Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default On Topic- Lets get rid of Cliff

On 2010-03-04, wrote:

I just welded a patch panel on my CJ5. Did you want to hear all about
it? I didn't think so.

I would like to hear about that, personally.

You're kidding, right? I mean, what is there to say about cutting a
piece of sheet metal to the size of your hole and tack welding it in
place? There's nothing to it. But if you really want to know what I did
was remove a secondary gas tank that was under the driver's seat in my
CJ5. I felt that a Jeep is dangerous enough that I don't need five
gallons of fuel right under my ass that would go off like a bomb in an
accident. But this left a good sized hole in the body on the drivers
side near the door. Not much report about repairing it though. Getting
the paint to match is going to be a lot more difficult.

Hawke