Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cj cj is offline

Default safety glasses/bifocals

greetings, as the years pile on and the prints get smaller i find myself
in need of a pair of safety/bifocals and after searching online i found
these..http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf2.html. just curios as to
anyone might have a little info on this brand or any others that work or
dont work (easily scratched)
thanks cj

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

greetings, as the years pile on and the prints get smaller i find myself
in need of a pair of safety/bifocals and after searching online i found

Gettin' old ain't for pussies.

I find I can only use tempered glass lenses. Anything else just gets
scratched right up. I go to Sears and get a safety glass frame and put
bifocals in them. Not strictly a safety glass, but I've been popped in the
eye pretty hard and the glass took it and protected me.

Karl

P.S. With transition, bifocal, tempered glass, and safety frame; they ain't
cheap. over $300 for this pair.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm in the shop a lot, supervising students but not actually getting
that close to the machines. I use hardened glass lenses in my regular
trifocals, then add some z87.1 side shields I got from McMaster. P/N
2571T1 at $4.43 a pair. Not as good as real safety glasses but a lot
more practical for me.

cj wrote:
greetings, as the years pile on and the prints get smaller i find myself
in need of a pair of safety/bifocals and after searching online i found
these..http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf2.html. just curios as to
anyone might have a little info on this brand or any others that work or
dont work (easily scratched)
thanks cj

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AHS AHS is offline

No matter what coating they have, they will scratch easily. I've found that
most scratches are due to operator behavior. My bifocals have a 2nd bifocal
at the top, great for working under an auto lift.

To avoid most scratches I suggest:
+ clean by washing then air dry
+ don't lay them lens side down
+ don't let the temples touch the lenses

Many recommend a soft carrying bag that can double as a wiping cloth. Be
aware that the temples may/will touch while in the bag. I clip the temples
together with a small binder clip before inserting into the bag. I get a
good life out of mine by following these tips.

"cj" wrote in message
greetings, as the years pile on and the prints get smaller i find myself
in need of a pair of safety/bifocals and after searching online i found
these..http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf2.html. just curios as to
anyone might have a little info on this brand or any others that work or
dont work (easily scratched)
thanks cj

Safety 2.25 bifocals Toller Woodworking 20 April 21st 07 04:10 AM
safety glasses Paul Oman Home Repair 11 September 5th 06 07:19 AM
Anti foq safety glasses Mark UK diy 21 February 1st 06 07:34 PM
Dust Masks & Safety Glasses Peter Woodturning 7 October 22nd 03 04:14 AM