Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Enco vs. KBC

I found that Enco has their parts linked to their shopping cart,
while KBC wants you to type in the whole schlemiel. My $0.02
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to Louis Ohland :
I found that Enco has their parts linked to their shopping cart,
while KBC wants you to type in the whole schlemiel. My $0.02

Can't you cut and paste?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No. The page seems to be only an image. No embedded text.

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Louis Ohland :
I found that Enco has their parts linked to their shopping cart,
while KBC wants you to type in the whole schlemiel. My $0.02

Can't you cut and paste?

Enjoy,
DoN.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Louis Ohland wrote:
I found that Enco has their parts linked to their shopping cart, while
KBC wants you to type in the whole schlemiel. My $0.02

Use the search function.

Type in the name of what you want. Size. Volume. Whatever.

Look at results.

Click on item on list, to see catalog page to confirm item.

Click on "add" to add to your shopping list.

Works fine for me.

Going from page to page is only fun in a paper catalog.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Louis Ohland wrote:
If I knew exactly what I was looking for, this would work. I find it
much less confusing if I can see the item while choosing.

In what way do you mean? You don't know what exactly you are looking for?

The setup works pretty well for keeping our shop stocked.
Need drills, search drill. Peruse list. Modify search to include size
and material. Click. Add.

Need 1/2" endmills? Search it. Add it to the list. It does help to
keep the site open on two pages.

You quickly learn the "language" of the site, and how to find what you
need, I have learned.

For just browsing and cruising through, the paper catalog still beats
any web page setup I have ever found.

It's not a perfect system, but it works OK, and it's about the best
available to me here in Canada, without having to deal with cross border
issues and brokerage fee's. The quality of the goods on offer is a step
up from Enco, in many cases, as well.

Just another thing to learn.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 31, 8:27 am, Trevor Jones wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote:
[...]

Having used both it TOTALLY agree with Trevor and having had a PROLEM
with a KBC product and seen how they deal with customer service Issues
(they sent me a rusty russian level) the only way i could be made to
"use-enco" again is when they have the AXA sized lathe toolposts on
for $100 with 5-6 holders. (1/3rd the price of any i've seen imported
to canada)

I always prefer paper catalogs to "shopping carts"
when i call the order desk they are NOT machinists but they have a
good lookup nonetheless and those on the receiving end SEEM to know at
least a bit about tools. For a place that COULD have been turned into
a pure call centre dealing with a person with even a basic
understanding of the tools and products they sell is a very good thing

but tey have a very good selection of tools they are prompt and they
deal with "issues" very well

the only think i waish is that they had a few more "flags" If i cant
buy Canadian or American i'd LIKE to buy tools for the G7 if possible
before i buy a chinese tool. I am the type o person who WILL pay a
premium for "made in canada" but admittedly there IS a limit, i wont
pay double for the same thing to the same fit and finish

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Not being sarcastic, but I was unaware that Canada has much
industrial capacity for turning out manufactured goods. I know Canada
exports wheat, timber, Red Green Show, and bad beer.

Open my eyes to decent Canadian tool makers.

On a related note, I cannot see why it is impossible for continental
american machinery manufacturers to compete with the pac rim
manufacturers, except for the unfortunate existence of punitive government.

Brent wrote:
the only think i waish is that they had a few more "flags" If i cant
buy Canadian or American i'd LIKE to buy tools for the G7 if possible
before i buy a chinese tool. I am the type o person who WILL pay a
premium for "made in canada" but admittedly there IS a limit, i wont
pay double for the same thing to the same fit and finish

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Brent wrote:

the only think i waish is that they had a few more "flags" If i cant
buy Canadian or American i'd LIKE to buy tools for the G7 if possible
before i buy a chinese tool. I am the type o person who WILL pay a
premium for "made in canada" but admittedly there IS a limit, i wont
pay double for the same thing to the same fit and finish

I too would rather see the actual country of origin specified.

"Import" covers too much ground.

I do not have the same expectations, dealing with imports from some
countries as others. A lot of the eastern Europe tooling was a very good
buy (gone up in price, though), while some of the US and Canadian
labelled stuff was as bad as the low end Chinese product.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Enco gloat Chris Metalworking 17 September 3rd 05 02:53 PM
$300 8" jointer at Enco AL Woodworking 14 April 10th 05 03:37 AM
Enco quality?? Uwe Metalworking 17 March 23rd 05 07:00 AM
ENCO Free Marv Soloff Metalworking 9 February 18th 04 09:14 PM
ENCO again Marv Soloff Metalworking 0 September 5th 03 09:36 AM