Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One hour timer motor, anyone??

Hi people,

I need to have some stuff turn on for 30 minutes then off for 30
minutes all day and night.

I plan on a simple cam and a micro switch, but I need a 1-RPH motor to
drive it. I have searched the surplus places I know and drawn a blank.

Anyone know where I might get a 1-Rev Per HOUR small asynchronous gear
motor?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave, I can't do that wrote:
Hi people,

I need to have some stuff turn on for 30 minutes then off for 30
minutes all day and night.

I plan on a simple cam and a micro switch, but I need a 1-RPH motor to
drive it. I have searched the surplus places I know and drawn a blank.

Anyone know where I might get a 1-Rev Per HOUR small asynchronous gear
motor?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Grab an old AC electric clock and slap the cam on the minute hand shaft?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave, I can't do that wrote:

Hi people,

I need to have some stuff turn on for 30 minutes then off for 30
minutes all day and night.

I plan on a simple cam and a micro switch, but I need a 1-RPH motor to
drive it. I have searched the surplus places I know and drawn a blank.

Anyone know where I might get a 1-Rev Per HOUR small asynchronous gear
motor?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Or, Didja try eBay?

http://tinyurl.com/6hvege

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dave, I can't do that" wrote in message
Hi people,

I need to have some stuff turn on for 30 minutes then off for 30
minutes all day and night.

I plan on a simple cam and a micro switch, but I need a 1-RPH motor to
drive it. I have searched the surplus places I know and drawn a blank.

Anyone know where I might get a 1-Rev Per HOUR small asynchronous gear
motor?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi Dave

Is it impractical to use a timer, like sold at the garden department at
Home Depot?

Jerry

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dave, I can't do that" wrote:

Hi people,

I need to have some stuff turn on for 30 minutes then off for 30
minutes all day and night.

I plan on a simple cam and a micro switch, but I need a 1-RPH motor to
drive it. I have searched the surplus places I know and drawn a blank.

Anyone know where I might get a 1-Rev Per HOUR small asynchronous gear
motor?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Herbach & Rademan $18.95 for a standard clock type gear reduction timer
motor.

http://www.herbach.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HAR&Product_Cod e=H1-33&Category_Code=SYNCTIME

http://www.herbach.com/ and enter Item # H1-33 if the link doesn't work.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Dave, I can't do that wrote:
Hi people,

I need to have some stuff turn on for 30 minutes then off for 30
minutes all day and night.

I plan on a simple cam and a micro switch, but I need a 1-RPH motor to
drive it. I have searched the surplus places I know and drawn a blank.

Anyone know where I might get a 1-Rev Per HOUR small asynchronous gear
motor?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Grab an old AC electric clock and slap the cam on the minute hand shaft?

Jeff

In the UK we can get the likes of this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...C=SO&U=strat15
some as cheap as £4, electronic programmable versions are available as
well for a bit more. I would have though these would be available in the
US as well to suit US mains plugs. Are they not suitable.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hi all,

Thanks to Jeff, Jerry, Michale and David.

All good suggestions and as Micheal from the UK indicated, I found a
timer with 48 on-offs per 24 hours.

Appreciate the help.

And Jeff, thanks but no thanks with the ebay. Been there done that and
did not like the experiences at all, it seems impossible to contact
anyone there in a timely fashion.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"
And Jeff, thanks but no thanks with the ebay. Been there done that and
did not like the experiences at all, it seems impossible to contact
anyone there in a timely fashion.

Dave"

I am a powerseller on Ebay with 100% feedback and take my customers
seriously. Selling equipment mainly, I recently tried to purchase NEW
car speakers on the site and got the runaround from seller for two
weeks only to find out they were on back order. Makes me sad when I
hear people don't like the site because I try so hard to do a good job
while some sellers are terrible. Anyways good luck with timer, best
regards, Jim.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

texasjim1093 wrote:
"

And Jeff, thanks but no thanks with the ebay. Been there done that and
did not like the experiences at all, it seems impossible to contact
anyone there in a timely fashion.

Dave"

I am a powerseller on Ebay with 100% feedback and take my customers
seriously. Selling equipment mainly, I recently tried to purchase NEW
car speakers on the site and got the runaround from seller for two
weeks only to find out they were on back order. Makes me sad when I
hear people don't like the site because I try so hard to do a good job
while some sellers are terrible. Anyways good luck with timer, best
regards, Jim.

I've been buying (and occasionally selling) stuff on eBay for over 8
years, including quite a few purchases from sellers outside the USA.

In all that time and several hundred transactions I've only been shafted
once, by someone in Brooklyn who advertised a small carving as being
ivory and shipped me a piece of molded plastic junk. I returned it to
them, but never got a refund, and that seller's account was canceled by
eBay a couple of weeks after that. Fortunately I think I lost less than
$20 on that deal.

So, on new balance, I'm happy with my dealings through eBay.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 10:04:57 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor qualm,
texasjim1093 quickly quoth:

"
And Jeff, thanks but no thanks with the ebay. Been there done that and
did not like the experiences at all, it seems impossible to contact
anyone there in a timely fashion.

Dave"

I am a powerseller on Ebay with 100% feedback and take my customers
seriously. Selling equipment mainly, I recently tried to purchase NEW
car speakers on the site and got the runaround from seller for two
weeks only to find out they were on back order. Makes me sad when I
hear people don't like the site because I try so hard to do a good job
while some sellers are terrible. Anyways good luck with timer, best
regards, Jim.

Schucks Auto Parts recently had Roadmaster (Chiwanese) car speakers on
sale for $20/pair. I got 3 sets. Two sets (4-1/4" and 6x9") for
replacement speakers in the Bose 501s for my stereo. And another set
for rear speakers in the doors or back of cab in my Tundra. The
reconing for the speakers in the Bose pair was $100 a pop and I needed
all 6 speakers done.

These ears of mine aren't what they used to be, but I can hear
distortion too clearly. The new 3-way pups work just fine and have
far, far less distortion than the old dissolving cones in the 30+ year
old speakers.

--
Jewish Zen:
Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already?