benwoodward.com

Default If I refuse a grizzly shipment, will they blacklist me?

I ordered a grizzly compessor, but hf is cheaper. grizzly says they
can't cancel the shipment...I'll have to refuse delivery and I won't
be charged for shipping. I hate to do this, but 100 bucks is a 100
bucks. Any reason to stick with the grizzly over hf? What to do.
turnitdown

How about being an honorable person and sticking to your deal- If you find
one cheaper than HF are you going to cancel that order and stick them with
all the freight too?
"benwoodward.com" wrote in message
om...
I ordered a grizzly compessor, but hf is cheaper. grizzly says they
can't cancel the shipment...I'll have to refuse delivery and I won't
be charged for shipping. I hate to do this, but 100 bucks is a 100
bucks. Any reason to stick with the grizzly over hf? What to do.

GMasterman

Yep, the reason is called taking responsibility for your actions, something
that so many people seem to be lacking nowdays

Statics

Apart from it being outright stinky to order something and refuse the
shipment because you did your comparison shopping too late, I would stay
away from HF compressors if they were mail order.

I bought one at a local branch and had to bring it back because the switch
was bad. Next one was also bad, as was the next one. Three in a row, all
new. The guy at the counter tells me they had about as many in back that
were returned as they had new stock, several dozen. I didn't try for a
fourth.

They may have improved the QC since, but this was only last year.

StaticsJason

"benwoodward.com" wrote in message
om...
I ordered a grizzly compessor, but hf is cheaper. grizzly says they
can't cancel the shipment...I'll have to refuse delivery and I won't
be charged for shipping. I hate to do this, but 100 bucks is a 100
bucks. Any reason to stick with the grizzly over hf? What to do.

Quality Control

Statics wrote:

Apart from it being outright stinky to order something and refuse the
shipment because you did your comparison shopping too late, I would stay
away from HF compressors if they were mail order.

I bought one at a local branch and had to bring it back because the switch
was bad. Next one was also bad, as was the next one. Three in a row, all
new. The guy at the counter tells me they had about as many in back that
were returned as they had new stock, several dozen. I didn't try for a
fourth.

They may have improved the QC since, but this was only last year.

Hmmmmmm Maybe that's why the one from Grizzly is one hundred more.
lane

"benwoodward.com" wrote in message
om...
I ordered a grizzly compessor, but hf is cheaper. grizzly says they
can't cancel the shipment...I'll have to refuse delivery and I won't
be charged for shipping. I hate to do this, but 100 bucks is a 100
bucks. Any reason to stick with the grizzly over hf? What to do.

I'd say you made the purchase, it's too late. Should have done your shopping
first. I would think that the Grizzly would be a better machine and the
warrantee and dealer backup would be better.

Lane

Loren Coe

In article , GMasterman wrote:
Yep, the reason is called taking responsibility for your actions, something
that so many people seem to be lacking nowdays

i kinda relate to _both_ sides of this. if the OP is just in a panic
mode, buyers remorse, take a couple of deep breaths. Gizzly is a great
co. to deal with, and imho, so is HF.

do you really know that the products are the same? does the local sales
tax offset some of the price difference? whatever, you have to live w/
your own conscience, don't "panic" and make an ass out of yourself.

good luck, --Loren

benwoodward.com

No, but they claim they can't cancel the order 5-1/2 hours later.
That's a little hard to believe. Something doesn't seem right here. I
get the feeling they don't -want- to cancel the order and that's
rubbing me the wrong way.
But you're right, I would feel cheesy sticking them with the freight.
6 of one...
Jeff Wisnia

benwoodward.com wrote:
I ordered a grizzly compessor, but hf is cheaper. grizzly says they
can't cancel the shipment...I'll have to refuse delivery and I won't
be charged for shipping. I hate to do this, but 100 bucks is a 100
bucks. Any reason to stick with the grizzly over hf? What to do.

"There is no right way to do the wrong thing."

Author unknown...

Jeff (Who has a framed sign on his office wall with that quotation on
it...)

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

AL

Some companies like Amazon, Newegg and Crucial will allow you to refuse
orders that have already been shipped and will then give you a full refund
when you do this. But I don't know Grizzly's policy. They may decide to
charge you full shipping, plus their normal 15% return fee. You might want
to find out what their policy is.

The Guy

Do you mean besides the obvious ethical reason?

benwoodward.com wrote:
I ordered a grizzly compessor, but hf is cheaper. grizzly says they
can't cancel the shipment...I'll have to refuse delivery and I won't
be charged for shipping. I hate to do this, but 100 bucks is a 100
bucks. Any reason to stick with the grizzly over hf? What to do.

--
No BoomBoom for me! -

Bruce A. Frank

Have you thought asking for a discount to match the HF you have found?
Tell them what you have found at a much better price. If they will match
the price or come close you won't refuse shipment. It is worth the
effort to ask.

Oh, BTW, ANY company that sells mail order has the cost of "refused
shipments" built into the price structure. They're not getting screwed.

"benwoodward.com" wrote:

No, but they claim they can't cancel the order 5-1/2 hours later.
That's a little hard to believe. Something doesn't seem right here. I
get the feeling they don't -want- to cancel the order and that's
rubbing me the wrong way.
But you're right, I would feel cheesy sticking them with the freight.
6 of one...

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"
hard to believe

Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Oh, BTW, ANY company that sells mail order has the cost of "refused
shipments" built into the price structure. They're not getting screwed.

So your saying that each and every "mail order" part from nuts to bolts
that you and every other builder of homebuilt aircraft buys (by mail
order) has an extra what - ten to fifteen percent built into the
purchase price in case someone like you wants to return it.

I guess you have never heard of a restocking fee.

From YOUR SIG file

Publishing interesting material on all aspects of
alternative engines and homebuilt aircraft.

As an editor and publisher can you verify your sources for that blanket
statement and give at least three examples of its accuracy.

turnitdown

Don't forget that if you paid with a credit card, then they already paid a
non-refundable fee to the credit card company as soon as you placed the
order- they also pay the same fee when they credit your account- this
amounts to about 2.5% of the purchase price on each transaction. So if the
compressor was 500.00, they would end up paying out 5% ( 25.00 ) in fees for
your 5 1/2 hours of indecision- not counting the general administrative
costs of writing up the order, cancelling, toll free number etc. Most mail
order companies do factor in a certain amount of their product pricing just
to cover that small group of people who pull this type of stuff.

"benwoodward.com" wrote in message
om...
No, but they claim they can't cancel the order 5-1/2 hours later.
That's a little hard to believe. Something doesn't seem right here. I
get the feeling they don't -want- to cancel the order and that's
rubbing me the wrong way.
But you're right, I would feel cheesy sticking them with the freight.
6 of one...

ATP

Bruce A. Frank wrote:
Have you thought asking for a discount to match the HF you have found?
Tell them what you have found at a much better price. If they will
match the price or come close you won't refuse shipment. It is worth
the effort to ask.

Oh, BTW, ANY company that sells mail order has the cost of "refused
shipments" built into the price structure. They're not getting
screwed.

So if a company has a certain percentage of shoplifted items built into
their price structure, it's OK to steal from them?

John Lovallo

Well at least we know what his "integrity" is worth! Some people will never
learn that all you can take out
of this world is your reputation.

John L

"GMasterman" wrote in message
Yep, the reason is called taking responsibility for your actions,

something
that so many people seem to be lacking nowdays

Paul

I have to say take the order you made your choice. They pay out the nose
to give good service and by shipping in within 5 1/2 hours I'd say that's
great.
You messed up by not comparing ahead of time...if all you are after is
price.
Eitherway, thats one reason I don't bother price shopping an item that I've
already
decided to by. If I "click" submit thats it no more looking for better
prices.

Just my thoughts.

Reno, Paul

Loren Coe

In article .net, turnitdown wrote:
Don't forget that if you paid with a credit card, then they already paid a
non-refundable fee to the credit card company as soon as you placed the
order- they also pay the same fee when they credit your account- this
amounts to about 2.5% of the purchase price on each transaction. So if the

HUH! where did you get this info??? it's wrong. they will be charged
for purchases and credited for refunds. why do you think this? --Loren

compressor was 500.00, they would end up paying out 5% ( 25.00 ) in fees for
your 5 1/2 hours of indecision- not counting the general administrative
costs of writing up the order, cancelling, toll free number etc. Most mail
order companies do factor in a certain amount of their product pricing just
to cover that small group of people who pull this type of stuff.

"benwoodward.com" wrote in message
om...
No, but they claim they can't cancel the order 5-1/2 hours later.
That's a little hard to believe. Something doesn't seem right here. I
get the feeling they don't -want- to cancel the order and that's
rubbing me the wrong way.
But you're right, I would feel cheesy sticking them with the freight.
6 of one...

Gary Coffman

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 08:19:44 GMT, "Bruce A. Frank" wrote:
Oh, BTW, ANY company that sells mail order has the cost of "refused
shipments" built into the price structure. They're not getting screwed.

Right, it is all the other customers who don't screw the company who
wind up getting screwed by the higher prices caused by the unethical
few.

Gary
Gary Coffman

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:28:05 GMT, "ATP" wrote:
Bruce A. Frank wrote:
Oh, BTW, ANY company that sells mail order has the cost of "refused
shipments" built into the price structure. They're not getting
screwed.

So if a company has a certain percentage of shoplifted items built into
their price structure, it's OK to steal from them?

You said it better than I did. The people who suffer because of the
dishonesty of a few are all the honest people who deal with the
company.

Gary
Old Nick

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:28:05 GMT, "ATP"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

If they do that, yes. Vicious cycle AFAICS

So if a company has a certain percentage of shoplifted items built into
their price structure, it's OK to steal from them?

************************************************** ** sorry

Spike....Spike? Hello?

turnitdown

Contact one of those credit card processors and ask to see the rules for
mail order business- You will find that I am correct. Remember, the
processor is also a company that offers a service for profit- therefore they
do not take money from the purchaser's bank and transfer it to the
merchant's bank for nothing- and when an order is cancelled they have to
take the money back from the merchant bank and return it to the purchaser-
the banks also have fees involved in this as well, so just because its all
electronic, its not free.
"Loren Coe" wrote in message
In article .net,