Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default The coming days......

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

I made a couple of calls to Washington today to see what in the
hell
you're
talking about. Type 1 diabetes (or any insulin-dependent
diabetes)
is
an
absolute disqualification for military induction now, as it was
then,
whether you were drafted or volunteered.

You did not know "GIs" who had Type 1 and who were then inducted
into
the
service. You're full of crap, once again.

--
Ed Huntress

Sigh. Doctors and nurses are commissioned officers, not
inducted.

What happened to those "GIs with Type 1 diabetes" that you knew?
When
did
they transmogrify into doctors with commissions?

They didn't. They were always GIs. Even draftees were referred
as GIs. its military slang. But then, you weren't worthy of
serving,
with you having been rejected as a useless defective.

Hey, I wasn't the one with the five 4Fs. You were apparently a useful
defective. d8-)

You think tahat's funny? I was born sick. I have survivied into my
mid 50's in spite of being told I wouldn't. I've survived medical
problems i was told I couldn't. You have to try a lot harder than
that.

No, it's not funny. But after you called me a "useless defective," I
thought
you might want to reflect on the fact that you've described yourself as a
"defective," five times over. Then you might wonder why you're saying
such
stupid things.

That's exactly what the military would call you, because by their
standards, you are defective, and useless. Regulations, and all that.

I'm crushed. d8-)

Do you ever think about what you've typed, Michael, before you post it?

Yes. I do. So, it bothered you? Good. It was supposed to.

It doesn't bother me so much, considering the source.

I've
put up with that, and worse my entire life from people like you. Those
who think they are special. Teachers, other students, the knuckle
draggers in the military, idiots I've worked with and strangers who yell
at you that the disabled have no business leaving their homes, where
others will have to see them. Moron gym teachers who claimed you
weren't trying hard enough to run the track, when you have trouble
walking. Some idiot football player attacking you, because he didn't
like your haircut. Guess what? Most of them have prominent scars from
those fights.

Then there were idiots who assaulted me, because they though they saw
an easy target. All of them thought their **** didn't stink, and that
the world revolved around them. Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Yeah, but the people I've known about, who think like you, are either dead
or in prison.

You don't like the comment? I don't give a damn. You are an arrogant
asshole. Just be glad that people don't curse at you for taking an
extra ten seconds to get across a marked crosswalk with a cane, or tell
you to **** off, because the forms you need to sign are printed in six
point type and are tenth generation, or worse copies.

Poor Ed WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Grow up.

I'm not complaining, Michael. I'm damned lucky to be alive, and I live every
day feeling that way.

And I still cut you a lot of slack for going through life with the physical
problems you've faced. It can really work on a person's personality and it's
bound to have some emotional consequences sooner or later.

Just spread it around a little, OK? You don't know me, but you've focused a
lot of your resentments this way. If you need someone to hate, find someone
local. You'll have more effect. All I'm going to do is to dismiss you as a
bitter, nasty crank.

--
Ed Huntress