Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cordless Phone batteries are all junk?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
... My various Panasonic cordless phones seem to last
about 8-10 years. I'm on the original batteries for all of them.

Me too. I've had the Panasonic on my desk for 5 -6 years & it came from
the dump, so who knows how many years before I got it. Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote in
:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
... My various Panasonic cordless phones seem to last
about 8-10 years. I'm on the original batteries for all of them.

Me too. I've had the Panasonic on my desk for 5 -6 years & it came

from
the dump, so who knows how many years before I got it. Bob

I'll throw in another vote for Panasonic. We've had a couple flavors
over the years. I started with 900 MHz phones, but they interfered with
the wireless speaker system I've got & we needed an answering machine
with more phones for the new house. We now have both running, with the
900's relegated to the shop where they don't get used much. The
batteries hold up very well, and I found out the hard way that
aftermarket replacements are junk. As expensive as they are, I'll stick
with OEM batterieies for the phones.

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
... My various Panasonic cordless phones seem to last
about 8-10 years. I'm on the original batteries for all of them.

Me too. I've had the Panasonic on my desk for 5 -6 years & it came from
the dump, so who knows how many years before I got it. Bob

My Panasonic phone has to be 10 years old. I've changed the battery once.

It doesn't live in the cradle though so when I return it to charge, it is generally fairly
depleted. I wonder if a phone that spends most of its life in the charge cradle has
shorter battery life?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes writes:

My Panasonic phone has to be 10 years old. I've changed the battery once.

It doesn't live in the cradle though so when I return it to charge, it is generally fairly
depleted. I wonder if a phone that spends most of its life in the charge cradle has
shorter battery life?

Bingo. Most phone cook their batteries.

--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Lesher wrote:

Bingo. Most phone cook their batteries.

I don't charge my Braun cordless toothbrush either until it slows down. Between the
first and the second one, I must have 15 years.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
David Lesher wrote:

Bingo. Most phone cook their batteries.

I don't charge my Braun cordless toothbrush either until it slows down. Between the
first and the second one, I must have 15 years.

My Sonicare lives in the charger.
I don't recall how old it is, but the plastic has aged from white to
yellow to brown. Of course the batteries are non-replaceable, so maybe
they used the best technology up front.