Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Buy new Batteries or a new Cordless phone?

I have a 3 pc set of Uniden cordless phones (dct7085-3 2.4Ghz). I
has worked great for 2 years, then batteries were dying. So I got
some new ones on ebay, but they were cheap, so they only lasted about
2 months. Here in Canada I can buy a good quality brand for $25
each. I maybe would by two of them, but how do I know it's not a
problem with the phone, that is killing the battery quickly? Does it
make more sense to buy a new set for $100 or replace the batteries?

thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Get the new phone. At least you'll be getting a new warranty.

When my old cordless phone died (after 10+ year), I bought a refurbished
Uniden system, which did not please me. I took it back and go a GE DECT 6.0
2-8871 system. Not only is everything well-laid out and generally easy to
use, but the base station works even when the AC goes off. That is, the
basic phone operation is available, powered by the phone line when AC isn't
available. That's nice.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

That is the first place I called is walmart, but they did not have my
battery bt-909

Don't you have a Walmart up there? About $12.00 for new ones.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:42:29 -0800 (PST), lbbss
wrote:

That is the first place I called is walmart, but they did not have my
battery bt-909

Don't you have a Walmart up there? About $12.00 for new ones.

Do you have a Radio Shack store? They stock a lot of cordless phone
batteries.

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

lbbss wrote:
That is the first place I called is walmart, but they did not have my
battery bt-909

Don't you have a Walmart up there? About $12.00 for new ones.

With a search engine you can find many sources:

http://www.batterycanada.com/bp-909.asp
http://www.batterymart.com/c-uniden-BT-909.html
http://www.batterydepot.com/battery/...FQhJagodaAMq-w

At first glance it looks like you could also build one out of AAA cells
and the proper shrink tubing. Personally I do not think NiMH is a great
chemistry for cordless phone use. AFAIK they don't like trickle
charging. Maybe that's why they don't last. Ours are NiCd.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

About five years ago I bought an AT&T cordless phone at a Wal Mart
store.The phone cost about $16.00.When the battery ran down, I checked
the price of a new battery, $10.00.I bought a new corded phone for about
$8.47.I don't need a cordless phone anyway.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You don't know if the batteries you bought are of expired inventory,
or were used, or of poor quality. Battey labels are easy to change.

There is another factor to consider, and that is that the charger
system in the phone is working properly. To me it sounds that the
batteries you are buying are the problem.

When I was servicing these types of devices I used to see defective
low grade parts where customers thought they were beating the prices.
There are no reliable cheap deals.

Jerry G.