John

Default Replacing DECT cordless phone batteries?

My Philips Kala cordless phone batteries need replacing. It is fitted
with 2 x AA 1.2v 600 mAh NiCd batteries and the handbook says only AA
600 mAh rechargeable batteries should be used as replacements. I have
some AA 2000mAh Ni-Mh batteries and was wondering if it would be ok to
use them in this phone?

The technical specifications say:
Power Supply
Handset : 2 x AA/LR6 1.2 V 600 mAh NiCd
Base : 8V DC / 250 mA Output 1
6.5V AC/ 95 mA Output 2

Peter Parry

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:57:34 +0100, "John"
wrote:

My Philips Kala cordless phone batteries need replacing. It is fitted
with 2 x AA 1.2v 600 mAh NiCd batteries and the handbook says only AA
600 mAh rechargeable batteries should be used as replacements. I have
some AA 2000mAh Ni-Mh batteries and was wondering if it would be ok to
use them in this phone?

It is perfectly OK, the charging circuitry is quite crude and
although the battery life might be slightly reduced it is unlikely to
be noticed.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Harry Bloomfield

on 28/10/2005, John supposed :
My Philips Kala cordless phone batteries need replacing. It is fitted with 2
x AA 1.2v 600 mAh NiCd batteries and the handbook says only AA 600 mAh
rechargeable batteries should be used as replacements. I have some AA
2000mAh Ni-Mh batteries and was wondering if it would be ok to use them in
this phone?

They should be fine.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Mark

John wrote:

My Philips Kala cordless phone batteries need replacing. It is fitted
with 2 x AA 1.2v 600 mAh NiCd batteries and the handbook says only AA
600 mAh rechargeable batteries should be used as replacements. I have
some AA 2000mAh Ni-Mh batteries and was wondering if it would be ok to
use them in this phone?

I tried this with a BT Diverse phone (Siemens) which had the same dire
warning.

The batteries never stopped charging. I took them out when the phone got
almost too hot to hold.

I guess, if the batteries are just lying around then it's probably worth
a go.

John

wrote:

My Philips Kala cordless phone batteries need replacing. It is fitted
with 2 x AA 1.2v 600 mAh NiCd batteries and the handbook says only AA
600 mAh rechargeable batteries should be used as replacements. I have
some AA 2000mAh Ni-Mh batteries and was wondering if it would be ok to
use them in this phone?

It is perfectly OK, the charging circuitry is quite crude and
although the battery life might be slightly reduced it is unlikely to
be noticed.

Thanks for that, will give it a try.