Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Larry Jacquesoff

Did you read my post about your welder?

If the guy coming over doesnt buy it...let me know and perhaps we can
work out some kind of deal.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Damn, I just saw the full title for the first time.
Guajalote Gunner's gonna get it!

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 11:53:33 -0700, the infamous Larry Jaques
scrawled the following:

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 10:04:14 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

Did you read my post about your welder?

Yes, just moments ago.

If the guy coming over doesnt buy it...let me know and perhaps we can
work out some kind of deal.

OK, will do. He cleared 4" of snow off the hood of his truck this
morning and did a tuneup on it, then called me at 11:15 to say that
he'd be coming right down (2-2.5 hours on a good day from Crescent,
OR.)

I think he has a mind to buy it, don't you? We'll see, though.
I expected him to arrive before 11, and it's only drizzling here.
sigh

Time for a fresh cuppa joe and a Netflix movie on my computer. Ta!

OK, the deed is done. I got him to cough up a whopping $220 for the
aged beastie. He smeared some wheel bearing grease onto the outer
bearings (only!) and drove off happy.

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-10-04, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:

OK, the deed is done. I got him to cough up a whopping $220 for the
aged beastie. He smeared some wheel bearing grease onto the outer
bearings (only!) and drove off happy.

Congrats. When those ugly ****s are gone, I personally experience
great relief.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 11:53:33 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 10:04:14 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

Did you read my post about your welder?

Yes, just moments ago.

If the guy coming over doesnt buy it...let me know and perhaps we can
work out some kind of deal.

OK, will do. He cleared 4" of snow off the hood of his truck this
morning and did a tuneup on it, then called me at 11:15 to say that
he'd be coming right down (2-2.5 hours on a good day from Crescent,
OR.)

I think he has a mind to buy it, don't you? We'll see, though.
I expected him to arrive before 11, and it's only drizzling here.
sigh

Time for a fresh cuppa joe and a Netflix movie on my computer. Ta!

Good luck!

Email me if he doesnt buy.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 15:36:43 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

Sigh...good for you!

If you find another one...keep me in mind.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 17:19:35 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

OK, the deed is done. I got him to cough up a whopping $220 for the
aged beastie. He smeared some wheel bearing grease onto the outer
bearings (only!) and drove off happy.

Sigh...good for you!

If you find another one...keep me in mind.

There's one in Sacto right now. Craigslist is your friend.

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT movie on computer

Larry Jaques wrote:
Time for a fresh cuppa joe and a Netflix movie on my computer.

Is that a downloaded movie or DVD? If downloaded, how's the
resolution/definition? Hoe many MB?

Curious,
Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
Time for a fresh cuppa joe and a Netflix movie on my computer.

Is that a downloaded movie or DVD? If downloaded, how's the
resolution/definition? Hoe many MB?

Curious,
Bob

I've been archiving all my movies, starting with the oldest VHS
tapes and now working through my DVDs.

For DVD quality (like with MPEG4) figure on about 2 gig per hour.

A 500 gig external drive will store 200 to 250 movies.

I prefer to use Nero Showtime to display them.

The Netflix instant movie option *requires* Microsoft Silver Light
media player. I thought that was a really dumb move on their part,
so there must have been money or politics involved.

The initial gouge on Silver Light is (besides bloated) that it
phones home periodically (aka Spyware).

The image quality, in part, depends on your internet connection.
But will probably look better than VHS at worst (DLS) or DVD
quality (FIOS).

Sometimes syncing image and voice is a problem.
But that's a production or server issue.

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
snip
If you find another one...keep me in mind.

Gunner

NO! You have enough STUFFFFF!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:23:40 -0400, the infamous Bob Engelhardt
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Time for a fresh cuppa joe and a Netflix movie on my computer.

Is that a downloaded movie or DVD? If downloaded, how's the
resolution/definition? Hoe many MB?

Live streaming. Beaucoup effin' MBs, brother.
The vast majority have a very good resolution, but a few are
compressed way too far. I'm very happy overall.

Then again, I don't watch TV and have never even watched more than a
minute's worth of HDTV (Circuit City twice), so my opinion might be
found wanting.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

I'm keeping all my video on a $89 1.5T external SAT drive. It's on the
network so I can watch anything anywhere. I like "Classic Media Player" and
it's free. I figure 3 or 4 of these drives will store everything I could
EVER want to watch.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

We are probably about even - except for size (hehehe!)

I have three Western Digital 500 gig MyBook drives.
I paid about the same as yours (for each of them) but years back
before a T was even offered. The third one is approaching 1/2 full now.

Classic Media Player is ok. I just like ShowTime mo betta.

So (with apologies for hijacking the thread) How did you rig up
your external drive?

Richard

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

OK, the deed is done. I got him to cough up a whopping $220 for the
aged beastie. He smeared some wheel bearing grease onto the outer
bearings (only!) and drove off happy.

Sigh...good for you!

If you find another one...keep me in mind.

There's one in Sacto right now. Craigslist is your friend.

Thanks! I emailed the guy.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1359243487.html is another
one...that is NOT going to sell any time soon.

LOL...folks selling are desperate..folks with enough money to spend are
being damned picky on what they will buy.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 23:21:53 -0400, "Buerste" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
snip
If you find another one...keep me in mind.

Gunner

NO! You have enough STUFFFFF!

I only have 3 gas welders! Ranger 9, Miller 55G (being rebuilt at the
moment) and some ancient critter that came off a Liberty Ship in WW2
that I need to go pick up someday.

Thats no where near enough!

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Buerste wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

The Rosewill enclosure came with a SATA external bracket or it will connect
via a USB. I have it and a smaller external drive hung off a computer that
runs the LCD TV in the family room. It also has a tuner running Sage. I'll
give the Nero ShowTime a try, thanks!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:08:10 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

OK, the deed is done. I got him to cough up a whopping $220 for the
aged beastie. He smeared some wheel bearing grease onto the outer
bearings (only!) and drove off happy.

Sigh...good for you!

If you find another one...keep me in mind.

There's one in Sacto right now. Craigslist is your friend.

Thanks! I emailed the guy.

So, is he hauling it down for you to look at/trade for?

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1359243487.html is another
one...that is NOT going to sell any time soon.

Har! I believe you.

LOL...folks selling are desperate..folks with enough money to spend are
being damned picky on what they will buy.

I got lucky.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Ping-Larry Jaques Camping stove Gunner Asch[_4_] Metalworking 23 December 31st 08 09:01 PM
Ping Larry Blanchard Leon Woodworking 10 May 30th 08 09:50 PM
Larry @ Woodsucker ? dgnolan Woodworking 0 December 28th 05 07:56 PM
Moe! Larry! Spam! JohnM Metalworking 0 May 24th 05 04:39 PM
Larry Jaques? patrick mitchel Metalworking 6 December 21st 04 03:55 AM