Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flood coolant guard for knee mill

I'm a dreamin' up flood coolant guards for my knee mill. Anybody done this
and been proud enough to take pictures? I don't have the room for a complete
enclosure like on CNC mills. I'm thinking of some way to stop the slinging
from the cutting tool and then a drip pan to direct coolant back to the
sump.

My son got re-hired to the place that laid him off, but he's running a CNC
press brake on midnights till an engineer or programmer job opens up. He
told me government job are the specialty of midnight shift. I'd best get
this while I can.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:10:46 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I'm a dreamin' up flood coolant guards for my knee mill. Anybody done this
and been proud enough to take pictures? I don't have the room for a complete
enclosure like on CNC mills. I'm thinking of some way to stop the slinging
from the cutting tool and then a drip pan to direct coolant back to the
sump.

Karl:

Did you receive my email on this subject?

Errol Groff

keeping flood coolant under control Tove Momerathsson[_2_] Metalworking 3 January 16th 08 03:04 PM
Flood Coolant for Diamond wheel Ken Cutt Metalworking 2 April 12th 06 06:15 AM
Flood Coolant Ken Cutt Metalworking 7 May 29th 05 03:35 AM
Aftermarket ATC for knee mill? d.dixson Metalworking 5 May 6th 05 05:27 PM
Call me crazy (using hydraulic oil as a flood coolant) William G Darby Metalworking 19 August 16th 03 06:20 PM