Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Enco vs. KBC

Louis Ohland wrote:
If I knew exactly what I was looking for, this would work. I find it
much less confusing if I can see the item while choosing.

In what way do you mean? You don't know what exactly you are looking for?

The setup works pretty well for keeping our shop stocked.
Need drills, search drill. Peruse list. Modify search to include size
and material. Click. Add.

Need 1/2" endmills? Search it. Add it to the list. It does help to
keep the site open on two pages.

You quickly learn the "language" of the site, and how to find what you
need, I have learned.

For just browsing and cruising through, the paper catalog still beats
any web page setup I have ever found.

It's not a perfect system, but it works OK, and it's about the best
available to me here in Canada, without having to deal with cross border
issues and brokerage fee's. The quality of the goods on offer is a step
up from Enco, in many cases, as well.

Just another thing to learn.

Cheers
Trevor Jones