Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing machine timer and timer motor question.

Please refer to the following document for this question.

http://www3.sears.com/imaging/ImageP...tleID=00002 &

Washing machine cycles not finishing, timer/dial not moving. Looking
at the diagram....Part number 19 is a timer. Part number 18 which is
not pictured is a time motor. Do I need the timer or timer motor? Is
there any way to test which one I need?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fred wrote:

Please refer to the following document for this question.

http://www3.sears.com/imaging/ImageP...tleID=00002 &

Washing machine cycles not finishing, timer/dial not moving. Looking
at the diagram....Part number 19 is a timer. Part number 18 which is
not pictured is a time motor. Do I need the timer or timer motor? Is
there any way to test which one I need?

In a previous lifetime, I used to work for Sears parts. I seem to recall that
although the timer and motor were listed separately, for most models you could
only buy the assemby that contains both. You might try actually putting both
numbers in your web basket and see what happens at checkout.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever."
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 22 Apr 2007 19:06:35 -0700, Fred wrote:

Please refer to the following document for this question.

http://www3.sears.com/imaging/ImageP...tleID=00002 &

Washing machine cycles not finishing, timer/dial not moving. Looking
at the diagram....Part number 19 is a timer. Part number 18 which is
not pictured is a time motor. Do I need the timer or timer motor? Is
there any way to test which one I need?

Don't forget that it might be neither. Do you get 110volts at the
motor? When the knob is pulled out?

Don't fall into the trap of thinking only in terms of components, and
not about the wires and conectors that go between them.

One thing you can do perhaps, is remove the motor and run it outside
the machine, making sure any on/off switch is on. If it doesn''t turn
you need a motor. I assume you have to take out the motor and timer
to get to the timer. It's probably easier to take out just the motor,
or if not, no harder to take out one or both.

I made an AC cord with rubber-covered alligator clips on the ends of
both wires. Helpful for things like this. But unplug the washer so
you don't have it connected in two ways at once.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Fred" wrote in message
ups.com...
Please refer to the following document for this question.

http://www3.sears.com/imaging/ImageP...tleID=00002 &

Washing machine cycles not finishing, timer/dial not moving. Looking
at the diagram....Part number 19 is a timer. Part number 18 which is
not pictured is a time motor. Do I need the timer or timer motor? Is
there any way to test which one I need?

In most cases, the motor goes before anything else. Take the motor out,
connect it to a power source, and see if it turns. If no, buy a new motor.
It should turn slow, some of these are only two RPM. The motor is listed
at $61, the timer assembly at $92.
.. You can find out what is offered at www.repairclinic.com

Specifically http://www.repairclinic.com/0080.asp?PageNum=1