Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Rich is offline

Default Troy Bilt Tiller HH60 engine replacement?

stryped wrote:
I have an old troy bilt tiller about 1981, that broke a rod. It is the
HH60 engine. I have chaecked everywhere and no replacement rod is
available. It is discontinued. I believe it is a 6 horse engine.

What's a tiller and how does it work?

I am wanting to get it running before next spring cheaply. I have a
new Harbor Freight store that opened up and has a 6.5 horse engine for
sale for 139.99. Can anyone help me determine if it will work? I think
there is a similar engine oline at their website.

Congratulations on owning a Harbor Freight Store. Maybe someone can
help you determine if it will work.

I belive my shaft is 3/4 inch and 2 5/16 long. But the literature says
I think (not sure) it is a 2 9/16 bolt pattern. I cant seem to
determine that. WOudl it be hard to get that thing to work?

I'm sorry your shaft is only 3/4 inch and 2 5/16 long. That must make
all functions difficult.

Also, on a tiller, is it possible to use the engines with the throttle
control on the engine?

Not until you put gas in the tank

Welcome back, stryped. Haven't heard from you since May!