Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default todocoleccion.net.... Quite interesting!!

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 04:24:49 -0700, wrote:

On 27 Sep, 15:06, Brian Lawson wrote:
On 26 Sep 2007 23:21:46 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:18:24 -0700, wrote:
I was well impressed with this website. I am a keen collector of a few

Funny, on rec.collecting.coins, you were a "new collector" who found it
and wanted to know what we thought there as well.

Impressive catalogue, looks very professional. Tell me what you
think...

I think that whoever gave you the idea that shill spammers aren't
immediately recognizable, was lying to you. And, I think that if you
came up with this idea all on your own, that you're stupider than you
think we are.

Just a bit of humor........on my Forte Agent newsreader set up in what
they call a "three-panel display", the long Subject lines get
foreshortened/truncated somehow. For this one, it came as.....

14 todocoleccion.net....Q....sting!!

exclamation marks and all. Seemed appropriate.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Dear Brian Lawson and company!
I have been hesitating whether to reply to your comment or not, and
against some very good advice, I have decided to dedicate a few lines
to you and "your friends".
I lead a group of collectors in my home town, and we have trully
discovered, through some friends who live in Spain, the website I
mentioned in my message. It is true that I left on the same day quite
a few comments around some of google groups, but this was only due to
a discussion in our last meeting, where carried away by the new
website and very fed up of being ill-treated by a very well known
auction website, we decided to let our fellow collector colleagues
around the world to know about it.
Of course, we should not have bothered, since instead of checking out
what I was saying you decided, firstly to call me a spammer (not even
in my wildest dreams I could be something so technical!!!!!), secondly
to insult me by calling me "stupid" (glad to know that the old
traditional gentleman has given way to the coward behind
anonymity!!!!!!) and thirdly to mock about me with your
"cyberfriends".
Well, although advised not to reply..... I DO feel better!!! and I
hope you keep enjoying your tiny, self-centred world of whatever it is
you collect!!!!!!!!!
All yours!
Eleonor

Dear Eleonor,

I'm so glad you didn't listen to your friend, Eleonor, and that you
therefore do "feel better". I regularly feel the same way two or
three time a day when I accomplish physically what you do with words.
Ahh...the relief.

As to calling you "stupid", I'm sorry, but please look again. I
didn't write that word anyplace that I can see when looking back over
the original post or reply. Maybe you were reading between the
lines?!?

My reply had only to do with what showed as just the "Subject:" line
on my monitor I thought it amusing. I thought MAYBE it was spam too,
as your posting appeared on a metalworkers forum, and while there may
be the odd soul here that is a collector, it is not a forum for
collectors, nor should it be a forum for just any old pitch from you.
We get sufficient of that from our regular contributors, thank you.

Hmmmm...Thinking it over, maybe you should have listened to your
friend?

Take care.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, if it applies where you are.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.