Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Someone got a good deal on this 25 HP compressor

On 2009-10-20, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:43:32 -0500, Ignoramus21294
wrote:

Someone got it for $200, outbidding me by $50.

25 hp ingersoll rand compressor.

http://69.20.5.106/2/D/lots/00000011...__.htm?LOCALE=...

I was not too eager to bid due to size and hassle involved.
Unfortunately my trailer is occupied by a milling machine in need of
adjustments.

A $1500 used compressor.

And yet the economy is great...right?

The economy is not great, but it is not terrible, either.

This was a very, very ****ed up auction, a lot of things were sold for
nothing. A very bad way to organize a sale.

That Dayton MIG welder, I won for $100, for example.

Tell the folks around here how great it is.
There have been at least 15 farms selling out and NONE of them wanted to
sell out.

Auction prices have been just about 1/2 of what things are worth.
How about $15,000.00 tractors in great shape for $7,000.00 or a NEW
disc-bine for less than $3,000.00.
We even have Amish folks selling out and moving out of the area.

How about this little item. Wal~Mart usually hires a lot of temporary
help for the warehouses and stores this time of year. They are not only
NOT hiring they are laying people off because nobody has money to spend.

They are stopping construction on 63 stores and two warehouses for next
year. Plus they are planning on shutting down a few stores as well.

--
Steve W.

You apparently have a different local ag economy than the Midwest
location I am at. Land prices are at record highs(even despite
markets crashing). Used equipment is still very high compared to a
few years ago. Some used equipment is appreciating in value, not
depreciating. It's very nuts.

JW

In California..they just put an ADDITONAL 650 critters on the protected
species list. Farmers here are shutting down. California used to be the
nations breadbasket..now its becoming its vast desert. They shut off
the water

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/...o_protect.html

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that "Pete C." on or about
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:39:41 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:10:56 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Its all window dressing..painting the face of a corpse.

Well, here those shopping centers are filling up with tenants rapidly,
one huge new development is probably 90%+ occupied. The only store that
closed is Circuit City. New office condos are being build and filled,
new apartments still being built and filled, new houses, etc. The last
week I had my boss and a couple coworkers in town for a project, so we
were eating out a lot for lunch and dinner, and pretty much every place
we went was pretty well packed. It certainly doesn't appear to be window
dressing here...

IVe heard a lot about Texas..and its actually doing ok. A ****load of
people have left California and moved there..along with company owners
and their companies.

Not to mention Doctors. Texas put a cap on "pain and suffering"
awards, and the doctors are moving.

Yes, several big new medical centers just built or under construction to
open soon around here.

Same with Georgia etc etc.. The Southeast with its minimal tax rates
etc etc has become the new Mexico as far as growing American industry
goes.

If only I could stand the humidity ...

The humidity is fine in the DFW area, nothing like hotlanta. Good
weather, good economy, low cost of living, no state income tax, etc.

And no mountains. I've gotten used to those the last thirty
years. I just realized that it has been at least that long since I
last lived some place where it froze in the winter. Not just got
below freezing at night some times, but the "high today is expect to
be near freezing, but then it will go back down later in the week."
kind of cold.
But maybe it is time to consider relocating.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

Not in the immediate area, but within a reasonable drive west on 70-80
mph highway toward Big Bend, etc. if you want for a weekend trip.

I've gotten used to those the last thirty
years. I just realized that it has been at least that long since I
last lived some place where it froze in the winter. Not just got
below freezing at night some times, but the "high today is expect to
be near freezing, but then it will go back down later in the week."
kind of cold.

I bailed out of the frozen northeast. While it's not as hilly here north
of Dallas, there are plenty of trees and wooded areas which is fine for
me. I have no plans to go back to the northeast.

But maybe it is time to consider relocating.

The best time would have been before the housing bubble burst in the
places worth leaving now. It's still a decent time to consider
relocating if you were to loose a job in one of those problem states
since you'd have a better time finding a new job here and the lower cost
of living would make your savings and severance last longer as well.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that "Pete C." on or about
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:20:16 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

But maybe it is time to consider relocating.

The best time would have been before the housing bubble burst in the
places worth leaving now. It's still a decent time to consider
relocating if you were to loose a job in one of those problem states
since you'd have a better time finding a new job here and the lower cost
of living would make your savings and severance last longer as well.

"It is always a good time to buy. Not always a good time to
sell." So said my real estate agent friend, when I bought my house.

pyotr
-