Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bulletproof AR15 bolt

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 22:00:24 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:57:03 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

snip

When I was a kid it was fun to shoot .22s into blocks of plasticine,
however.

Ballistics gelletin is much better. Plasticine tends to "heal up"

Yeah, but at age 11, we didn't have no steenking ballistic gelatine. We had
clay, and used woodchucks.

http://www.myscienceproject.org/gelatin.html

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.customca rtridge.com%2Fpdfs%2FBallisticGel.pdf&ei=DhQLR_DrH KbEgQOqqZCzCA&usg=AFQjCNF_RCPPQoECqanirnCKu-Tiw80UUg&sig2=dQxKCwZJagzkxl14jJt--g

http://www.vyse.com/

Red Mist

http://www.richardscustomrifles.com/ghv8.jpg

http://www.gunmuse.com/gun-greats/in...a=stats&id=101

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I like guns as much as the next person but wouldn't the jello better
be used for Jello wrestling?
http://www.jellowrestling.com/
Oh No! The off topic police are after me now for sure.
Karl

wrote:

snip

When I was a kid it was fun to shoot .22s into blocks of plasticine,
however.

Ballistics gelletin is much better. Plasticine tends to "heal up"

Yeah, but at age 11, we didn't have no steenking ballistic gelatine. We had
clay, and used woodchucks.

http://www.myscienceproject.org/gelatin.html

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.custo...

http://www.vyse.com/

Red Mist

http://www.richardscustomrifles.com/ghv8.jpg

http://www.gunmuse.com/gun-greats/in...a=stats&id=101

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:42:50 -0000, with neither quill nor qualm,
" quickly quoth:

I like guns as much as the next person but wouldn't the jello better
be used for Jello wrestling?
http://www.jellowrestling.com/

Yes!

Oh No! The off topic police are after me now for sure.
Karl

So are the TopPosting Police, you guajalote!

On Oct 8, 7:47 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 22:00:24 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

--much snippage--

--
Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire
is that which he exercises over himself.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
"Ed Huntress" wrote on Mon, 8 Oct 2007
08:15:16 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .
After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner Asch wrote on Sun, 07 Oct 2007
01:44:10 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

As Bruce said..it would be worth while checking out impulse time /gas
port pressure time and sampling size. Some piezo sensors on the gas
block with comparisons with both the 5.56 and the Grendal, using

Move the sensors down to the locking lug area of the barrel and check
not only chamber pressure time/locking lug spikes, but the same on
relocking. Its possible that relocking too fast could be an issue.
Might need a softer spring and a buffer.

Shrug

Wish I had some time and hardware....

You just want a reason to shoot guns, and have someone else pick up
the ammo bill.

What's wrong with that? d8-)

Nutin.

Reminds me of conversation some years ago, which went sideways into
a discussion on how to set up a series of experiments to test some
alleged effective sexual trivia.

What's wrong with that? d8-)

Nutin, honey. We were trying to see if we could phrase it so we
could get a government grant or two. Science, health, art, we weren't
too sure which was the better route. Probably all three.

"This is not a brouhahahaha! This is Science!"

Ha. Have you ever read a technical article on terminal ballistics? That's
goat abuse disguised as science.

"As long as you don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."

Or was that said about the sexual experiments??

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

snip

When I was a kid it was fun to shoot .22s into blocks of plasticine,
however.

Ballistics gelletin is much better. Plasticine tends to "heal up"

Yeah, but at age 11, we didn't have no steenking ballistic gelatine. We
had
clay, and used woodchucks.

http://www.myscienceproject.org/gelatin.html

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.customca rtridge.com%2Fpdfs%2FBallisticGel.pdf&ei=DhQLR_DrH KbEgQOqqZCzCA&usg=AFQjCNF_RCPPQoECqanirnCKu-Tiw80UUg&sig2=dQxKCwZJagzkxl14jJt--g

http://www.vyse.com/

Red Mist

http://www.richardscustomrifles.com/ghv8.jpg

http://www.gunmuse.com/gun-greats/in...a=stats&id=101

Gunner

Uh, thanks, Gunner. If I'm ever 11 years old again and looking for fun, I'll
have these to fall back on. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I like guns as much as the next person but wouldn't the jello better
be used for Jello wrestling?

Jello is not gelatin, though it has some in it.

Gunner

wrote:

snip

When I was a kid it was fun to shoot .22s into blocks of plasticine,
however.

Ballistics gelletin is much better. Plasticine tends to "heal up"

Yeah, but at age 11, we didn't have no steenking ballistic gelatine. We had
clay, and used woodchucks.

http://www.myscienceproject.org/gelatin.html

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.custo...

http://www.vyse.com/

Red Mist

http://www.richardscustomrifles.com/ghv8.jpg

http://www.gunmuse.com/gun-greats/in...a=stats&id=101

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:00:57 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

Besides..Vagina Monologs was already taken...

"This is not a brouhahahaha! This is Science!"

Ha. Have you ever read a technical article on terminal ballistics? That's
goat abuse disguised as science.

"As long as you don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."

Or was that said about the sexual experiments??

tschus
pyotr

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Shucks Ed...its fun for all ages.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, but as a former shooter and friend of mine once said, as he got older
he started looking for higher quality fun. Shooting is fun, and I still
enjoy it, but it no longer captivates me the way it did when I was a kid.

I could unfairly stereotype the fascination by pointing out that the author
of one of the links you pointed to above, who made the homemade ballistic
gelatin, also has a site that answers the question, "How many condoms can
you put on a dildo, and what does it look like when you're done?"

This is a question with some ethereal interest and I was curious to see what
the dildo looked like when he got 625 condoms on it (they weighed 2-1/4 lb,
total). However, the fascination is fleeting at best. It could be that the
author of both of those pages has an ability to be fascinated by things that
more quickly lose their charm for the average person.

These days I seem to enjoy shooting more when I do less of it. I don't get
burnout that way.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques asked the magic question:

Couldn't they make up their minds between maximum and average? sigh
PSI sure has had some competition. We also have psi, psig, and psia.
What would Nick Danger, Third Eye, say about this brouhaha?

"My nostrils flared at the scent of his perfume: Pyramid Patchouli.
There was only one joker in L.A. sensitive enough to wear *that*
scent...and I had to find out who he was!"

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner Asch wrote on Tue, 09 Oct 2007
10:09:57 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
"Gunner Asch" wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 22:00:24 -0400, "Ed wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:57:03 -0400, "Ed wrote:

snip

When I was a kid it was fun to shoot .22s into blocks of plasticine,
however.

Ballistics gelletin is much better. Plasticine tends to "heal up"

Yeah, but at age 11, we didn't have no steenking ballistic gelatine. We had
clay, and used woodchucks.

Gunner

Uh, thanks, Gunner. If I'm ever 11 years old again and looking for fun, I'll
have these to fall back on. d8-)

Shucks Ed...its fun for all ages..

Never too late to have a happy childhood.

And this time, I'll have the money to buy my own toys! Mine!

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "
Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD
(A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner Asch wrote on Tue, 09 Oct 2007
10:09:25 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:
Reminds me of conversation some years ago, which went sideways into
a discussion on how to set up a series of experiments to test some
alleged effective sexual trivia.

What's wrong with that? d8-)

Nutin, honey. We were trying to see if we could phrase it so we
could get a government grant or two. Science, health, art, we weren't
too sure which was the better route. Probably all three.

Besides..Vagina Monologs was already taken...

As a plain speaking sort of girlfriend would have said "yech, who
wants to listen to talking ****s?"

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "
Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD
(A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:46:40 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques asked the magic question:

Couldn't they make up their minds between maximum and average? sigh
PSI sure has had some competition. We also have psi, psig, and psia.
What would Nick Danger, Third Eye, say about this brouhaha?

"My nostrils flared at the scent of his perfume: Pyramid Patchouli.
There was only one joker in L.A. sensitive enough to wear *that*
scent...and I had to find out who he was!"

"Better get your mucklucks out of the cellophane before they scorch."

--
Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire
is that which he exercises over himself.
-- Elie Wiesel
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques spoke thusly:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:46:40 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques asked the magic question:

Couldn't they make up their minds between maximum and average? sigh
PSI sure has had some competition. We also have psi, psig, and psia.
What would Nick Danger, Third Eye, say about this brouhaha?

"My nostrils flared at the scent of his perfume: Pyramid Patchouli.
There was only one joker in L.A. sensitive enough to wear *that*
scent...and I had to find out who he was!"

"Better get your mucklucks out of the cellophane before they scorch."

Not Nick but Ralph:

"This car is *full* of factory air - conditioned air from our fully
factory - air - conditioned factory."

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to Gunner Asch :

[ ... ]

Personally..Id buy one. They are cheap, and properly head treated and
made of the proper materials.

Well ... this is about as far back in the thread as I can go at
the moment to post this.

Mostly -- every time I see the subject line above, I keep
thinking "But shouldn't the bullet be going the other direction -- away
from the bolt?" :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Uh, thanks, Gunner. If I'm ever 11 years old again and looking for fun, I'll
have these to fall back on. d8-)

Shucks Ed...its fun for all ages..

Never too late to have a happy childhood.

And this time, I'll have the money to buy my own toys! Mine!

Absolutely!

Nice, and close by...
http://www.sailingtexas.com/scatalina36e.html

But...
http://www.sailingtexas.com/scatalina42d.html

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 02:59:42 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques spoke thusly:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:46:40 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques asked the magic question:

Couldn't they make up their minds between maximum and average? sigh
PSI sure has had some competition. We also have psi, psig, and psia.
What would Nick Danger, Third Eye, say about this brouhaha?

"My nostrils flared at the scent of his perfume: Pyramid Patchouli.
There was only one joker in L.A. sensitive enough to wear *that*
scent...and I had to find out who he was!"

"Better get your mucklucks out of the cellophane before they scorch."

Not Nick but Ralph:

"This car is *full* of factory air - conditioned air from our fully
factory - air - conditioned factory."

I got a free elephant ride just for going to see Ralp Spoilsport
Motors!

And the automated voice in the motorhome "Apple Valley Condoms. If you
lived here, you'd be home by now."

--
Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire
is that which he exercises over himself.
-- Elie Wiesel
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques is widely believed to have said:
(...)

I got a free elephant ride just for going to see Ralp Spoilsport
Motors!

And the automated voice in the motorhome "Apple Valley Condoms. If you
lived here, you'd be home by now."

You win! :0) I'll give the thread back now.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 03:48:04 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 02:59:42 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques spoke thusly:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:46:40 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques asked the magic question:

Couldn't they make up their minds between maximum and average? sigh
PSI sure has had some competition. We also have psi, psig, and psia.
What would Nick Danger, Third Eye, say about this brouhaha?

"My nostrils flared at the scent of his perfume: Pyramid Patchouli.
There was only one joker in L.A. sensitive enough to wear *that*
scent...and I had to find out who he was!"

Rocky Rococo at your Cervix......

"Better get your mucklucks out of the cellophane before they scorch."

Not Nick but Ralph:

"This car is *full* of factory air - conditioned air from our fully
factory - air - conditioned factory."

I got a free elephant ride just for going to see Ralp Spoilsport
Motors!

And the automated voice in the motorhome "Apple Valley Condoms. If you
lived here, you'd be home by now."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

"Apple Valley Condoms, 1 mile.
Apple Valley Condoms, 1/2 mile.
Apple Valley Condoms, 1/4 mile.
Apple Valley Condoms, 1/8 mile.
Apple Valley Condoms, 1/16 mile.
Apple Valley Condoms, 1/32 mile.
Apple Valley Condoms, 1/64 mile.
Apple Valley Condoms, 1/128 mile."

"Sound of someone falling down stairs.

Nick: “Uh. Where am I?”

Sound of someone slapping someone else.

Nancy (in a falsetto voice): “Nicky, Nick, Nick, Nick. Are you alright?”

Nick: “Uh, yes.”

Nancy: “Then stop slapping me.”

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:55:55 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

wrote:

[...]

No, "Antelope Freeway, 1/4 mile." etc.
"Should I take the Antelope Freeway or the Gomorrah Expressway..."

"Sound of someone falling down stairs.

Nick: “Uh. Where am I?”

Sound of someone slapping someone else.

Nancy (in a falsetto voice): “Nicky, Nick, Nick, Nick. Are you alright?”

Nick: “Uh, yes.”

Nancy: “Then stop slapping me.”

"I was sitting in my office, listening to the monotonous staccato of
rain on my desktop."

--
Reading well is one of the great pleasures that solitude can afford you.
-- Harold Bloom, O Magazine, April 2003
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques opined:

No, "Antelope Freeway, 1/4 mile." etc.
"Should I take the Antelope Freeway or the Gomorrah Expressway..."

But of course. http://www.firesigntheatre.com/album...php?album=hcyb

More from the Horse:
http://www.firesigntheatre.com/albums/hcyb2.mp3

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:34:28 -0700, Larry Jaques

"Sound of someone falling down stairs.

Nick: “Uh. Where am I?”

Sound of someone slapping someone else.

Nancy (in a falsetto voice): “Nicky, Nick, Nick, Nick. Are you alright?”

Nick: “Uh, yes.”

Nancy: “Then stop slapping me.”

"I was sitting in my office, listening to the monotonous staccato of
rain on my desktop."

“Holy Mudhead, mackerel!. Morse Science High, it’s ... disappeared!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:56:19 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:34:28 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

............................................. .

"Sound of someone falling down stairs.

Nick: “Uh. Where am I?”

Sound of someone slapping someone else.

Nancy (in a falsetto voice): “Nicky, Nick, Nick, Nick. Are you alright?”

Nick: “Uh, yes.”

Nancy: “Then stop slapping me.”

"I was sitting in my office, listening to the monotonous staccato of
rain on my desktop."

“Holy Mudhead, mackerel!. Morse Science High, it’s ... disappeared!

"Who ARE you, anyway?"
"Uh, Clem. honk, honk Close 'B', Close 'Mode'."

Q: Does anyone have any idea what programming language that might have
been back in the early seventies? --LJ

--
Reading well is one of the great pleasures that solitude can afford you.
-- Harold Bloom, O Magazine, April 2003
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:39:02 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:56:19 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:34:28 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

............................................ ..

"Sound of someone falling down stairs.

Nick: “Uh. Where am I?”

Sound of someone slapping someone else.

Nancy (in a falsetto voice): “Nicky, Nick, Nick, Nick. Are you alright?”

Nick: “Uh, yes.”

Nancy: “Then stop slapping me.”

"I was sitting in my office, listening to the monotonous staccato of
rain on my desktop."

“Holy Mudhead, mackerel!. Morse Science High, it’s ... disappeared!

"Who ARE you, anyway?"
"Uh, Clem. honk, honk Close 'B', Close 'Mode'."

Q: Does anyone have any idea what programming language that might have
been back in the early seventies? --LJ

It was invented at arch rival Commie Martyr High.....

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques insisted:
(...)
“Holy Mudhead, mackerel!. Morse Science High, it’s ... disappeared!

"Who ARE you, anyway?"
"Uh, Clem. honk, honk Close 'B', Close 'Mode'."

Q: Does anyone have any idea what programming language that might have
been back in the early seventies? --LJ

COBOL could be.
--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:56:19 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:34:28 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

............................................. .

"Sound of someone falling down stairs.

Nick: "Uh. Where am I?"

Sound of someone slapping someone else.

Nancy (in a falsetto voice): "Nicky, Nick, Nick, Nick. Are you
alright?"

Nick: "Uh, yes."

Nancy: "Then stop slapping me."

"I was sitting in my office, listening to the monotonous staccato of
rain on my desktop."

"Holy Mudhead, mackerel!. Morse Science High, it's ... disappeared!

"Who ARE you, anyway?"
"Uh, Clem. honk, honk Close 'B', Close 'Mode'."

Q: Does anyone have any idea what programming language that might have
been back in the early seventies? --LJ

It was invented at arch rival Commie Martyr High.....

Aacht! That's COMMUNIST Martyr High to you!

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:36:01 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"David R. Birch" quickly quoth:

Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques asked the magic question:

Couldn't they make up their minds between maximum and average? sigh
PSI sure has had some competition. We also have psi, psig, and psia.
What would Nick Danger, Third Eye, say about this brouhaha?

"My nostrils flared at the scent of his perfume: Pyramid Patchouli.
There was only one joker in L.A. sensitive enough to wear *that*
scent...and I had to find out who he was!"

--Winston

"Rocky Rococo, at your cervix!"

"Thanks, half pint, you just saved me a lot of investigative work..."

"Maybe yes, maybe no. Do you know what THIS is?"

"That's...a pickle!"

And, later:
"The fire's in your eyes, Lieutenant Bradshaw."

--
Reading well is one of the great pleasures that solitude can afford you.
-- Harold Bloom, O Magazine, April 2003
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress:
Yeah, but at age 11, we didn't have no steenking ballistic gelatine. We had
clay, and used woodchucks.

What were they used for? Chucking wood?

And *where* would you get used woodchucks, if a woodchuck could chuck
wood?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ed Huntress:
Yeah, but at age 11, we didn't have no steenking ballistic gelatine. We
had
clay, and used woodchucks.

What were they used for? Chucking wood?

And *where* would you get used woodchucks, if a woodchuck could chuck
wood?

A used woodchuck is one that has already been terminated, usually by a .22
to .25 caliber bullet traveling at very high velocity. If you don't leave
them hanging around too long they're still good for ballistics experiments.

As for eating them, I do have a recipe that's quite good, from _Gourmet_
magazine. You have to be really careful to get the musk glands out of them,
intact. They're a little tricky that way.

--
Ed Huntress

Bolt, 10-24 Don Dando Woodworking 4 August 10th 06 04:52 PM
Bulletproof Bed - Alerting Mr Cohen! Lee Michaels Woodworking 3 November 15th 05 05:28 AM
INFO - Bulletproof Bed J T Woodworking 0 November 13th 05 01:21 AM
Why heat bolt and not around bolt? Don Metalworking 21 March 12th 04 11:07 PM