Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The coming days......

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

I made a couple of calls to Washington today to see what in the
hell
you're
talking about. Type 1 diabetes (or any insulin-dependent diabetes)
is
an
absolute disqualification for military induction now, as it was
then,
whether you were drafted or volunteered.

You did not know "GIs" who had Type 1 and who were then inducted
into
the
service. You're full of crap, once again.

--
Ed Huntress

Sigh. Doctors and nurses are commissioned officers, not
inducted.

What happened to those "GIs with Type 1 diabetes" that you knew? When
did
they transmogrify into doctors with commissions?

They didn't. They were always GIs. Even draftees were referred to
as GIs. its military slang. But then, you weren't worthy of serving,
with you having been rejected as a useless defective.

Hey, I wasn't the one with the five 4Fs. You were apparently a useful
defective. d8-)

You think tahat's funny? I was born sick. I have survivied into my
mid 50's in spite of being told I wouldn't. I've survived medical
problems i was told I couldn't. You have to try a lot harder than that.

No, it's not funny. But after you called me a "useless defective," I thought
you might want to reflect on the fact that you've described yourself as a
"defective," five times over. Then you might wonder why you're saying such
stupid things.

Do you ever think about what you've typed, Michael, before you post it?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Yes, he does, and that's the problem. The guy is simply a jackass. All
you have to do is read a few of his posts and that's perfectly clear.
He's obviously a bitter, loser and it shows in what he writes. The
highlight of his life was being in the military so he's constantly
talking about how great and important he was then. He's pathetic. Which
is why I won't waste any time on him. He has nothing positive to
contribute. So all he does is talk about how valuable he was to the
military or criticize others. Like I said, he's a jackass. Screw him and
the horse he rode in on.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 9, 6:27*pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:

The battle of Okinawa, perhaps. BB-63 was launched 2 years after the
Coral Sea.Halseycame aboard May 18, 1945.

jsw

You are right. It must have been the BB-62, The New Jersey. And the
Cobra Typhoon December 17th 1944. From Wikipedia

Dan

Task Force 38

TF 38 consisted of seven fleet carriers, six light carriers, eight
battleships, 15 cruisers, and about 50 destroyers. The carriers had
been conducting raids against Japanese airfields in the Philippines
and ships were being refueled, especially many destroyers running low
on fuel. When the storm hit, the procedure had to be aborted.

Some ships experienced rolls of over 70 degrees and damage suffered by
the fleet was severe. Three destroyers, Spence, Hickox and Maddox had
nearly empty fuel stores (10-15% of capacity) and therefore lacked the
stabilizing effect of the extra weight and thus were relatively
unstable. Additionally, several other destroyers, two of which being
Hull and Monaghan, were of the older Farragut-class and had been
refitted with over 500 tons of extra equipment and armament which made
them top-heavy. The Spence, Hull and Monaghan were sunk either by
capsizing or as a result of water downflooded through their
smokestacks and disabling their engines, leaving them at the mercy of
the wind and seas. The Hickox and Maddox, due to ballasting of their
empty fuel tanks (pumping them full of seawater) had greater stability
and were able to ride out the storm with relatively minor damage.

Many other ships of Task Force 38 suffered various degrees of damage,
especially to radar and radio equipment which severely compromised
communications within the fleet. Several carriers suffered fires on
their hangars and 146 aircraft were wrecked or blown overboard. Nine
ships — including one light cruiser, three light carriers, and two
escort carriers — suffered severe damage and had to be sent for
repairs.

The carrier Monterey was nearly taken down in flames by its own
airplanes as they crashed into bulkheads and exploded during violent
rolls. Of those fighting the fires aboard the Monterey was then-Lt.
Gerald Ford, later President of the United States. Ford later recalled
nearly going overboard; when 20+ degree rolls caused aircraft below
decks to careen into each other, igniting a fire, he volunteered to
take a fire team below decks and fought fires all night, saving his
ship from sure destruction at sea. [1]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

That's exactly what the military would call you, because by their
standards, you are defective, and useless. Regulations, and all that.

Do you ever think about what you've typed, Michael, before you post it?

Yes. I do. So, it bothered you? Good. It was supposed to. I've
put up with that, and worse my entire life from people like you. Those
who think they are special. Teachers, other students, the knuckle
draggers in the military, idiots I've worked with and strangers who yell
at you that the disabled have no business leaving their homes, where
others will have to see them. Moron gym teachers who claimed you
weren't trying hard enough to run the track, when you have trouble
walking. Some idiot football player attacking you, because he didn't
like your haircut. Guess what? Most of them have prominent scars from
those fights.

Then there were idiots who assaulted me, because they though they saw
an easy target. All of them thought their **** didn't stink, and that
the world revolved around them. Does any of this sound familiar to you?

You don't like the comment? I don't give a damn. You are an arrogant
asshole. Just be glad that people don't curse at you for taking an
extra ten seconds to get across a marked crosswalk with a cane, or tell
you to **** off, because the forms you need to sign are printed in six
point type and are tenth generation, or worse copies.

Poor Ed WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Grow up.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

I'm crushed. d8-)

Do you ever think about what you've typed, Michael, before you post it?

Yes. I do. So, it bothered you? Good. It was supposed to.

It doesn't bother me so much, considering the source.

I've
put up with that, and worse my entire life from people like you. Those
who think they are special. Teachers, other students, the knuckle
draggers in the military, idiots I've worked with and strangers who yell
at you that the disabled have no business leaving their homes, where
others will have to see them. Moron gym teachers who claimed you
weren't trying hard enough to run the track, when you have trouble
walking. Some idiot football player attacking you, because he didn't
like your haircut. Guess what? Most of them have prominent scars from
those fights.

Then there were idiots who assaulted me, because they though they saw
an easy target. All of them thought their **** didn't stink, and that
the world revolved around them. Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Yeah, but the people I've known about, who think like you, are either dead
or in prison.

You don't like the comment? I don't give a damn. You are an arrogant
asshole. Just be glad that people don't curse at you for taking an
extra ten seconds to get across a marked crosswalk with a cane, or tell
you to **** off, because the forms you need to sign are printed in six
point type and are tenth generation, or worse copies.

Poor Ed WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Grow up.

I'm not complaining, Michael. I'm damned lucky to be alive, and I live every
day feeling that way.

And I still cut you a lot of slack for going through life with the physical
problems you've faced. It can really work on a person's personality and it's
bound to have some emotional consequences sooner or later.

Just spread it around a little, OK? You don't know me, but you've focused a
lot of your resentments this way. If you need someone to hate, find someone
local. You'll have more effect. All I'm going to do is to dismiss you as a
bitter, nasty crank.

--
Ed Huntress

The coming days...... William Wixon Metalworking 6 July 12th 09 12:48 AM
OT-143 days RB[_2_] Metalworking 1 June 27th 08 10:57 PM
OT-143 days RB[_2_] Metalworking 0 June 26th 08 04:09 PM
Win XP goes off after 30 days [email protected] Electronics Repair 33 March 5th 08 01:30 AM
The Woodworking Shows Is Coming to Baltimore - 3 Days Only! (PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance) [email protected] Woodworking 4 December 7th 06 01:24 PM