Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Someone got a good deal on this 25 HP compressor

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that "Pete C." on or about
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:39:41 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:10:56 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Its all window dressing..painting the face of a corpse.

Well, here those shopping centers are filling up with tenants rapidly,
one huge new development is probably 90%+ occupied. The only store that
closed is Circuit City. New office condos are being build and filled,
new apartments still being built and filled, new houses, etc. The last
week I had my boss and a couple coworkers in town for a project, so we
were eating out a lot for lunch and dinner, and pretty much every place
we went was pretty well packed. It certainly doesn't appear to be window
dressing here...

IVe heard a lot about Texas..and its actually doing ok. A ****load of
people have left California and moved there..along with company owners
and their companies.

Not to mention Doctors. Texas put a cap on "pain and suffering"
awards, and the doctors are moving.

Yes, several big new medical centers just built or under construction to
open soon around here.

Same with Georgia etc etc.. The Southeast with its minimal tax rates
etc etc has become the new Mexico as far as growing American industry
goes.

If only I could stand the humidity ...

The humidity is fine in the DFW area, nothing like hotlanta. Good
weather, good economy, low cost of living, no state income tax, etc.

And no mountains.

Not in the immediate area, but within a reasonable drive west on 70-80
mph highway toward Big Bend, etc. if you want for a weekend trip.

I've gotten used to those the last thirty
years. I just realized that it has been at least that long since I
last lived some place where it froze in the winter. Not just got
below freezing at night some times, but the "high today is expect to
be near freezing, but then it will go back down later in the week."
kind of cold.

I bailed out of the frozen northeast. While it's not as hilly here north
of Dallas, there are plenty of trees and wooded areas which is fine for
me. I have no plans to go back to the northeast.

But maybe it is time to consider relocating.

The best time would have been before the housing bubble burst in the
places worth leaving now. It's still a decent time to consider
relocating if you were to loose a job in one of those problem states
since you'd have a better time finding a new job here and the lower cost
of living would make your savings and severance last longer as well.