Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Someone got a good deal on this 25 HP compressor

On 2009-10-20, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:43:32 -0500, Ignoramus21294
wrote:

Someone got it for $200, outbidding me by $50.

25 hp ingersoll rand compressor.

http://69.20.5.106/2/D/lots/00000011...__.htm?LOCALE=...

I was not too eager to bid due to size and hassle involved.
Unfortunately my trailer is occupied by a milling machine in need of
adjustments.

A $1500 used compressor.

And yet the economy is great...right?

The economy is not great, but it is not terrible, either.

This was a very, very ****ed up auction, a lot of things were sold for
nothing. A very bad way to organize a sale.

That Dayton MIG welder, I won for $100, for example.

Tell the folks around here how great it is.
There have been at least 15 farms selling out and NONE of them wanted to
sell out.

Auction prices have been just about 1/2 of what things are worth.
How about $15,000.00 tractors in great shape for $7,000.00 or a NEW
disc-bine for less than $3,000.00.
We even have Amish folks selling out and moving out of the area.

How about this little item. Wal~Mart usually hires a lot of temporary
help for the warehouses and stores this time of year. They are not only
NOT hiring they are laying people off because nobody has money to spend.

They are stopping construction on 63 stores and two warehouses for next
year. Plus they are planning on shutting down a few stores as well.

--
Steve W.

You apparently have a different local ag economy than the Midwest
location I am at. Land prices are at record highs(even despite
markets crashing). Used equipment is still very high compared to a
few years ago. Some used equipment is appreciating in value, not
depreciating. It's very nuts.

JW

In California..they just put an ADDITONAL 650 critters on the protected
species list. Farmers here are shutting down. California used to be the
nations breadbasket..now its becoming its vast desert. They shut off
the water

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/...o_protect.html

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""