Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default todocoleccion.net.... Quite interesting!!

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:35:17 -0700, wrote:

On 27 sep, 15:06, Brian Lawson wrote:
On 26 Sep 2007 23:21:46 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:18:24 -0700, wrote:
I was well impressed with this website. I am a keen collector of a few

Funny, on rec.collecting.coins, you were a "new collector" who found it
and wanted to know what we thought there as well.

Impressive catalogue, looks very professional. Tell me what you
think...

I think that whoever gave you the idea that shill spammers aren't
immediately recognizable, was lying to you. And, I think that if you
came up with this idea all on your own, that you're stupider than you
think we are.

Just a bit of humor........on my Forte Agent newsreader set up in what
they call a "three-panel display", the long Subject lines get
foreshortened/truncated somehow. For this one, it came as.....

14 todocoleccion.net....Q....sting!!

exclamation marks and all. Seemed appropriate.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Dear Brian,
I´m so sorry, but you´re going to have to read me again! I believe
your situation is worse than you think, not only you feel the need to
insult strangers, but then you have no recollection of it at all :
"And, I think that if you
came up with this idea all on your own, that you're stupider than you
think we are."

These were your exact words..... and on top of that you find some sort
of "relief" reading my words,,,,,, honestly, objectively and from the
outside: it doesn´t look good!!! Shame you are not a collector,,, you
might find a bit more sense in your life... and it might improve your
memory....
Anyway... the only thing that makes sense in your message is the
information that there are not many collectors around here,,, so I
will take the hint and leave you to a better life!!
PS. No thanks giving here... I´m in England...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hey again Eleonor,

Ahhhh.... I think I see your problem. You are confusing what "I"
wrote, with what "I" was replying to !! On my screen at the moment,
there are 4 distinct, or at least visible, sets of the right-pointing
angle bracket or the equation symbol 'greater-than' . Is it
possible you either don't have those, or don't "read them"?

The last reply will have a single one in front of each line of text.
The reply preceding the last one will have two , and so on. At the
moment, I have text showing from like this

I was well impressed .........

indicating a reply four generations old (to me now),

right down to

PS. No thanks giving here... I´m in England..

which is the last line of the last reply I'm reading, and that is of
course from you.

Now that I do see the quotation that upset you, I hope that you will
note that "I" didn't write that. Once again, my first reply was
intended to be humorous, and was about what I saw on my client page,
rather than anything in the message text. So, look back over your
postings and see where I fit in. My reply was somewhat after the line
that offended you.

It is just co-incidental that my first reply, although it was not
directed to you, was about "you" ! Although it was not co-incidental
that it was about a stranger (which in this case did turn out to be
"you") coming into our midst, that, from the text I was reading,
didn't seem to belong here. Not that this person/writer/poster
wouldn't be welcome here, but it isn't normal to welcome someone whose
first appearance seems to be critical or berating of the original
group!

So, suit yourself. Stay and be nice. Stay and be a thorn. Stay
away. All choices YOU must make. I'm not sorry, because I did nothing
to be sorry for, but for which I stand accused by you. And I'm not
sorry that I can't or won't apologize for anyone suggesting you
are/were something that only you should be deciding, which is : Are
you "stupider", or not?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

ps...Sorry you don't have Thanksgiving Day in England. I guess it is
just a North American tradition, although I can't see a great
difference between Thanksgiving and Oktoberfest! Do you at least have
that?