Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Troy Bilt Tiller HH60 engine replacement?

I have an old troy bilt tiller about 1981, that broke a rod. It is the
HH60 engine. I have chaecked everywhere and no replacement rod is
available. It is discontinued. I believe it is a 6 horse engine.

I am wanting to get it running before next spring cheaply. I have a
new Harbor Freight store that opened up and has a 6.5 horse engine for
sale for 139.99. Can anyone help me determine if it will work? I think
there is a similar engine oline at their website.

I belive my shaft is 3/4 inch and 2 5/16 long. But the literature says
I think (not sure) it is a 2 9/16 bolt pattern. I cant seem to
determine that. WOudl it be hard to get that thing to work?

Also, on a tiller, is it possible to use the engines with the throttle
control on the engine?

Troy tiller update on engine blow up stryped[_2_] Metalworking 10 July 22nd 08 02:18 PM
Old troy bilt tiller update stryped[_2_] Metalworking 5 July 15th 08 05:18 AM
Troy Built Horse tiller older engine blow up. What to do. stryped[_2_] Metalworking 20 July 14th 08 05:16 PM
Troy Bilt won't start Steve Home Repair 21 July 6th 07 12:59 PM
Should take better care of my Troy-bilt tiller (long). ** Frank ** Home Repair 2 May 30th 07 03:03 AM