topics.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-06, Burled Frau wrote:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish in this newsgroup?

Raise awareness and stop the cross-posting from your group into ours. It's
not as if we just showed up here, we were properly invited, dragging and
screaming. If you don't do something to keep your spawn on a short leash, we
may even get used to this place. Just keep your political hack discussions
here in r.c.m where they belong, and trim out our group when you crosspost.
Thanks for asking and for your consideration.

Which group might that be? One notices no other groups in the response
list.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert wrote in message
[...]

Or, do what I do, and filter him, and never answer him. Too bad people
can't grasp that easy concept. He'd be gone in a flash. But then, there
are the clones he has created. Oh, well, same with them.

Some here only write on metalworking. Some write on metalworking and mix in
other subjects. Others write about no metalworking.

I think this group has become a playground for people who morph daily and go
in and bang around a newsgroup, then bounce to another. Never adding
anything of substance about whatever the newsgroup is about, yet adding all
manner of ways to save the world, and what a villain Bush and Cheney was,
and what an inside job 911 was, and all that crap.

If that's what winds your clock, then go for it. But it has to be an empty
life. It's like giving a drunk $50, and telling him to get a good meal.
Wasted energy to talk with some of these types here.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-04, wrote:

[...]

I don't know what the hell you're doing here in the first place. You're
nothing but a survival group nut who dropped in here and now you won't
leave. You bitch about this group and the discussions and then you post
off topic and whine about everybody else. Why don't you take your own
advice and go back where you came from because you never will post on
metal content? You said that yourself. You just dropped in to complain?
Like that's a great contribution. Go back and discuss your well stocked
hole in the ground with the other crazies who think the world will end
before you do. In case you didn't notice it you're in the wrong place,
you dropout.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/6/2010 8:50 AM, Burled Frau wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

But you post more on politics than you do on metalworking. Guess what?
So do most people and that includes the people bitching right now.

What were your recent metalworking projects?

Wes

I recall Hack posting about a Titanium dildo he was working on that he
was looking forward to shoving up his ass.

That's exactly the kind of idiot posting that the complainers are
bitching about. Crawl back under your rock.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-04, wrote:

[...]

Why don't you and your goons quit crossposting your political insecurities
to the survival groups and I might leave? But since you invited me here, I
think I'll stay a while.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

But you post more on politics than you do on metalworking. Guess what?
So do most people and that includes the people bitching right now.

What were your recent metalworking projects?

Wes

I recall Hack posting about a Titanium dildo he was working on that he
was looking forward to shoving up his ass.

That's exactly the kind of idiot posting that the complainers are bitching
about. Crawl back under your rock.

Hawke

You should work harder on finishing your dildo, you seem pretty cranky
without it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 7, 3:50*am, "Steve B" wrote:

Or, do what I do, and filter him, and never answer him. *Too bad people
can't grasp that easy concept. *He'd be gone in a flash. *But then, there
are the clones he has created. *Oh, well, same with them.

Steve

Your approach will not bring back people as Jim Rozen, Bob Powell,
Pete Albrecht.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 3, 7:58*am, Dave__67 wrote:
I'm serious, if this was a meatspace community, the Cliffs would be
ejected by the community.

Let's come up with some real-world sanctions/repercussions, get rid of
him, and then go after the next a-hole who takes his place.

Lets go after this ****er- it's time to draw a line, and when someone
crosses that line, get rid of 'em. Make coming here sufficiently
painful he stops coming.

First step- his real-world contact info. Someone's gotta have it.

Dave

If Gunner would stick to metalworking and leave off the incendiary
quotes at the end of EVERY posting...

Have you noticed how the signal to noise ratio took a dive when he
came back from rehab (or wherever the hell he was)?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Mar 7, 3:50 am, "Steve B" wrote:

Or, do what I do, and filter him, and never answer him. Too bad people
can't grasp that easy concept. He'd be gone in a flash. But then, there
are the clones he has created. Oh, well, same with them.

Steve

Your approach will not bring back people as Jim Rozen, Bob Powell,
Pete Albrecht.

Dan

You're right, but maybe if they saw the SN ratio drop. Then there are
others out there who might start. This used to be, and FWIW is STILL a damn
fine group, of people, as well, and is a treasure trove of knowledge.

It's up to everyone to make an effort to cut the crap. I am trying, but
still chime in on subjects. As is nice. At work, you talk about "stuff",
too. But a guy who's so obsessed about "stuff" that he doesn't get a lick
of work done is soon gone.

It should be that way, too.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Mar 7, 3:50 am, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

For what it's worth, I think you are a fine group of people too, and wish I
had some metalworking interest too, I really enjoy learning from the
on-topic posts I read here. I actually feel bad when I have to "return to
sender" the spam that emanates from this otherwise fine group of people.

I realize the political ****s are too stupid to figure out how to find the
right newsgroup to post in. You could see that in the way they don't even
know how to quote properly or form sentences (Hack is a perfect example).
But we have enough libtards to deal with already over at misc.survivalism,
we don't need any of yours giving the place any atmosphere. Trimming our
group out of your spam lists would help immensely. I hope we could be good
online neighbors in that respect.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 7, 12:39*pm, "Burled Frau" wrote:

For what it's worth, I think you are a fine group of people too, and wish I
had some metalworking interest too, I really enjoy learning from the
on-topic posts I read here. I actually feel bad when I have to "return to
sender" the spam that emanates from this otherwise fine group of people.

I realize the political ****s are too stupid to figure out how to find the
right newsgroup to post in.

You're kidding, right? Have you looked in a mirror lately? Have you
EVER made an on topic post to rcm?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I recall Hack posting about a Titanium dildo he was working on that he
was looking forward to shoving up his ass.

That's exactly the kind of idiot posting that the complainers are
bitching about. Crawl back under your rock.

Hawke

You should work harder on finishing your dildo, you seem pretty cranky
without it.

In this case I'm going to defer to you since you seem to be an expert on
them. Unlike you I don't know jack about dildos. It seems to be a
favorite subject of yours. You should be in another newsgroup where they
discuss things like that. Find one.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Danniken" wrote:

I have had "Cliff" killfilled for several years now, and do not see any of
his posts.

Unfortunately, there are a sufficient number of bozos who incessantly reply
to him. I killfill the majority of them as well, but as with the problem in
making an idiotproof design, new idiots keep popping up.

I had to kill file him years ago. I have strong political beliefs and he tends to post
salaciaus topics and seldom contributes anything, at least up to the time I kill filed
him. Same for TMT though I think TMT could be a contributing member of this group if he
would tone it down. There is someone on some of the web boards using his handle that has
the same writing style but stays inside the lines well enough to not get kicked.

I don't have a problem with discussing things that are OT with people that are actually
interested in metalworking. I can give you the run down on how I turned a 2 1/2# bar bell
weight into a hand wheel for a collet closer today but I don't think most people really
care that much. We all have dry spells in our metalworking at times but still like to
chat with those we have come to like after years of posting.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

I recall Hack posting about a Titanium dildo he was working on that he
was looking forward to shoving up his ass.

That's exactly the kind of idiot posting that the complainers are
bitching about. Crawl back under your rock.

Hawke

You should work harder on finishing your dildo, you seem pretty cranky
without it.

In this case I'm going to defer to you since you seem to be an expert on
them. Unlike you I don't know jack about dildos. It seems to be a favorite
subject of yours. You should be in another newsgroup where they discuss
things like that. Find one.

Hawke

So let me get this straight, you claim not to be an expert, but somehow you
knew Titanium would fit your needs. OK fruitcake.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/7/2010 7:21 PM, Burled Frau wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

I recall Hack posting about a Titanium dildo he was working on that he
was looking forward to shoving up his ass.

That's exactly the kind of idiot posting that the complainers are
bitching about. Crawl back under your rock.

Hawke

You should work harder on finishing your dildo, you seem pretty cranky
without it.

In this case I'm going to defer to you since you seem to be an expert
on them. Unlike you I don't know jack about dildos. It seems to be a
favorite subject of yours. You should be in another newsgroup where
they discuss things like that. Find one.

Hawke

So let me get this straight, you claim not to be an expert, but somehow
you knew Titanium would fit your needs. OK fruitcake.

You're the man when it comes to dildos. Doesn't matter what they are
made out of you have a solid hold on them. But like I said, your
preoccupation with dildos should be done somewhere else with other
people with the same kind of interests in dildos you have.

Hawke

Who has done more damage to R.C.M, Cliff or TMT? Wes[_2_] Metalworking 45 January 26th 09 01:22 PM
Cliff and Kadaitcha Man Christopher Tidy Metalworking 1 October 6th 05 04:08 AM
OT - Bye Cliff Cliff Metalworking 28 August 22nd 05 07:21 PM
OT - Ping Cliff Cliff Metalworking 2 February 28th 05 07:06 AM