Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Buy new Batteries or a new Cordless phone?

You don't know if the batteries you bought are of expired inventory,
or were used, or of poor quality. Battey labels are easy to change.

There is another factor to consider, and that is that the charger
system in the phone is working properly. To me it sounds that the
batteries you are buying are the problem.

When I was servicing these types of devices I used to see defective
low grade parts where customers thought they were beating the prices.
There are no reliable cheap deals.

Jerry G.

--

lbbss wrote:
I have a 3 pc set of Uniden cordless phones (dct7085-3 2.4Ghz). I
has worked great for 2 years, then batteries were dying. So I got
some new ones on ebay, but they were cheap, so they only lasted about
2 months. Here in Canada I can buy a good quality brand for $25
each. I maybe would by two of them, but how do I know it's not a
problem with the phone, that is killing the battery quickly? Does it
make more sense to buy a new set for $100 or replace the batteries?

thanks.