AL

Default $300 8" jointer at Enco

Enco is MSC's hobbyist division. MSC is a gigantic industrial supply house
with customer service almost as good as Lee Valley.

Anyway, Enco is blowing out an 8" jointer for $300. Just thought I would
point it out in case someone is shopping for one.

Go to www.use-enco.com, click on "Enco Outlet", then look at the last page
of the pdf.

Hmmmm, I'm not normally this cynical, but I couldn't help but notice
the absence of the customary disclaimer regarding your lack of any
affiliation with the company you seem to be shilling for.
BTW, nothing wrong (in my opinion) with letting the folks here know
when your company's running a great promotion. Just so long as you do
the ethical thing by identifying the source.

Brad (no affiliation, etc...)

AL wrote:
Enco is MSC's hobbyist division. MSC is a gigantic industrial supply

house
with customer service almost as good as Lee Valley.

Anyway, Enco is blowing out an 8" jointer for $300. Just thought I

would
point it out in case someone is shopping for one.

Go to www.use-enco.com, click on "Enco Outlet", then look at the last

page
of the pdf.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Avraham" wrote in message

So, ignoring the un-mentioned shill, does anyone know anything about
these jointers?

I'd think it is a crap shoot at that price. Quality would be dependent of
how the egg rolls and rice wine flowed at lunch. I doubt very much it is a
rebranded Powermatic or Oliver.

Avraham

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:05:36 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Avraham" wrote in message

So, ignoring the un-mentioned shill, does anyone know anything about
these jointers?

I'd think it is a crap shoot at that price. Quality would be dependent of
how the egg rolls and rice wine flowed at lunch. I doubt very much it is a
rebranded Powermatic or Oliver.

I didn't really think so either, but I was hoping someone might have
some experience with one.

Leon

"AL" wrote in message
Enco is MSC's hobbyist division. MSC is a gigantic industrial supply
house with customer service almost as good as Lee Valley.

Anyway, Enco is blowing out an 8" jointer for $300. Just thought I would
point it out in case someone is shopping for one.

Go to www.use-enco.com, click on "Enco Outlet", then look at the last page
of the pdf.

I only see a 6" jointer.

Leon

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hmmmm, I'm not normally this cynical, but I couldn't help but notice
the absence of the customary disclaimer regarding your lack of any
affiliation with the company you seem to be shilling for.
BTW, nothing wrong (in my opinion) with letting the folks here know
when your company's running a great promotion. Just so long as you do
the ethical thing by identifying the source.

Brad (no affiliation, etc...)

Like saying "no affiliation" would mean anything at all?

hylourgos

Click on the link and three jointers come up, 2 of which are 8 inchers.
The one the OP refers to, the cheaper one, reminds me of the cheap HF
jointers, the main weakness of which is the fence, which mounts on the
infeed END of the table. The better 8" jointer they list has a nicer
center-mounted fence.

Even so, the cheap one might be serviceable. It sure is cheap. Lots of
folks do just fine with their HF 6" jointers.

H.

Leon wrote:
"AL" wrote in message
Enco is MSC's hobbyist division. MSC is a gigantic industrial

supply
house with customer service almost as good as Lee Valley.

Anyway, Enco is blowing out an 8" jointer for $300. Just thought I

would
point it out in case someone is shopping for one.

Go to www.use-enco.com, click on "Enco Outlet", then look at the

last page
of the pdf.

I only see a 6" jointer.

Kevin Craig

In article , Avraham
wrote:

So, ignoring the un-mentioned shill, does anyone know anything about
these jointers?

Looks just like the "Pro Wood" 8" from Homier, and about the same price.

I was going to comment that they want $400 for a magnetic switch, then
I saw that the $699 model has a longer table (66" vs. 54"), a 200 V
motor, and the magnetic switch too.

Kevin
John Grossbohlin

"Kevin Craig" wrote in message
In article , Avraham
wrote:

So, ignoring the un-mentioned shill, does anyone know anything about
these jointers?

Looks just like the "Pro Wood" 8" from Homier, and about the same price.

I was going to comment that they want $400 for a magnetic switch, then
I saw that the $699 model has a longer table (66" vs. 54"), a 200 V
motor, and the magnetic switch too.

Kevin

I particularly liked the $2,042.95 Delta DJ-20 offered on the flyer next to
the now $699 model... apparently to make the $699 one look like an even
better bargain. The picture appears to be of a DJ-15...

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=438

John

patrick conroy

"Kevin Craig" wrote in message

I was going to comment that they want $400 for a magnetic switch, then
I saw that the $699 model has a longer table (66" vs. 54"), a 200 V
motor, and the magnetic switch too.

This is Usenet. I was going to make that comment - even tho' I noticed the
length and motor.

AL

I am not affiliated in any way with Enco, MSC, Lee Valley or the jointer
manufacturer.

A search on groups.google will show that I've posted numerous deals over the
years. I'm not affiliated with Home Depot, Menards, Lowes or Amazon either.

I, however, am a very satisified customer with MSC/Enco. It is very rare
that I experience customer service like theirs, especially this day and age.

Incidentally, Enco has a 10% off coupon. Look on rec.crafts.metalworking.
I'm not sure if they will accept it for this item though.

"AL" wrote in message
Enco is MSC's hobbyist division. MSC is a gigantic industrial supply
house with customer service almost as good as Lee Valley.

Anyway, Enco is blowing out an 8" jointer for $300. Just thought I would
point it out in case someone is shopping for one.

Go to www.use-enco.com, click on "Enco Outlet", then look at the last page
of the pdf.

Prometheus

wrote:

"Avraham" wrote in message

So, ignoring the un-mentioned shill, does anyone know anything about
these jointers?

I'd think it is a crap shoot at that price. Quality would be dependent of
how the egg rolls and rice wine flowed at lunch. I doubt very much it is a
rebranded Powermatic or Oliver.

I didn't really think so either, but I was hoping someone might have
some experience with one.

A couple of years back, a guy I worked with mentioned Enco as a source
for inexpensive metalworking equipment. He had bought a lot of their
products, and he said they were fine- as long as you retooled some of
the parts to make them accurate. For a metalworker with an engine
lathe and a vertical mill that may not be an issue, but I'd doubt that
most of the folks around this group have the equipment or inclination
to fabricate their own replacement parts. I guess I'm going to stay
away from the sucker, myself and go for a more well-known brand.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
CW

I am a machinist by trade and have dealt with Enco a fair amount. They used
to have a store here (Seattle area). It was always best to go to the store
rather than order. Some of the stuff they had wasn't bad for the money but
lots of it was junk. Best to look it over before buying. When Harbor Freight
came about, my first thought was, just what we need, another Enco.