Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
W. Stief W. Stief is offline

Default Well .........

SteveB wrote:
"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:04:09 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

I have been diagnosed with a very serious condition. The last
surgery in this area was 8.5 hours. This one will involve another
open heart. The outlook is not good.

It has been a pleasure to participate here and meet people and
share ideas and barbs and jabs. I will probably be coming and
going in the near future.
Doctors Monday and Wednesday and after that, I just don't know.

Remember me. I'll always remember you.

Steve

Not long ago I was told that my risk was 5X to 6X normal because of
the extent of the damage. I asked what my risk was if I didn't have
the surgery. Euphmemistically, it was zero risk: I'd be history
within hours.

Well, hell, that made it a nobrainer, right?

I then figured that I'd had one hell of a good life up to that point;
more could be better but only if it was good. Nobody ever issued any
warranties so I certainly didn't feel cheated.

May the remainder of your life, however long that might be, be
pleasant and enjoyable.

That's funny. They gave ME a lifetime warranty on my heart valve.
;-)

I know it's a no brainer. It's just hard to report for it now knowing
what's going to happen. Last time, the hardest thing was to crawl
from the gurney to the table. They couldn't get an IV started, so
had given me no happy juice in the two hours I got there previous to
surgery. They wouldn't slide me for some reason. I was having
second thoughts. A minute later, ten people were on me, and a minute
after that, I was asleep.

Steve

Best wishes.
"ten people were on me", They learned that from the Japanese; "JIT";
"just in time".

Whew
It works, just not the best for cars,
But you're not a car, right?