Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finally found non-dorky and comfortable safety glasses.

Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky. I finally found these. They
are from McMaster-Carr and cost under $10.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Safety-Glasses/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:09:16 -0600, Ignoramus10223 wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky.

So you're happy with Lasik? how much and how out of norm was your
correction?

Just a matter of time,
Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-21, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:09:16 -0600, Ignoramus10223 wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky.

So you're happy with Lasik? how much and how out of norm was your
correction?

I am happy, I can read from afar etc. Sometimes I get dryness in my
eyes (I would say one day out of 5). My vision is not perfect (like it
was when I was 5), but it is very good and very satisfactory.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 20, 4:09 pm, Ignoramus10223 ignoramus10...@NOSPAM.
10223.invalid wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky. I finally found these. They
are from McMaster-Carr and cost under $10.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Safety-Glasses/

I get similar ones at an independant motorcycle parts place. Some but
not all of our NAPA parts stores carry them.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus10223 wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky. I finally found these. They

Yeah, don't look dorky like this chump

http://igor.chudov.com/weightloss/2005-06-08.jpg

are from McMaster-Carr and cost under $10.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Safety-Glasses/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-21, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus10223 wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky. I finally found these. They

Yeah, don't look dorky like this chump

http://igor.chudov.com/weightloss/2005-06-08.jpg

Yes, I do not think that I would qualify as Mr Universe!

How about posting your real name and picture here so that we can
admire you?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-21, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus10223 wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky. I finally found these. They

Yeah, don't look dorky like this chump

http://igor.chudov.com/weightloss/2005-06-08.jpg

Yes, I do not think that I would qualify as Mr Universe!

How about posting your real name and picture here so that we can
admire you?

Iggy- He's in Chicago. Sorta cocky guy but he helped me out with some tough
Solaris DHCP stuff in a UNIX forum.. I might have trolled him in on a
cross-linked post. Don't worry about the glasses. I keep that pair of Dewalt
ones with a chunk of slag burned right into the lens from flamecutting as a
reminder. I don't care if I look like Rosie O'Donnell in them. One time you
forget them. You better get a Braille keyboard and a seeing eye machinist
dog that can compile. I'm still fighting the DRO in UNIX BTW. I'm going to
run the PC/PCI card on an Ultra 10... Last resort..... PRO E is all the
balls I need. Let him put up or shut up.... Most of the serious Geeks are
using Diet Coke as mouthwash and live on Frito's and resemble the Comic Book
Guy from the Simpson's... Oh, maybe mention you were in the Army and
SERVED!!!

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-21, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus10223 wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky. I finally found these. They

Yeah, don't look dorky like this chump

http://igor.chudov.com/weightloss/2005-06-08.jpg

Yes, I do not think that I would qualify as Mr Universe!

How about posting your real name and picture here so that we can
admire you?

I don't use the internet as a cheap way to show off, collect back patting
or gain approval. I'm not a realty agent or politician, so I don't need
plaster my face and name all over the place. I don't play the show me
yours and I'll show you mine game, so you can quit asking for my photos.

In the end, posting a pic with the hiked up shorts, hillarious stance and
camo tshirt next to some kiddie electrocution accident pool it pretty
hillarious, and even funnier when after posting that to the internet for
everybody to see, you mention you need fashionable protective eye wear so
you don't look silly.

You'd have to be kidding if you're not joking at all, or are really that
humorless about the things you do.

Again, I chose not to post stupid photos and my name all over the internet
in the first place, then cry when people notice and laugh at me. If you
don't like the spotlight you create for yourself, you can always stop
setting yourself up to be noticed. Obviously though, you're trying pretty
hard to get a huge audience in the first place.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-21, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus10223 wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky. I finally found these. They

Yeah, don't look dorky like this chump

http://igor.chudov.com/weightloss/2005-06-08.jpg

Yes, I do not think that I would qualify as Mr Universe!

How about posting your real name and picture here so that we can
admire you?

I don't use the internet as a cheap way to show off, collect back
patting or gain approval. I'm not a realty agent or politician, so
I don't need plaster my face and name all over the place. I don't
play the show me yours and I'll show you mine game, so you can quit
asking for my photos.

Ah, I see. And yet you love to comment negatively on appearance of
others.

In the end, posting a pic with the hiked up shorts, hillarious stance and
camo tshirt next to some kiddie electrocution accident pool it pretty
hillarious, and even funnier when after posting that to the internet for
everybody to see, you mention you need fashionable protective eye wear so
you don't look silly.

You'd have to be kidding if you're not joking at all, or are really that
humorless about the things you do.

Again, I chose not to post stupid photos and my name all over the internet
in the first place, then cry when people notice and laugh at me. If you
don't like the spotlight you create for yourself, you can always stop
setting yourself up to be noticed. Obviously though, you're trying pretty
hard to get a huge audience in the first place.

I think that your attempts to get negative attention, do not result in
as much negative attention as you would have hoped. But keep trying.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus4770 wrote:
On 2007-11-21, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus10223 wrote:
[...]

I'd say you struck a nerve there my friend.......

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Are you old enough to have presbyopia? Meaning, now that you're far
sighted, do you need reading glasses for close work like I do now? I
went from having several expensive progressive lens sets of glasses to
cheap "readers" of various powers scattered about the house. But
outside, I can see deer much farther that I could with glasses. Yum!

David

Lasik, if done properly, does not result in far sightedness. It should
make the eye(s) emmetropic, that is, no refractive error.

Presbyopia begins at age 16 or so, but does not become an inconvenience
for most people until the mid-forties.

Ted

--
Ted Bennett
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R. Birch" wrote:

Ted Bennett wrote:
Are you old enough to have presbyopia? Meaning, now that you're
far sighted, do you need reading glasses for close work like I do
now? I went from having several expensive progressive lens sets
of glasses to cheap "readers" of various powers scattered about
the house. But outside, I can see deer much farther that I could
with glasses. Yum!

David

Lasik, if done properly, does not result in far sightedness. It
should make the eye(s) emmetropic, that is, no refractive error.

Prior to LASIK, I was myopic, unable to see clearly beyond about 20
inches. After, I can see clearly at long distance, but need
correction for close work within about 30 inches. How is this
different from being farsighted?

You are presbyopic, not farsighted. LASIK removes myopia or hyperopia.

A farsighted eye must adjust its focus to keep the best focussed image
on the retina, for all distances. Presbyopia gradually reduces the
amplitude of that accommodation, so it first affects close work but
eventually reduces distance vision. The eye essentially becomes a
fixed-focus instrument by the mid sixties. The loss of accommodation
begins in the teen years and becomes apparent in the forties, but
earlier in a far sighted eye as it has to work harder to focus at all
distances.

Presbyopia begins at age 16 or so, but does not become an
inconvenience for most people until the mid-forties.

I had no signs of presbyopia until I was 40. Over a period of about 6
months, I went from a single correction lens to needing bifocals, then
progressive lens.

Typical. Your LASIK procedure, by eliminating your myopia, meant that
you then had to supply more accommodation for close work, making your
presbyopia a larger issue.

Ted

--
Ted Bennett
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:36:20 -0800, Ted Bennett wrote:
"David R. Birch" wrote:

I had no signs of presbyopia until I was 40. Over a period of about 6
months, I went from a single correction lens to needing bifocals, then
progressive lens.

Typical. Your LASIK procedure, by eliminating your myopia, meant that
you then had to supply more accommodation for close work, making your
presbyopia a larger issue.

The good news is, it brings your correction back to spherical, so you
can buy your reading glasses at Walgreens.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-21, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus10223 wrote:
Since Lasik surgery, I have been looking hard for safety glasses that
were comfortable and did not look dorky. I finally found these. They

Yeah, don't look dorky like this chump

http://igor.chudov.com/weightloss/2005-06-08.jpg

Yes, I do not think that I would qualify as Mr Universe!

How about posting your real name and picture here so that we can
admire you?

I don't use the internet as a cheap way to show off, collect back
patting or gain approval. I'm not a realty agent or politician, so
I don't need plaster my face and name all over the place. I don't
play the show me yours and I'll show you mine game, so you can quit
asking for my photos.

Ah, I see. And yet you love to comment negatively on appearance of
others.

If they look stupid, I'll call it as I see it.

[...]

I'm sure you broke out a military surplus negative attention meter to
determine all that.

I can't wait to hear your next question for group. Maybe it will be
something like "I have some wood and nails and a hammer. How should I
drive the nails into the wood?".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-22, David R. Birch wrote:
Are you old enough to have presbyopia? Meaning, now that you're far
sighted, do you need reading glasses for close work like I do now? I
went from having several expensive progressive lens sets of glasses to
cheap "readers" of various powers scattered about the house. But
outside, I can see deer much farther that I could with glasses. Yum!

I do not think that I have farsightedness, I think that my vision is
balanced bwteeen near vision and far vision, but I have yet to form a
complete impression.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R. Birch" wrote:

You are presbyopic, not farsighted. LASIK removes myopia or
hyperopia.

A farsighted eye must adjust its focus to keep the best focussed
image on the retina, for all distances.

How is this different from vision with neither myopia nor hyperopia?

A hyperopic eye, when looking at a distant object, will form a focus not
on the retina, unless accommodation is used. That is not the case for a
myopic eye or an eye with neither myopia nor hyperopia.

When looking at a near object, a hyperopic eye will need to focus more
to bring the image onto the retina, compared to a myopic eye or an
emmetropic eye.

--
Ted Bennett

safety glasses/bifocals cj Metalworking 3 November 22nd 07 01:55 AM
safety glasses Paul Oman Home Repair 11 September 5th 06 07:19 AM
Anti foq safety glasses Mark UK diy 21 February 1st 06 07:34 PM
a-HA, found 'em .. safety reading glasses Grant Erwin Metalworking 8 January 7th 05 02:23 PM