Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Well .........

Hi Steve... I hope that you recover soon... So many things to do... I
will be wishing you well...

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve,

Positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way... We hope to see you
here soon and for a long time to come!

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near
future. Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

Hoping my prayers will help in some way, I'm working overtime on them.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Good luck, Steve!!

--
Peter DiVergilio
Most of the money I've wasted was mostly spent trying to impress people who

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:04:09 -0800, "SteveB"
toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

====================
Let me add my best wishes and wish you good luck.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:04:09 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

Good luck, Steve, and try to keep a positive attitude.
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

Good luck, Steve, and try to keep a positive attitude.
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Info for manufacturers:http://www.trexon.com

All the best for your future.
Think positive thoughts and contemplate the good experiences.

Wolfgang

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near
future. Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and
imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be
done." Theodore Roosevelt 1891

Best-case, you get to tease some cute nurses. Worst-case, they are MALE
nurses.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

Not long ago I was told that my risk was 5X to 6X normal because of
the extent of the damage. I asked what my risk was if I didn't have
the surgery. Euphmemistically, it was zero risk: I'd be history
within hours.

Well, hell, that made it a nobrainer, right?

I then figured that I'd had one hell of a good life up to that point;
more could be better but only if it was good. Nobody ever issued any
warranties so I certainly didn't feel cheated.

May the remainder of your life, however long that might be, be
pleasant and enjoyable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Sorry to hear this, hope all goes well, we'll be looking forward
to hearing from you again!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I hope that the docs can find a way to manage the problem that you
have and that you can beat the odds you face. If it helps to get
distraction, I'm sure that people here will do their best. Good luck!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Hang in there; you're one of the good 'uns! :-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : "Hold on! we're passing
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : through the moronosphere!"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:06:19 -0700 (PDT), "Denis G."
wrote:

I hope that the docs can find a way to manage the problem that you
have and that you can beat the odds you face. If it helps to get
distraction, I'm sure that people here will do their best. Good luck!

I hope your wishes are for SteveB. I'm clickin' along just fine. Not
exactly "good as new" -- well duh, I ain't exactly new! I have some
good miles left before me. Had a very enjoyable day yesterday at the
range. Didn't shoot all that well, but I sure enjoyed 100%.

Let's hope that 3 months from now SteveB will be grinnin' too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:04:09 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

Hang in there. It isn't over till after they have the wake.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 8, 9:04*am, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. *The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. *This one will involve another open heart. *The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. *I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. *I'll always remember you.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,
not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."
Theodore Roosevelt 1891

Good luck Steve. We'll see you back soon,
I'm sure.

dennis
in nca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

Stick around, Steve.
We ain't half done irritating you yet.

Seriously, my best wishes on a fast recovery!

--Winston.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I hope that the docs can find a way to manage the problem that you
have and that you can beat the odds you face. *If it helps to get
distraction, I'm sure that people here will do their best. *Good luck!

I hope your wishes are for SteveB. *I'm clickin' along just fine. Not
exactly "good as new" -- well duh, I ain't exactly new! *I have some
good miles left before me. Had a very enjoyable day yesterday at the
range. *Didn't shoot all that well, but I sure enjoyed 100%. * *

Let's hope that 3 months from now SteveB will be grinnin' too. *

Hi Don,
Oops! Sorry you're right, I did intend my message to go to SteveB,
but I'm glad you're doing well too. Thanks for pointing out my misuse
of Google Groups. I probably need a remedial course in internet
posting. I am flustered with too many new-fangled things and should
have stopped after learning Morse code ....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve:

With all these well wishes the goddess of reality can't help but
listen and OBEY.
You can add mine to the list as well.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve,

Prayers and best wishes for you. Don't 'try' to be positive
about it, BE positive about it. My fiance beat Aplastic
Anemia, a disorder that by all rights should have killed
her. An iron will to live was the difference. May your
thoughts, and prayers from family/friends, give you the
strength to see this through.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near
future. Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

Wup, time for fighting, Steve, and an absolute unwillingness to lose. It is
an amazing force. And there are plenty of people here who are unwilling to
see you lose that battle, too.

You WILL win it. And you have a ton of support here.

Stay in touch.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

I have a brother-in-law that has lost an eye, a leg and an arm in
accidents. He has survived 4 brands of cancer.

When you compare scars with him, ain't nothing counts unless it is
still bleeding!

He is a poster child for positive thinking. It is amazing what the
human machine can overcome. We WILL see you back.

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I am not much for pep talks. Remember, most patients get better *in spite*
of what their doctors do. I hope you get the same break :-)

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near
future. Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and
imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be
done." Theodore Roosevelt 1891

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

[...]

On my bypass surgery, one of my nurses was Gary Wright, former player for a
NFL team. Bengals, I think, but not sure. He went into nursing after the
NFL. He was tall and black and one hell of a nurse. He got me through a
night of fibrillations a few days after surgery.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That's funny. They gave ME a lifetime warranty on my heart valve. ;-)

I know it's a no brainer. It's just hard to report for it now knowing
what's going to happen. Last time, the hardest thing was to crawl from the
gurney to the table. They couldn't get an IV started, so had given me no
happy juice in the two hours I got there previous to surgery. They wouldn't
slide me for some reason. I was having second thoughts. A minute later,
ten people were on me, and a minute after that, I was asleep.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

;-)

I know it's a no brainer. It's just hard to report for it now knowing
what's going to happen. Last time, the hardest thing was to crawl
from the gurney to the table. They couldn't get an IV started, so
had given me no happy juice in the two hours I got there previous to
surgery. They wouldn't slide me for some reason. I was having
second thoughts. A minute later, ten people were on me, and a minute
after that, I was asleep.

Steve

Best wishes.
"ten people were on me", They learned that from the Japanese; "JIT";
"just in time".

Whew
It works, just not the best for cars,
But you're not a car, right?
Some old song:

Look up
Look over
Look all around, what do you see?
Look up.

Hang in there, we will too.
wws

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
I am not much for pep talks. Remember, most patients get better *in
spite* of what their doctors do. I hope you get the same break :-)

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I broke my back July 4th. Yesterday in the doctor's office, he asked
me how I was doing. I threw my keys on the floor, bent over at the
waist, and picked them up. I got lucky, but yes, the human body is
something else.

I'm just 1/2" shorter now.

Steve

Naw, that's re-entry
Phhuttt!
vocal cords outta wak
Stop it, you are not a machine
we all wish we were

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Male nurses are better poker buddies and more likely to bring you a deluxe
pizza!
(do good!)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

God be with you, Steve. The prayers and thoughts of a whole bunch of us
are with you in this.

Your spirit of determination is a large factor here, and we all encourage
you.

Flash

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
I am not much for pep talks. Remember, most patients get better *in spite*
of what their doctors do. I hope you get the same break :-)

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I broke my back July 4th. Yesterday in the doctor's office, he asked me
how I was doing. I threw my keys on the floor, bent over at the waist,
and picked them up. I got lucky, but yes, the human body is something
else.

I'm just 1/2" shorter now.

Well, now you know that size does not matter...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

I am not much for pep talks. Remember, most patients get better *in spite*
of what their doctors do. I hope you get the same break :-)

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I broke my back July 4th. Yesterday in the doctor's office, he asked me how
I was doing. I threw my keys on the floor, bent over at the waist, and
picked them up. I got lucky, but yes, the human body is something else.

I popped SOMETHING in my back some years ago, and just toughed
it out. I rolled up a jacket and shoved it in the angle of my
car seat when driving, it tilted my spine or something and made
it much easier to drive. It slowly got better until it was just
a minor annoyance from time to time. Then, I was digging in my
back yard and pulled on the pickaxe to break some roots, and
somthing made a snap like breaking a board in half. If I had
fallen down then I would not have been able to get up. I was
real worried, but it calmed down in about two days. I haven't
had much trouble since, but I take it easy, and especially watch
that pulling from the waist motion, that seems to trigger the
weak spot for me.

One thing I did when it was bad was I have a dresser that is
about waist height, and I would push my hands down on that and
lift my feet off the floor for about a minute at a time. This
might have allowed the burst disc to suck back in, it helped
with the pain down my legs.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Steve,

Hang in there man. I need somebody with good sense to show us around
Vegas next time we're through there, which may well be in early
September. I'm buying the first round, sooooo.....Can I at least
count on you for that ?!?!?!

Make sure somebody there with you gives us "the dailies" on how you
are doing.

Prayers and best of luck. Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message ...
I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in this area was 8.5 hours.
This one will involve another open heart. The outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas and barbs and jabs. I
will probably be coming and going in the near future. Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that,
I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually
does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it
ought to be done." Theodore Roosevelt 1891

I wish you the best. Be strong....Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 21:39:40 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Michael Koblic" quickly quoth:

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
I am not much for pep talks. Remember, most patients get better *in spite*
of what their doctors do. I hope you get the same break :-)

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I broke my back July 4th. Yesterday in the doctor's office, he asked me
how I was doing. I threw my keys on the floor, bent over at the waist,
and picked them up. I got lucky, but yes, the human body is something
else.

I'm just 1/2" shorter now.

Well, now you know that size does not matter...

As long as you can fold it in half? /ouch

--
Pain makes man think. Thought makes man wise. Wisdom makes life endurable.
-- John Patrick
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,
not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."
Theodore Roosevelt 1891

Best wishes.

Remember - Most doctors are barely competent, if something doesn't seem
right to you, it probably isn't. Rule with an iron fist and get a second
opinion anytime you have doubts.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last surgery in
this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another open heart. The
outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

What everybody else said and doubled!

You come back, now. Y'hear?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
That's funny. They gave ME a lifetime warranty on my heart valve. ;-)

I know it's a no brainer. It's just hard to report for it now knowing
what's going to happen. Last time, the hardest thing was to crawl from
the gurney to the table. They couldn't get an IV started, so had given me
no happy juice in the two hours I got there previous to surgery. They
wouldn't slide me for some reason. I was having second thoughts. A
minute later, ten people were on me, and a minute after that, I was
asleep.

Well, I am sure the valve is in pristine condition. It's the stitching
holding it...:-)
Seriously, reading between the lines I am guessing re-do mitral valve? Maybe
with the left ventricle a tad banged up? Maybe a bypass or three on top?
I agree, no picnic!
On the positive side this time you should have a buttload of central lines
in so the happy juice should not be a problem. You can still walk into a
doctor office, throw keys about and pick them up - so I suspect the valve is
not infected and you are not in a hospital bed gasping for breath (or on a
ventilator) and as such in better shape to withstand the ordeal. Also this
is probably the best researched and documented branch of medicine there is
so your treatment is more likely to be based on hard facts than on
unsupported opinons.
I trust you are having this done in a place where they do many of these
every year.
I do not know if any of this is cheering you up. Just say and I shall shut
up. Or e-mail me privately if you want to talk details. I am here.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My father’s two favorite poems he learned as a school kid:
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/153.html
http://holyjoe.org/poetry/holmes1.htm
You reminded me to re-visit them.
Thanks and GL (again).