Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Well .........

Denis G. wrote:
My father’s two favorite poems he learned as a school kid:
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/153.html
http://holyjoe.org/poetry/holmes1.htm
You reminded me to re-visit them.
Thanks and GL (again).

I'll see your first - and add a few more below...

....and if luck will help, best of luck to Steve.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve, don't start playing your swan song yet. Fight it, what ever it is. Determination
will get you just as far as medicine in many cases.

I'll pray for you tonight,

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Wup, time for fighting, Steve, and an absolute unwillingness to lose. It is
an amazing force. And there are plenty of people here who are unwilling to
see you lose that battle, too.

You WILL win it. And you have a ton of support here.

Stay in touch.

Ed, the wordsmith, said it well.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:10:20 -0400, Wes wrote:

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and share ideas
and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve, don't start playing your swan song yet. Fight it, what ever it is. Determination
will get you just as far as medicine in many cases.

I'll pray for you tonight,

Wes

In 1948 my Dad broke his right heel in a logging mishap, they gave him
a 10% chance of walking again. Five years latter he didn't even limp.
In1988 I broke my right heel by falling 3 feet off a ladder, "they"
said I might never walk again, but, two years latter, Junior said he
liked it better when I limped because he could keep up to me.
In 2008, you can beat it too!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

Ascending aortic aneurysm.

A sporting proposition no less! Experience of the surgeon will be even more
important as well as the post-op care.
You have my best wishes.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
That's funny. They gave ME a lifetime warranty on my heart valve. ;-)

I know it's a no brainer. It's just hard to report for it now knowing
what's going to happen. Last time, the hardest thing was to crawl from
the gurney to the table. They couldn't get an IV started, so had given
me no happy juice in the two hours I got there previous to surgery. They
wouldn't slide me for some reason. I was having second thoughts. A
minute later, ten people were on me, and a minute after that, I was
asleep.

Well, I am sure the valve is in pristine condition. It's the stitching
holding it...:-)
Seriously, reading between the lines I am guessing re-do mitral valve?
Maybe with the left ventricle a tad banged up? Maybe a bypass or three on
top?
I agree, no picnic!
On the positive side this time you should have a buttload of central lines
in so the happy juice should not be a problem. You can still walk into a
doctor office, throw keys about and pick them up - so I suspect the valve
is not infected and you are not in a hospital bed gasping for breath (or
on a ventilator) and as such in better shape to withstand the ordeal. Also
this is probably the best researched and documented branch of medicine
there is so your treatment is more likely to be based on hard facts than
on unsupported opinons.
I trust you are having this done in a place where they do many of these
every year.
I do not know if any of this is cheering you up. Just say and I shall shut
up. Or e-mail me privately if you want to talk details. I am here.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Ascending aortic aneurysm.