Old February 21st 15, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dalton Lathes

i bought a dalton lot 4 lathe. says lot 4 on end of bed left on the right says #4065. on the gear cover says model b. change gears are held on with pins... the lathe is nice and tight i have it reassembled (h it had to carry it down the steps it is covered with saw dust , it looks cared for and i will clean it off ,oil it and run it later to day..
tony z

I also just obtained a Dalton lathe, lot 4 #4004 built not too long before your #4065 I think. Philip

Old March 4th 15, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have a Dalton Six B4, I am looking for documentation, Manual and a picture(s) of a complete original lathe.
I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to restore to an original condition or modify it to a modern power plant condition, using a dirrect dc drive w/ a riding lawn mower transmission.
I have other working lathes.
Any ignorance anyone wishes to cure please act.
Old March 17th 15, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So is this group inactive?? There appear to be no replies from anyone in the group to new members? I have a dalton lot 5 and am looking for some tooling.

Thanks
Old March 17th 15, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
So is this group inactive?? There appear to be no replies from
anyone in the group to new members? I have a dalton lot 5 and am
looking for some tooling.

Thanks

Which "this" group, r.c.m. or the Yahoo one? Several of us in r.c.m.
pointed to the Yahoo group and lathes.co.uk.

My Usenet server has been responding slowly and erratically.

-jsw

Old April 12th 15, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hello Dennis, today I bought a lathe that I believe you looked at. It was in the corner at the cabin Fever Expo. I understand you looked it over. I intend to clean it up and display it. What can you tell me? Thanks Peter.
Old April 13th 15, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, December 26, 2003 at 10:31:32 AM UTC-6, Dennis Turk wrote:
To all Dalton owners and people interested in Dalton equipment. My
name is Dennis Turk and I own seven Dalton lathes, one lot 3 and six
lot 4 machines. The range of age is before 1914 and to after 1925. I
do not use the lathes as they are for restoration and display.

There is a group of Dalton owners that share pictures information and
in some cases replacement parts. There is I believe 13 people in this
group. We are known as just the Dalton Gang.:-) Two of the people
live in England, as it seems Daltons ended up over there also.

There are no multi function machines in the group. The group is
comprised of one lot 2 lathe two lot 3 lathes sixteen lot 4 lathes and
one lot 6. The lot number is just in front of your serial number and
denotes the model. B-4 or B-6.

Not all lathes especially the early ones have model tags on them only
a lot #. We keep a record of all Lot and Serial numbers and this way
we can gestimate the approximate age or year of build for the lathes.

In this group there is also one very original peddle or foot powered
lathe that has the hand lever on the tailstock. Really interesting
machine. Devil to run though.

I would be interested in communicating with anyone that owns a Dalton
lathe for the purpose of tracking serial numbers and helping others
with problems with their lathes. There are a very small number of
replacement parts available. These are used but serviceable.

In some of the postings there was a question as to the age of Dalton
tool works. We know that Herbert Dalton started the company some time
before 1912 and it failed in the stock market crash of 1929. In 1930
Elecrolux purchased the property and built vacuum cleaners there

Thanks and I hope to hear form all Dalton owners.

Hello,
I have a dalton Lot 4 Type"B" #4336 Lathe and I am trying to get some information on it. please respond. Missing auto feed gear i believe.
Old June 13th 15, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hi all. Mark here in the UK. I recently bought a Dalton Lot 4 # 747 (cool #!). Does anyone know where to get further information on the lathe. I'd love to be able to use it to make the missing items from the changeover gear set. It's my first lathe. Am I aiming too high? Kind regards...
Old June 13th 15, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 18:28:41 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Hi all. Mark here in the UK. I recently bought a Dalton Lot 4 # 747 (cool #!). Does anyone know where to get further information on the lathe. I'd love to be able to use it to make the missing items from the changeover gear set. It's my first lathe. Am I aiming too high? Kind regards...

There used to be a yahoo? group for Dalton lathes -
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ons/topics/866
And there was a discussion regarding "change Gears".
--
cheers,

John B.

Question about small 7 x 10 lathes Cuezilla Metalworking 2 October 18th 03 03:37 AM
Craftex Lathes Surf-dude Metalworking 0 October 15th 03 01:26 PM
Hobby lathes Colin French Metalworking 0 October 12th 03 12:33 PM
tida and takisawa lathes fred Metalworking 0 August 31st 03 12:12 AM
FS: Two 9" South Bend Model C Lathes in NJ Mlshaker Metalworking 0 August 7th 03 01:13 PM