Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Well .........

SteveB wrote:
"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

I am not much for pep talks. Remember, most patients get better *in spite*
of what their doctors do. I hope you get the same break :-)

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I broke my back July 4th. Yesterday in the doctor's office, he asked me how
I was doing. I threw my keys on the floor, bent over at the waist, and
picked them up. I got lucky, but yes, the human body is something else.

I popped SOMETHING in my back some years ago, and just toughed
it out. I rolled up a jacket and shoved it in the angle of my
car seat when driving, it tilted my spine or something and made
it much easier to drive. It slowly got better until it was just
a minor annoyance from time to time. Then, I was digging in my
back yard and pulled on the pickaxe to break some roots, and
somthing made a snap like breaking a board in half. If I had
fallen down then I would not have been able to get up. I was
real worried, but it calmed down in about two days. I haven't
had much trouble since, but I take it easy, and especially watch
that pulling from the waist motion, that seems to trigger the
weak spot for me.

One thing I did when it was bad was I have a dresser that is
about waist height, and I would push my hands down on that and
lift my feet off the floor for about a minute at a time. This
might have allowed the burst disc to suck back in, it helped
with the pain down my legs.

Jon