Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I-5 and a milling machine.

Driving North on I-5 Monday near Gunners region, passed a green chevy P/U
with a nice older milling machine on a trailer. Looked like a 1950's
version. What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:29:00 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

Driving North on I-5 Monday near Gunners region, passed a green chevy P/U
with a nice older milling machine on a trailer. Looked like a 1950's
version. What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.

Youd didnt call or stop by? Why not?

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 25, 2:29*am, "Bill McKee" wrote:
Driving North on I-5 Monday near Gunners region, passed a green chevy P/U
with a nice older milling machine on a trailer. Looked like a 1950's
version. What was striking was the cream colored paint job. *Nice paint job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. *LOL.

The living room was too full so they put it in the kitchen?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 25, 2:29 am, "Bill McKee" wrote:
Driving North on I-5 Monday near Gunners region, passed a green chevy P/U
with a nice older milling machine on a trailer. Looked like a 1950's
version. What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.

The living room was too full so they put it in the kitchen?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

--Winston

--

On YouTube, all the tools have volume controls.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 25, 9:11*am, Winston wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 25, 2:29 am, "Bill McKee" wrote:
...What was striking was the cream colored paint job. *Nice paint job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. *LOL.

The living room was too full so they put it in the kitchen?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
--Winston

Then you can wash the cutting oil off in the dishpan and dry the part
on the stove while popping another cold one. My dishpan still has
stains from washing the differential cover from my truck.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 25, 2:29 am, "Bill McKee" wrote:
...What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.
The living room was too full so they put it in the kitchen?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
--Winston

Then you can wash the cutting oil off in the dishpan and dry the part
on the stove while popping another cold one. My dishpan still has
stains from washing the differential cover from my truck.

People underestimate the power of home appliances, generally.
I find the dishwasher very helpful.
It cleaned up a couple fan grilles like new.
Got in all the crevices and made them very clean and shiny.

--Winston

--

On YouTube, all the tools have volume controls.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Nov 25, 2:29 am, "Bill McKee" wrote:
Driving North on I-5 Monday near Gunners region, passed a green chevy P/U
with a nice older milling machine on a trailer. Looked like a 1950's
version. What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint
job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.

The living room was too full so they put it in the kitchen?

Growing up we had an air hockey table in the kitchen... That was were we set
our computer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 25, 10:15*am, Winston wrote:
I find the dishwasher very helpful.
It cleaned up a couple fan grilles like new.
Got in all the crevices and made them very clean and shiny.

--Winston

A Water Pik does a nice job on that too. I don't have a pressure
washer, and wouldn't blast carb parts with it if I did.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 25, 10:52*am, "Bob La Londe" wrote:

Growing up we had an air hockey table in the kitchen... That was were we set
our computer.

That's a clever variation on a mouse pad.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 25, 2:29 am, "Bill McKee" wrote:
...What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.
The living room was too full so they put it in the kitchen?
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
--Winston

Then you can wash the cutting oil off in the dishpan and dry the part
on the stove while popping another cold one. My dishpan still has
stains from washing the differential cover from my truck.

People underestimate the power of home appliances, generally.
I find the dishwasher very helpful.
It cleaned up a couple fan grilles like new.
Got in all the crevices and made them very clean and shiny.

Many a retired dishwasher has wound up in the shop

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Driving North on I-5 Monday near Gunners region, passed a green chevy P/U
with a nice older milling machine on a trailer. Looked like a 1950's
version. What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint
job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.

Youd didnt call or stop by? Why not?

Gunner

Wanted to get home before midnight. Wife and I had been at daughters in
Santa Monica for a week helping out, and installing new 6 panel doors in her
condo. F'n job. Not a straight door frame in the place.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've heard tell of having a second washing machine for cloth
diapers. One friend of mine bought a dish washer for auto
parts. But I'm not sure he's ever used it for such.

Oven cleaner makes excellent grease cutter. Also good for
cleaning dissembled carburetors.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Winston"
wrote in message ...

Then you can wash the cutting oil off in the dishpan and
dry the part
on the stove while popping another cold one. My dishpan
still has
stains from washing the differential cover from my truck.

People underestimate the power of home appliances,
generally.
I find the dishwasher very helpful.
It cleaned up a couple fan grilles like new.
Got in all the crevices and made them very clean and shiny.

--Winston

--

On YouTube, all the tools have volume controls.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Oven cleaner makes excellent grease cutter. Also good for
cleaning dissembled carburetors.

Oven cleaner is sodium hydroxide, aka lye & caustic soda. Do not use on
aluminum or pot metal(?). Some sissified cleaners may not be lye based,
but be sure to check.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:24:39 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Driving North on I-5 Monday near Gunners region, passed a green chevy P/U
with a nice older milling machine on a trailer. Looked like a 1950's
version. What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint
job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.

Youd didnt call or stop by? Why not?

Gunner

Wanted to get home before midnight. Wife and I had been at daughters in
Santa Monica for a week helping out, and installing new 6 panel doors in her
condo. F'n job. Not a straight door frame in the place.

Ouch!!

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The caution about aluminum or pot metal (typically zinc) is
good. I wonder if a VERY brief application might get the
crud but not damage the metal. Minute, or less. The time I
found oven cleaner useful was on Tecumseh carburetor. And
that was a very brief use.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in
message ...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Oven cleaner makes excellent grease cutter. Also good for
cleaning dissembled carburetors.

Oven cleaner is sodium hydroxide, aka lye & caustic soda.
Do not use on
aluminum or pot metal(?). Some sissified cleaners may not
be lye based,
but be sure to check.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

The caution about aluminum or pot metal (typically zinc) is
good. I wonder if a VERY brief application might get the
crud but not damage the metal. Minute, or less. The time I
found oven cleaner useful was on Tecumseh carburetor. And
that was a very brief use.

Use a methylene-chloride based paint stripper instead. It will cut the
crud without dissolving aluminum.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:15:53 -0800, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 25, 2:29 am, "Bill McKee" wrote:
...What was striking was the cream colored paint job. Nice paint job,
but the wife says it makes it look like an old appliance. LOL.
The living room was too full so they put it in the kitchen?
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
--Winston

Then you can wash the cutting oil off in the dishpan and dry the part
on the stove while popping another cold one. My dishpan still has
stains from washing the differential cover from my truck.

People underestimate the power of home appliances, generally.
I find the dishwasher very helpful.
It cleaned up a couple fan grilles like new.
Got in all the crevices and made them very clean and shiny.

Just remember to spray the bleach water in the dishwasher after you
play. It takes all the grease stains away.

--
Q: How many climate scientists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. There's a consensus that it's going to change, so they've
decided to keep us in the dark.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:15:53 -0800, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

(...)

People underestimate the power of home appliances, generally.
I find the dishwasher very helpful.
It cleaned up a couple fan grilles like new.
Got in all the crevices and made them very clean and shiny.

Just remember to spray the bleach water in the dishwasher after you
play. It takes all the grease stains away.

I haven't had the testicular volume necessary to put a really
*greasy* part in (yet). Ironically the things I've cleaned have
had less foreign matter on them than, say a plate that had been used
for eggs Benedict. As a result, the inside of the dishwasher remains
very clean. It'd be cool to put a second dishwasher in to the back
yard to clean little engine blocks, etc.

--Winston

milling machine gilles Woodworking 6 February 17th 07 07:16 PM
milling machine gilles Woodworking 11 January 24th 07 12:23 PM
cnc milling machine gilles Woodworking 8 December 20th 06 04:36 AM
Help on CNC Milling Machine Cliff Metalworking 0 December 29th 05 01:44 PM
F.S. Milling machine Dan Buckman Metalworking 1 March 10th 04 10:27 PM