Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flood coolant on Clausing lathe

My Clausing has a flood coolant system. Which actually works, except
the switch for it does not work. I will fix it, but the pump is
working great. I have cleaned up the system somewhat and it is running
smoothly. For coolant, I used a water soluble oil from McMaster that I
diluted about 40:1. This oil is not so bad, as I kept a jar of it
diluted for about half a year, and it did not separate and did not
stink.

My question is, would occasional use of this coolant rust the lathe.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Flood coolant guard for knee mill Karl Townsend Metalworking 1 June 13th 08 05:08 PM
keeping flood coolant under control Tove Momerathsson[_2_] Metalworking 3 January 16th 08 03:04 PM
Flood Coolant for Diamond wheel Ken Cutt Metalworking 2 April 12th 06 06:15 AM
Flood Coolant Ken Cutt Metalworking 7 May 29th 05 03:35 AM
Call me crazy (using hydraulic oil as a flood coolant) William G Darby Metalworking 19 August 16th 03 06:20 PM