Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default One hour timer motor, anyone??

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Dave, I can't do that wrote:
Hi people,

I need to have some stuff turn on for 30 minutes then off for 30
minutes all day and night.

I plan on a simple cam and a micro switch, but I need a 1-RPH motor to
drive it. I have searched the surplus places I know and drawn a blank.

Anyone know where I might get a 1-Rev Per HOUR small asynchronous gear
motor?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Grab an old AC electric clock and slap the cam on the minute hand shaft?

Jeff

In the UK we can get the likes of this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...C=SO&U=strat15
some as cheap as £4, electronic programmable versions are available as
well for a bit more. I would have though these would be available in the
US as well to suit US mains plugs. Are they not suitable.