Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default todocoleccion.net.... Quite interesting!!

According to :

[ ... ]

Dear Brian Lawson and company!
I have been hesitating whether to reply to your comment or not, and
against some very good advice, I have decided to dedicate a few lines
to you and "your friends".
I lead a group of collectors in my home town, and we have trully
discovered, through some friends who live in Spain, the website I
mentioned in my message.

By which you imply that you do *not* live in Spain. But a check
of the "NNTP-Posting-Host: " header in your message shows the following:

inetnum: 88.22.37.0 - 88.26.184.255
netname: RIMA
descr: TELEFONICA DE ESPANA (NCC#2006112951)
descr: Provider Local Registry
country: ES

and "dig -x" shows that your IP resolves to:

67.Red-88-23-177.staticIP.rima-tde.net

not even a dialup -- but rather a static IP account, which suggests a
business -- or at the least, someone knowledgeable around computers.

It is true that I left on the same day quite
a few comments around some of google groups, but this was only due to
a discussion in our last meeting, where carried away by the new
website and very fed up of being ill-treated by a very well known
auction website, we decided to let our fellow collector colleagues
around the world to know about it.

And rec.crafts.metalworking is a collector site in what way? It
is a site dedicated to those who like to make things in their own shop,
not to collect things made by others.

Thus your message *is* spam -- pushing a site which is not
related to the subject of the newsgroup.

Of course, we should not have bothered, since instead of checking out
what I was saying you decided, firstly to call me a spammer (not even
in my wildest dreams I could be something so technical!!!!!),

Your static IP suggests more techinical skills than you claim,
and anyway a lot of spamers show rather poor technical skills in setting
up their e-mail spam engines (obtained from someone else).

And someone who simply goes around posting ads such as yours to
unrelated newsgroups qualifies as a spamer -- technical skills or none.

Please limit your postings to newsgroups which you *know* will
accept the subject matter. If you don't you *are* a spamer.

DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564