Posted to rec.woodworking
lcottrell

Default Fantastic Deal on PC Compressor Combo

Just wanted to let the group know that you can get the Porter-Cable
CFBN200A 2" 18 Gauge Brad Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack right now on
Amazon.com for $119.94. It is listed at $219.94, but if you put in the
coupon code SAVON500, it will apply a $100 discount. I just ordered
one and the total shows $119.94. Hope this makes someone's day!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

lcottrell wrote:
Just wanted to let the group know that you can get the Porter-Cable
CFBN200A 2" 18 Gauge Brad Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack right now on
Amazon.com for $119.94.

I wish that Amazon would either ship to Canada or carry tools on their
Canadian website. It's starting to annoy me...

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom H wrote:
Thanks, I just purchased one for my son

"lcottrell" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just wanted to let the group know that you can get the Porter-Cable
CFBN200A 2" 18 Gauge Brad Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack right now on
Amazon.com for $119.94. It is listed at $219.94, but if you put in the
coupon code SAVON500, it will apply a $100 discount. I just ordered
one and the total shows $119.94. Hope this makes someone's day!

I just picked one up too...one less thing I'll be constantly borrowing
from the neighbors. Seems like they're $210-$245 everywhere online.

Posted to rec.woodworking
damian penney

Cool, that's a bug because the SAVON500 code is supposed to apply if
you spend over $500....

lcottrell wrote:
Just wanted to let the group know that you can get the Porter-Cable
CFBN200A 2" 18 Gauge Brad Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack right now on
Amazon.com for $119.94. It is listed at $219.94, but if you put in the
coupon code SAVON500, it will apply a $100 discount. I just ordered
one and the total shows $119.94. Hope this makes someone's day!

Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy

"lcottrell" wrote:

Just wanted to let the group know that you can get the Porter-Cable
CFBN200A 2" 18 Gauge Brad Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack right now on
Amazon.com for $119.94. It is listed at $219.94, but if you put in the
coupon code SAVON500, it will apply a $100 discount. I just ordered
one and the total shows $119.94. Hope this makes someone's day!

You realize, don't you, that the coupon you used is for a $100
discount on purchases of $500 or more? Don't be too disappointed if
they catch the mistake. From another thread, sounds like they have
stopped this promotion anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"lcottrell" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just wanted to let the group know that you can get the Porter-Cable
CFBN200A 2" 18 Gauge Brad Nailer/Compressor Combo Pack right now on
Amazon.com for $119.94. It is listed at $219.94, but if you put in the
coupon code SAVON500, it will apply a $100 discount. I just ordered
one and the total shows $119.94. Hope this makes someone's day!

Incredible. How on earth did you discover this?
I can't wait to see if they actually ship it. Legally, they are not
responsible for obvious errors, but that is a questionable business
strategy.

Posted to rec.woodworking
lcottrell

Actually my wife found it. She knew I had been looking for a PC combo
kit and ran across the code on one of those sites that lists coupon
codes for various sites. It looked like it would fit the bill for what
I was wanting, and the price was definitely nice so I ordered it. The
discount was applied, and I got a confirmation email showing the
correct product and the correct price. I think they should have to
honor it. I'll post back here and let you know if I receive it or not.
It is currently out of stock and the estimated ship date is sometime
in March, so we'll see.

Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

I think they stopped the SAVON700 promotion, but not the other one.

brian

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf

lcottrell wrote:
Actually my wife found it. She knew I had been looking for a PC combo
kit and ran across the code on one of those sites that lists coupon
codes for various sites. It looked like it would fit the bill for what
I was wanting, and the price was definitely nice so I ordered it. The
discount was applied, and I got a confirmation email showing the
correct product and the correct price. I think they should have to
honor it. I'll post back here and let you know if I receive it or not.
It is currently out of stock and the estimated ship date is sometime
in March, so we'll see.

Let us know, but I'm a bit skeptical that they "have" to honor it if
the coupon says $100 off $500 and you didn't buy $500 worth. They might
go ahead and honor it anyway though.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...

lcottrell wrote:
Actually my wife found it. She knew I had been looking for a PC combo
kit and ran across the code on one of those sites that lists coupon
codes for various sites. It looked like it would fit the bill for what
I was wanting, and the price was definitely nice so I ordered it. The
discount was applied, and I got a confirmation email showing the
correct product and the correct price. I think they should have to
honor it. I'll post back here and let you know if I receive it or not.
It is currently out of stock and the estimated ship date is sometime
in March, so we'll see.

Let us know, but I'm a bit skeptical that they "have" to honor it if
the coupon says $100 off $500 and you didn't buy $500 worth. They might
go ahead and honor it anyway though.

More likely that they just wont notice it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
lcottrell

I checked my credit card today and there was a charge of $219.94 on
there. I emailed them to find out what happened, since the receipt I
have shows $119.94. I guess worst case I'll return it and get the 3
nailer kit at CoastalTools for not much more.

Posted to rec.woodworking
lcottrell

Ok, sorry for going back and forth on this...

I emailed Amazon this morning about the $219.94 charge, which was the
original price of the combo set. They emailed me back and said they
researched my order and that the $100 discount was applied to the order
and hasn't been charged yet. The $219.94 was for the Forrest DadoKing
set I had ordered a couple of days ago, which happened to equal the
exact same amount as the combo kit's original price. So I was simply
mistaken. Amazon said they assure me that the $100 discount was
applied, so it does look like it went through.

Posted to rec.woodworking

It looks like its fixed -- it says the coupon deal has expired or
doesn't apply.

Posted to rec.woodworking
lcottrell

I received my combo kit yesterday, and was only charged the $119.94.