Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default todocoleccion.net.... Quite interesting!!

I was well impressed with this website. I am a keen collector of a few
items, but would like to pass this name to as many collectors as
possible, as I think it is worth having a look. They are a Spanish
based page, which have recently launched their English version....
Impressive catalogue, looks very professional. Tell me what you
think...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to Ignoramus25760 :
On 26 Sep 2007 23:21:46 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

[ ... ]

I think that whoever gave you the idea that shill spammers aren't
immediately recognizable, was lying to you. And, I think that if you
came up with this idea all on your own, that you're stupider than you
think we are.

He is even stupider than you think, because he could not spell his
domain properly.

Well ... the domain is in Spain, and that *is* the correct
spelling -- at least without the ability to put the proper accents on
the characters in plain ASCII.

I think that he even said that it started in Spanish, and was
just now adding English.

But he *is* still a shill spammer, correct spelling or no. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:28:58 +0100, Mark Rand
wrote:

Just a bit of humor........on my Forte Agent newsreader set up in what
they call a "three-panel display", the long Subject lines get
foreshortened/truncated somehow. For this one, it came as.....

14 todocoleccion.net....Q....sting!!

exclamation marks and all. Seemed appropriate.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Mine made:-
todocoleccion.net.... Quit...resting!!

Almost as good :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

All depends on the position of the vert. divider
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:18:24 -0700, wrote:
I was well impressed with this website. I am a keen collector of a few

Funny, on rec.collecting.coins, you were a "new collector" who found it
and wanted to know what we thought there as well.

Impressive catalogue, looks very professional. Tell me what you
think...

I think that whoever gave you the idea that shill spammers aren't
immediately recognizable, was lying to you. And, I think that if you
came up with this idea all on your own, that you're stupider than you
think we are.

Just a bit of humor........on my Forte Agent newsreader set up in what
they call a "three-panel display", the long Subject lines get
foreshortened/truncated somehow. For this one, it came as.....

14 todocoleccion.net....Q....sting!!

exclamation marks and all. Seemed appropriate.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Dear Brian Lawson and company!
I have been hesitating whether to reply to your comment or not, and
against some very good advice, I have decided to dedicate a few lines
to you and "your friends".
I lead a group of collectors in my home town, and we have trully
discovered, through some friends who live in Spain, the website I
mentioned in my message. It is true that I left on the same day quite
a few comments around some of google groups, but this was only due to
a discussion in our last meeting, where carried away by the new
website and very fed up of being ill-treated by a very well known
auction website, we decided to let our fellow collector colleagues
around the world to know about it.
Of course, we should not have bothered, since instead of checking out
what I was saying you decided, firstly to call me a spammer (not even
in my wildest dreams I could be something so technical!!!!!), secondly
to insult me by calling me "stupid" (glad to know that the old
traditional gentleman has given way to the coward behind
anonymity!!!!!!) and thirdly to mock about me with your
"cyberfriends".
Well, although advised not to reply..... I DO feel better!!! and I
hope you keep enjoying your tiny, self-centred world of whatever it is
you collect!!!!!!!!!
All yours!
Eleonor

Dear Eleonor,

I'm so glad you didn't listen to your friend, Eleonor, and that you
therefore do "feel better". I regularly feel the same way two or
three time a day when I accomplish physically what you do with words.
Ahh...the relief.

As to calling you "stupid", I'm sorry, but please look again. I
didn't write that word anyplace that I can see when looking back over
the original post or reply. Maybe you were reading between the
lines?!?

My reply had only to do with what showed as just the "Subject:" line
on my monitor I thought it amusing. I thought MAYBE it was spam too,
as your posting appeared on a metalworkers forum, and while there may
be the odd soul here that is a collector, it is not a forum for
collectors, nor should it be a forum for just any old pitch from you.
We get sufficient of that from our regular contributors, thank you.

Hmmmm...Thinking it over, maybe you should have listened to your
friend?

Take care.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, if it applies where you are.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to :

[ ... ]

Dear Brian Lawson and company!
I have been hesitating whether to reply to your comment or not, and
against some very good advice, I have decided to dedicate a few lines
to you and "your friends".
I lead a group of collectors in my home town, and we have trully
discovered, through some friends who live in Spain, the website I
mentioned in my message.

By which you imply that you do *not* live in Spain. But a check
of the "NNTP-Posting-Host: " header in your message shows the following:

inetnum: 88.22.37.0 - 88.26.184.255
netname: RIMA
descr: TELEFONICA DE ESPANA (NCC#2006112951)
descr: Provider Local Registry
country: ES

and "dig -x" shows that your IP resolves to:

67.Red-88-23-177.staticIP.rima-tde.net

not even a dialup -- but rather a static IP account, which suggests a
business -- or at the least, someone knowledgeable around computers.

It is true that I left on the same day quite
a few comments around some of google groups, but this was only due to
a discussion in our last meeting, where carried away by the new
website and very fed up of being ill-treated by a very well known
auction website, we decided to let our fellow collector colleagues
around the world to know about it.

And rec.crafts.metalworking is a collector site in what way? It
is a site dedicated to those who like to make things in their own shop,
not to collect things made by others.

Thus your message *is* spam -- pushing a site which is not
related to the subject of the newsgroup.

Of course, we should not have bothered, since instead of checking out
what I was saying you decided, firstly to call me a spammer (not even
in my wildest dreams I could be something so technical!!!!!),

Your static IP suggests more techinical skills than you claim,
and anyway a lot of spamers show rather poor technical skills in setting
up their e-mail spam engines (obtained from someone else).

And someone who simply goes around posting ads such as yours to
unrelated newsgroups qualifies as a spamer -- technical skills or none.

Please limit your postings to newsgroups which you *know* will
accept the subject matter. If you don't you *are* a spamer.

DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 8, 7:36 pm, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

And rec.crafts.metalworking is a collector site in what way? It
is a site dedicated to those who like to make things in their own shop,
not to collect things made by others.

Unless those others made tools, then we do like to collect them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 04:24:49 -0700, wrote:
On 27 Sep, 15:06, Brian Lawson wrote:

Just a bit of humor........on my Forte Agent newsreader set up in what
they call a "three-panel display", the long Subject lines get
foreshortened/truncated somehow. For this one, it came as.....
14 todocoleccion.net....Q....sting!!
exclamation marks and all. Seemed appropriate.

Dear Brian Lawson and company!
I have been hesitating whether to reply to your comment or not, and
against some very good advice, I have decided to dedicate a few lines
to you and "your friends".

Oh, do go away, we are on to your games and are not stupid.

I lead a group of collectors in my home town, and we have trully
discovered, through some friends who live in Spain, the website I
mentioned in my message.

Interesting that you "discovered" that which a simple 'whois' tells us
that you own.

Free hint: we're not as stupid as you. Go away.

Of course, we should not have bothered, since instead of checking out
what I was saying you decided, firstly to call me a spammer (not even
in my wildest dreams I could be something so technical!!!!!), secondly
to insult me by calling me "stupid"

Oh, no, that label still applies, even more so now that you think you
can bull**** us with a response. We've seen your type before, you see,
over and over and over, for decades. Most of them are better at it than
you are.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

I´m so sorry, but you´re going to have to read me again! I believe
your situation is worse than you think, not only you feel the need to
insult strangers, but then you have no recollection of it at all :
"And, I think that if you
came up with this idea all on your own, that you're stupider than you
think we are."

These were your exact words..... and on top of that you find some sort
of "relief" reading my words,,,,,, honestly, objectively and from the
outside: it doesn´t look good!!! Shame you are not a collector,,, you
might find a bit more sense in your life... and it might improve your
memory....
Anyway... the only thing that makes sense in your message is the
information that there are not many collectors around here,,, so I
will take the hint and leave you to a better life!!
PS. No thanks giving here... I´m in England...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:35:17 -0700, wrote:

PS. No thanks giving here... I´m in England...

That's because England has nothing to be thankful for.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hey again Eleonor,

Ahhhh.... I think I see your problem. You are confusing what "I"
wrote, with what "I" was replying to !! On my screen at the moment,
there are 4 distinct, or at least visible, sets of the right-pointing
angle bracket or the equation symbol 'greater-than' . Is it
possible you either don't have those, or don't "read them"?

The last reply will have a single one in front of each line of text.
The reply preceding the last one will have two , and so on. At the
moment, I have text showing from like this

I was well impressed .........

indicating a reply four generations old (to me now),

right down to

PS. No thanks giving here... I´m in England..

which is the last line of the last reply I'm reading, and that is of
course from you.

Now that I do see the quotation that upset you, I hope that you will
note that "I" didn't write that. Once again, my first reply was
intended to be humorous, and was about what I saw on my client page,
rather than anything in the message text. So, look back over your
postings and see where I fit in. My reply was somewhat after the line
that offended you.

It is just co-incidental that my first reply, although it was not
directed to you, was about "you" ! Although it was not co-incidental
that it was about a stranger (which in this case did turn out to be
"you") coming into our midst, that, from the text I was reading,
didn't seem to belong here. Not that this person/writer/poster
wouldn't be welcome here, but it isn't normal to welcome someone whose
first appearance seems to be critical or berating of the original
group!

So, suit yourself. Stay and be nice. Stay and be a thorn. Stay
away. All choices YOU must make. I'm not sorry, because I did nothing
to be sorry for, but for which I stand accused by you. And I'm not
sorry that I can't or won't apologize for anyone suggesting you
are/were something that only you should be deciding, which is : Are
you "stupider", or not?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

ps...Sorry you don't have Thanksgiving Day in England. I guess it is
just a North American tradition, although I can't see a great
difference between Thanksgiving and Oktoberfest! Do you at least have
that?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:35:17 -0700, wrote:

PS. No thanks giving here... I´m in England...

Please close the door behind you when you leave :-|

Mark Rand
RTFM

What not interesting enough? Divinity Electronics 0 March 6th 07 07:06 AM
Very Interesting adil Home Repair 0 March 4th 07 02:44 AM
I think it's not interesting mamorter Home Repair 0 March 4th 07 01:58 AM
OT - Interesting Cliff Metalworking 3 December 17th 04 12:35 AM