Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Diacro Press Brake Questions

A few months back I had a Diacro 16-24 press brake follow me
home....it needed a good home and I needed some garage ballast.

With some free time coming up, I plan on cleaning it up and likely a
new paint job.

Has anyone put one of these on wheels for portability?

Does anyone have a manual for it that they could post to the
metalworking dropbox?

Any suggestions as to where to purchase tooling for it?

Finally if anyone else has one, could you post some pictures of your
setup. I want to make sure that all the parts are present and
accounted for.

Thanks

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
A few months back I had a Diacro 16-24 press brake follow me
home....it needed a good home and I needed some garage ballast.

With some free time coming up, I plan on cleaning it up and likely a
new paint job.

Has anyone put one of these on wheels for portability?

Does anyone have a manual for it that they could post to the
metalworking dropbox?

Any suggestions as to where to purchase tooling for it?

Finally if anyone else has one, could you post some pictures of your
setup. I want to make sure that all the parts are present and
accounted for.

Thanks

TMT

I scored one many years ago (24"), surplus from a business in Utah, where I
lived at the time. Mine was (is) missing the large handle, but otherwise
is complete, near as I can tell. A piece of 1-1/4" cold rolled serves as a
satisfactory handle now.

Did you get any dies with yours? I have several sets, each for specific
application. I've not used it much, but that, hopefully, will change in
the future. It's a nice piece of equipment.

For some time you could download a manual from their web site, but that may
no longer be the case. I understand the business was sold some time ago.
Damned shame, for they made many nice products.

Contact me on the side if you don't round up a manual. Could be I can scan
the one I downloaded and send it to you. It's not very large, only a few
pages as I recall. It's been a long time since I last looked.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 25, 3:04 am, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
[...]

Harold- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the offer Harold.

Perhaps you could upload the manual to the Metalworking Dropbox for
anyone else who might need it?

I have just one set of dies so far...a full set of 90 degree.

Any suggestions as to what other types would be useful?

I agree...Diacro made an excellent set of tools...no one else has
really addressed that market niche.

I believe that most of the Diacro line has been picked up by Acrotech.

http://www.diacro.com/index.html

Most of the manuals that were on the old Diacro site are not available
on the new site.

I would encourage anyone who has old DIacro manuals to upload them to
the Dropbox.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I mounted my HF 30"Brake/Roll/Shear on a custom stand with castors. You
*Really* need toe brakes on all 4 wheels, unless you want to chase it
around the shop. Thought I posted the stand in the DB, but guess not.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

A few months back I had a Diacro 16-24 press brake follow me
home....it needed a good home and I needed some garage ballast.

With some free time coming up, I plan on cleaning it up and likely a
new paint job.

Has anyone put one of these on wheels for portability?

Does anyone have a manual for it that they could post to the
metalworking dropbox?

Any suggestions as to where to purchase tooling for it?

Finally if anyone else has one, could you post some pictures of your
setup. I want to make sure that all the parts are present and
accounted for.

Thanks

TMT

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:

I mounted my HF 30"Brake/Roll/Shear on a custom stand with castors. You
*Really* need toe brakes on all 4 wheels, unless you want to chase it
around the shop. Thought I posted the stand in the DB, but guess not.

How do you like the HF 3-in-1? It's been on my kinda want to get one
list for a while.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

TMT,
I have one too. I would not recommend casters.
Except for very light stock, the pulling & overturning effort
is too great. I use it frequently.
A set of 90 deg dies and an offset male (upper) are best
to start in various lengths for box folding. The V opening
is another choice. Small stuff needs small V's.
I broke the handle casting doing the obvious. Split in to.
I carved a new one out of steel.
Send me a note and I'll return a pic to you.
RichD cmsteam((at))speedfactory((dot))net

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When they say 20GA max, they mean it. I BROKE the cast iron shear table
on mine foolishly trying to shear 16GA copper sheet. Actually did get in
quite a few cuts first, though. Replacement table was $34. The shear
requires some careful setup to work properly. The roll is good, and the
box brake is very good. The machine is useful for light work.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Pete C. wrote:
JR North wrote:

I mounted my HF 30"Brake/Roll/Shear on a custom stand with castors. You
*Really* need toe brakes on all 4 wheels, unless you want to chase it
around the shop. Thought I posted the stand in the DB, but guess not.

How do you like the HF 3-in-1? It's been on my kinda want to get one
list for a while.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
How do you like the HF 3-in-1? It's been on my kinda want to get one
list for a while.

They aren't nearly as nice as separate machines but they'll do the
job, slowly. Mine is really maxed out cutting and folding 0.062 Alum
30" wide and a lot happier with 0.050 stock or smaller pieces of
0.062. Adjustment is fussy and frequent.

Jim Wilkins

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip----

Thanks for the offer Harold.

Perhaps you could upload the manual to the Metalworking Dropbox for
anyone else who might need it?

I suppose that's a possibility----but I don't know if there's a restriction
on file sizes there. I've only used it once, at least as I recall, and it
was a long time ago. I'm also concerned about any legal ramifications of
publishing the information. Any opinions on where we stand in this case?
I'll not do anything with it for the moment, but know that it is available
if you get in trouble.

By the way, the pdf file is just over 4 mb in size, and consists of four
pages, printed on each side. Not great quality, the back side of each page
shows through to some degree. I now regret not having printed the sheets
on one side only, and it appears I did not save the original file when I
downloaded it from the old site.

I have just one set of dies so far...a full set of 90 degree.

Any suggestions as to what other types would be useful?

I'm not versed in sheet metal work, so I hesitate to say much. Perhaps
others can offer some useful information. I have used mine only for a
couple small projects to this point-----but assume it will be quite useful
if I ever get started on my project of building a model steam locomotive.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 07:33:45 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
roups.com...
snip----

Thanks for the offer Harold.

Perhaps you could upload the manual to the Metalworking Dropbox for
anyone else who might need it?

I suppose that's a possibility----but I don't know if there's a restriction
on file sizes there. I've only used it once, at least as I recall, and it
was a long time ago. I'm also concerned about any legal ramifications of
publishing the information. Any opinions on where we stand in this case?
I'll not do anything with it for the moment, but know that it is available
if you get in trouble.

I would post them on my web site if I didn't think like you.

By the way, the pdf file is just over 4 mb in size, and consists of four
pages, printed on each side. Not great quality, the back side of each page
shows through to some degree. I now regret not having printed the sheets
on one side only, and it appears I did not save the original file when I
downloaded it from the old site.

I have the original here. It's around 5.5mb in size. I can send it
to someone if they need it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to Wayne Cook :
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 07:33:45 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

[ ... ]

By the way, the pdf file is just over 4 mb in size, and consists of four
pages, printed on each side. Not great quality, the back side of each page
shows through to some degree. I now regret not having printed the sheets
on one side only, and it appears I did not save the original file when I
downloaded it from the old site.

I have the original here. It's around 5.5mb in size. I can send it
to someone if they need it.

IIRC, Iggy was setting up a web site full of scanned manuals, so
perhaps he would like it to add to his site.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
snip----

I have the original here. It's around 5.5mb in size. I can send it
to someone if they need it.

Wayne,

Now that I realize the less than good quality of the one I scanned, I'd be
pleased to receive the one you offered (manual for Di-Acro press brake) if
you don't mind. my address as listed is correct.

Downloading it should prove interesting on our (slow) dialup! :-)

Thanks,

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 05:51:00 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
.. .
snip----

I have the original here. It's around 5.5mb in size. I can send it
to someone if they need it.

Wayne,

Now that I realize the less than good quality of the one I scanned, I'd be
pleased to receive the one you offered (manual for Di-Acro press brake) if
you don't mind. my address as listed is correct.

Downloading it should prove interesting on our (slow) dialup! :-)

I'm sure. I sent it to someone else yesterday and my connection was
acting up. I wasn't sure it would stay up long enough to send it.

I'll add it to a email version of this.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 05:51:00 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
. ..
snip----

I have the original here. It's around 5.5mb in size. I can send it
to someone if they need it.

Wayne,

Now that I realize the less than good quality of the one I scanned, I'd be
pleased to receive the one you offered (manual for Di-Acro press brake)
if
you don't mind. my address as listed is correct.

Downloading it should prove interesting on our (slow) dialup! :-)

I'm sure. I sent it to someone else yesterday and my connection was
acting up. I wasn't sure it would stay up long enough to send it.

I'll add it to a email version of this.

Thanks, Wayne. Received today, just before we left for the day. I have yet
to verify that it is functional, but I certainly appreciate your effort.
Sure was slow downloading @ 26.4 kbps. :-)

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:35:20 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
snip----

I have the original here. It's around 5.5mb in size. I can send it
to someone if they need it.

Wayne,

Now that I realize the less than good quality of the one I scanned, I'd be
pleased to receive the one you offered (manual for Di-Acro press brake)
if
you don't mind. my address as listed is correct.

Downloading it should prove interesting on our (slow) dialup! :-)

I'm sure. I sent it to someone else yesterday and my connection was
acting up. I wasn't sure it would stay up long enough to send it.

I'll add it to a email version of this.

Thanks, Wayne. Received today, just before we left for the day. I have yet
to verify that it is functional, but I certainly appreciate your effort.
Sure was slow downloading @ 26.4 kbps. :-)

You're welcome. I'm sure it was pretty slow. It took a while to
upload on my DSL (which isn't real fast compared to some).